Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some hairstyle advice on growing long hair
06-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Wink Need some hairstyle advice on growing long hair
Hi i'm 21, male and i'm trying to grow long hair that i can put in a bun (no undercut)
i'm not looking for opinions if i should get a bun but on opinions on how to maintain it.

I'd like to put 2 pictures here of me but i can't post them since i don't have 50 post count. Could i link someone so he posts them for me pls?

Can someone advice me following things:
  • A shampoo
  • A conditioner
  • A leave in conditioner (if that's something people use, i have no idea)
Also I've been wondering how all the guys with semi long hair undercut that have wet looking hair going backwards. how do they get the wet look? doesn't seem like they're putting tons of gel in their hair.

Would be nice if someone could give me some advice on these things.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 02:57 PM
RE: Need some advice on growing long hair
its me - the op

checked the thread for long hair products and im gonna get

this shampoo:
Agadir Argan Oil Moisturising Shampoo 12.4 oz

this conditioner:
Wen By Chaz Dean Mandel Mint Conditioner 480ml

should i get a leave in conditioner or not?
i saw this one is good but it costs 90euro for 250ml...
Bumble and bumble Leave In Conditioner 250ml

is there anything else i should have or will this be enough?
06-09-2015, 09:14 PM
For the slicked back undercut look that you're talking about the shine comes from the product they're using, which for that type of style is usually pomade. It's actually a really simple style to do if your hair is the right length. There's a couple threads here which explain how to style it and what type of hair type/length you need.

As for the shampoo/conditioner, I haven't used those so I can't comment on them. I use the Agadir Argan Oil conditioner which is recommended by many of the forum users here. It's definitely one of the better conditioners I've used and it's relatively cheap too.

Check out this thread, which has a bunch of information about various types of hair products, which ones we recommend, and links where you can get them for a good price. I would also recommend reading Rogelio's book (it's a quick read) which has a ton of useful information that will definitely help you grow out your hair. The link to the book is in that same thread.

Good luck!
06-10-2015, 02:22 AM
(06-09-2015 09:14 PM)GoodHair Wrote:  As for the shampoo/conditioner, I haven't used those so I can't comment on them. I use the Agadir Argan Oil conditioner which is recommended by many of the forum users here. It's definitely one of the better conditioners I've used and it's relatively cheap too.

Check outRemoved link since im not allowed to post it , which has a bunch of information about various types of hair products, which ones we recommend, and links where you can get them for a good price. I would also recommend reading Rogelio's book (it's a quick read) which has a ton of useful information that will definitely help you grow out your hair. The link to the book is in that same thread.

Good luck!

the agadir argan oil is a washout conditioner right? do you use wash out and stay in conditioner or only one of those?

the thread you linked says the best leave in conditioner is Bumble and Bumble Leave in Conditioner (8 Ounces) but it costs almost 100$ for a small 8oz bottle :/
do i need leave in conditioner or is it really worth it? if not id rather not buy something as expensive tbh
06-10-2015, 11:23 AM
(06-10-2015 02:22 AM)ipappnasei Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 09:14 PM)GoodHair Wrote:  As for the shampoo/conditioner, I haven't used those so I can't comment on them. I use the Agadir Argan Oil conditioner which is recommended by many of the forum users here. It's definitely one of the better conditioners I've used and it's relatively cheap too.

Check outRemoved link since im not allowed to post it , which has a bunch of information about various types of hair products, which ones we recommend, and links where you can get them for a good price. I would also recommend reading Rogelio's book (it's a quick read) which has a ton of useful information that will definitely help you grow out your hair. The link to the book is in that same thread.

Good luck!

the agadir argan oil is a washout conditioner right? do you use wash out and stay in conditioner or only one of those?

the thread you linked says the best leave in conditioner is Bumble and Bumble Leave in Conditioner (8 Ounces) but it costs almost 100$ for a small 8oz bottle :/
do i need leave in conditioner or is it really worth it? if not id rather not buy something as expensive tbh

Yes the Agadir Argan Oil is a regular washout conditioner. I have only used wash out conditioners so I couldn't tell you how good stay in conditioners work, but I don't think they're necessary especially if you have straight or wavy hair. I would try a regular shampoo/conditioner first and give it a month or two and then assess your hair quality. If it's still not as good as you think it might be then I would look into another conditioner and leave-in conditioners.

