Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with disconnected undercut hairstyle (with pictures)
07-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Need help with disconnected undercut hairstyle (with pictures)
So basically right now I have a somewhat disconnected undercut with 2 guard on the sides and long on the top with a little less long towards the back. I sort of have a disconnected undercut to where there is no blend between top and sides/back except one side has a slight side part.

Basically what I am getting to is that I am growing out my hair and am thinking of getting rid of the side part completely and just disconnecting it. The only thing I am worried about is that the side part might be too far up into my head or it might just be me thinking that.

So what are you guys' thoughts? Is the side part to far up to disconnect or will it look normal just like the other side? If I take it off will it be even with the other side?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2015, 11:44 AM
An Undercut haircut can make or break a long men's hairstyle depending on your goal.
It will all depend on what it is that you want to grow your hair into. The problem with the Undercut haircut when growing one's hair long is that you either stick with it for the long term or you don't. The Undercut is an extreme haircut for long hair and it requires that you keep it buzzed frequently as otherwise you will end up with a bad haircut on the sides that will break your hairstyle aesthetics.

If what you're after is something like a man bun Undercut or a top knot, then, sure, continue with the undercut. But if you're looking to blend the sides and back of your head with the top, then either let the sides and back grow or choose another type of disconnected haircut. Something like a long taper cut can look good on long hair for men, especially if you're going for some type of curtained hairstyle like the middle part hairstyle.

Lastly, what's your hair type? I highly advise against the Undercut for long curly hair. If you have curly hair and want to grow it long with an Undercut, then go instead with a 2 Step Undercut haircut which cuts the hair on the sides and back into a layered Undercut, thus minimizing the mushroom-effect created by curly hair when it's growing long.

A moderator has already upgraded your account so that you can post pictures. The best thing that you can do is post some pictures of your current hairstyle and then mention what sort of future-goal hairstyle you have in your mind. Depending on your goal, an Undercut may or may not be a wise haircut decision.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 61 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 264 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 282 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 308 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777