Remember though, the best way to get healthy hair isn't through products but by having a good diet and good health in general. By taking good care of your hair and overall health (diet/lifestyle) your hair should be in great condition. There's a couple threads which discuss the importance of certain vitamins and minerals.
06-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Im bulking atm and watching out for my diet so im not too worried.

Its just im using head and shoulders for shampoo atm and i tought thats just not the real deal here.

Another thing is i have like a circle of hair on the backside of my hair. (Idk how to say it in english) its like a whirlpool from hair growing in a circle so it looks a little bit like im balding but im not at all. That shouldnt be a peoblem for a bun right?
06-10-2015, 11:58 AM
(06-10-2015 11:29 AM)ipappnasei Wrote:  Im bulking atm and watching out for my diet so im not too worried.

Its just im using head and shoulders for shampoo atm and i tought thats just not the real deal here.

Another thing is i have like a circle of hair on the backside of my hair. (Idk how to say it in english) its like a whirlpool from hair growing in a circle so it looks a little bit like im balding but im not at all. That shouldnt be a peoblem for a bun right?

Do you suffer from any dandruff? Head and Shoulders actually works pretty well if you have dandruff, just remember to follow it up with a good conditioner.

About the circle of hair, I believe you're talking about a cowlick. It shouldn't be a problem once your hair is long enough, it'll have more weight and will be less noticeable.
06-10-2015, 01:04 PM
No i dont have dandruff. They are just really good at marketing so i bought it since its the only shampoo i know lol.
06-10-2015, 03:34 PM
(06-10-2015 01:04 PM)ipappnasei Wrote:  No i dont have dandruff. They are just really good at marketing so i bought it since its the only shampoo i know lol.

If you're not suffering from dandruff then I would take a look at some of the other shampoos in the thread I linked a few posts above.
06-11-2015, 08:45 AM
I ordered the agadir argan shampoo and conditioner. :3 so excited
06-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Alwats style a cowlick in its direction and never against it!
Good Hair has given you some excellent advice and references to check. The Agadir shampoo and conditioner combination is a great one, so that was a smart choice.

About the cowlick (the common term used for that hair circle you've described), it is best that you just go with the flow of the cowlick, meaning that do not style your hair against the direction of the cowlick.

I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures of your hair. Do also have a look at our slicked back hairstyle guide for all on slicking back your hair.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-15-2015, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 12:28 PM by ipappnasei.)
RE: Need some hairstyle advice on growing long hair
Here are some pics:

[Image: f7CwvKw]

Heres the cowlik... can i still make a bun?

[Image: RtYGU1R]
06-15-2015, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 12:34 PM by ipappnasei.)
Photo RE: Need some hairstyle advice on growing long hair
I think i screwed up embedding so i'll just post imgur links...

[Image: 48198dc2ffd90482f9917cb2848d7a81.png]

Here's the cowlick:

[Image: a11a8fcb5eb2f37e13fb6a1909fd3653.png]

[Image: a080d0b7803260ddd678c0ba57fee71e.png]
06-17-2015, 09:53 AM
hey guys i just picked up my argan shampoo stuffs and my oil

when i use the conditioner its not as easy to get into all of my hair as shampoo so i gotta use more of it and i have to kindda rub it in. when i do that my hair falls out... i usually dont use a lot of hair but every time i put in conditioner i can see hair on my hands because its not that easy to get all in.
am i doing something wrong? i mean from my pics i obviously dont have a balding problem so what is this...

also do i apply argan oil to my hair when its towel dry or when it fully dried?
06-19-2015, 12:50 AM
Shampoo: Redken for men.
Conditioner: Aveda.
Apart from this, hair care is a part which should be taken care of daily as well as the products too. You only should explore according to the quality of your hair and the water you use.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing out my hair. Skyro 0 155 11-11-2016 06:14 AM
Last Post: Skyro
  Knotted ,lifeless and quite long hair [Help] theboggart 0 130 11-06-2016 11:52 AM
Last Post: theboggart
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 3 462 10-26-2016 11:53 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Growing Shoulder Length Hair from Medium Hair, How Much Time? damon789 2 526 10-03-2016 09:37 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist