Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with Justin Bieber hairstyle
12-03-2013, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 02:03 PM by Kingbreeze.)
Need help with Justin Bieber hairstyle
Hi

I am wanting the justin bieber hairstyle. I am missing something and I don't know what it is of how to fix it so I came here.

Here s a picture of my hair during the middle of the day.

[Image: 2s9osxu.jpg]

Other pics:
Wet hair: [Image: 2m5ar6b.jpg]

Fully blow dried: [Image: mj0c5w.jpg]

Lengths: sides: shaved to a 2
Top: 4"

Products: hair bond hair moulder, blow dryer, gel, curling iron, straightener, comb, brush

My method: shower, put hair moulder on roots , blow dry straight up, style

Problems: hair gets greasy, front of my hair has no volume,

I feel like I'm missing something to achieve this hair style
[Image: Justin-Bieber-Hair-Evolution-11-600x450.jpg]

Help needed!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 03:40 AM by Midnite.)
RE: Need help with Justin Bieber hairstyle
If your hair gets greasy, maybe you need to find a different product. For the front of your hair, try putting product on your finger tips only and work the front of your hair. Also, you should put on a little moulder before blow drying to have your hair go where you want. Then after blow drying you then put the normal amount, one finger tip, to add texture and style from there.
12-05-2013, 04:36 PM
If your hair gets greasy with hair moulder (I'm assuming you're using this hair moulder) then you're using too much. Hair moulder should not look greasy, in fact most hairstyling products should never look greasy when applied. Greasy-looking is a sign of overdone product application.

Also, don't put hairstyling products in your roots! The hair product (hair moulder, hair gel, hair wax) should coat the length of the hair except for the base of the shaft (i.e. roots). If you put hair moulder on your roots then no wonder your hair will feel greasy as the hair moulder will mix with your natural sebum and create a viscous substance that is a pain in the backside to remove. Rogelio explains all of this in his book "The Men's Hair Book" (see below for product recommendations).

If using less hair moulder doesn't improve the aesthetics of your hair, switch to hair wax and hair spray. The light-reflecting effect you see in Justin Bieber's hairstyle picture you posted is achieved with hair spray.

So, to summarize:

- Halve the amount of hair moulder you use. If this amount still keeps the hair looking greasy, switch to hair wax
- When you style your hair with the moulder/wax, use your fingers and make sure none of the hair product goes on your roots/scalp
- Once you have set the hairstyle with the hair moulder/wax and the hair straightener/hair dryer that you use, finish off with hair spray. Just spray the hair spray for a count of 2 seconds all across your hair on the head.

Hair products to buy: (click each link)

- Hair wax (buy this hair wax as it's always good to have a hair wax even if you continue with hair moulder. Hair wax is a very convenient product)
- Heat protecting spray: You told me in another thread that you straighten your hair without using a heat protecting spray, which is follicle suicide! Start using this heat protecting spray every time you use a hair straightener. No excuses.
- Hair spray: this one will enhance the brush up/quiff hairstyle like in the picture of Justin Bieber's hairstyle
- The Men's Hair Book: buy this book ASAP. The book goes through everything about hairstyling, hair care, hair grooming and building your own hair care routines. Plus lots of tips, advice, myth busting etc. This book is a must have for anyone interested in having great hair.

Lastly depending on which hair straightener you currently use, you may do better buying a new hair straightener. If your hair straightener is one of those cheap ones, then do yourself a favor and buy yourself this titanium hair straightener together with the products above. This hair straightener will save your hair from the awful heat damage of cheap hair straighteners.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Top notch advice by Admin TheMenshairforum above, hair spray always does wonders, matte wax + hair spray & you get a pretty cool effect with not too much shine but good reflection. Am fairly positive that that is exactly what Justin bieber has used for his hairstyle like Admin described above Smile
12-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks admin,

Also, how does justin bieber achieve such a successful messy style?

And should I curl my front tips back so they are not sticking straight up? And when I use hair spray my hair looks really thin. This is currently what it looks like.
[Image: 6t23o0.jpg]

What do you notice between mine and his hair. What's different?
[Image: 6t23o0.jpg]

Thanks!
12-07-2013, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 04:52 PM by Barber.)
Mate as a barber myself I can tell you one thing, the hairstyles of Justin Bieber and the likes are good to get some inspiration from but not to copy.
Why?
Because Justin Bieber has a team of stylists behind his arse 24/7 so that when he leaves his house with his ferrari he looks great in the pictures the paparazzi take of him. Trying to copy Justin Biebers hairstyle would be craziness. Instead get ideas.
You have a good hairstyle base and the same hair type as Justin Bieber so that's good. Havent seen many pics of you but you look to be brushing up everything on the top. Instead brush up the front and then use your hands to tame down a tad the hair that goes right till the back. When you look at yourself from the side for example, your hair should gradually decrease in length from the front where the quiff is all the way to the back - of the top of the head -
Or better yet just tousle your hair with your fingers and shape the quiff up with the fingers too. The hairstyle of Justin Bieber you posted is easy to do & you got it almost nailed down. You know your way with a hair dryer I can see so thats good too, Justin Bieber uses a hair dryer like Cristiano Ronaldo uses a hair straightener Lol - in case you dont get the joke, Justin Bieber uses a hair dryer A LOT

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
12-07-2013, 05:02 PM
btw I just read you mention that your hair looks thin when you use hair spray. This should not happen with a good hair spray so I advice you to buy the one TheMensHairForum suggested earlier to you (he suggested this hair spray).
Your hair does look a bit strawy more than thin and I suspect is because you dont use a heat protective product for your hair curling and hair straightening.
You MUST use a heat protective hair product when you use hair straighteners, curling irons and hair dryers as often as you do. Get the heat protective hair product TMHF also suggested to you (it was this one) soon because when hair is damaged with heat, it is damaged forever and I am fairly certain the thin hair effect you are reporting is actually your hair being mildly damaged.

And last but not least, if you want to get a thick hair effect as in have the hair look thicker and stronger then instead of hair wax get a hair styling cream which acts like hair wax but gives more body to the hair. I advice you to get this hair styling cream, it is not cheap but it is so very much the money and it is excellent for hair exposed to high heat frequently like yours.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
12-09-2013, 01:21 AM
From the pictures, it seems like Justin has the front up and leaves the rest a bit down. He might even cut the top shorter and leave the front a little long to achieve that. I feel as if your hair needs more texture in it, the TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Separation Workable Wax that was linked should help with that.
12-09-2013, 09:09 AM
I cut the burnt parts of my hair off, here's how my hair looks with hairspray. Bad color and doesn't look good :/

[Image: 297nm9.jpg]
12-09-2013, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 02:33 PM by Midnite.)
Just try putting on wax for now, using hairspray alone won't get you what your looking for in my opinion. When I had short hair I only used hair spray after I styled with wax so I can have my hair hold exactly where I want it. Just a pet peeve of mine but can you rotate your future photo uploads, lol thanks.
12-09-2013, 03:55 PM
(12-07-2013 04:51 PM)Barber Wrote:  Havent seen many pics of you but you look to be brushing up everything on the top. Instead brush up the front and then use your hands to tame down a tad the hair that goes right till the back. When you look at yourself from the side for example, your hair should gradually decrease in length from the front where the quiff is all the way to the back - of the top of the head -

(12-09-2013 01:21 AM)Midnite Wrote:  From the pictures, it seems like Justin has the front up and leaves the rest a bit down. He might even cut the top shorter and leave the front a little long to achieve that.

These 2 quotes from Barber and Midnite are 100% correct. You are lifting all you're hair up but Justin Bieber only has the front section up. The hairstyle is easy because all you have to do is use your fingers to make the shape by looking at the picture.
Use hair wax yes.
12-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Guys,

The picture with my hair all up is after blow drying, just showing you how I blow dry it all up. I have trouble spiking my hair straight up because my hair naturally lays left so I get separation, as you can se from my previous post. I just want tips on how he styles it
12-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Honestly its really not that hard to do. There's no perfect way to do it. My advice is this, work the product in your hair after blow drying. Just run your hands through and rub it all over to get the product worked in your hair. Then from there you can style the front NOT straight up but style it going inwards on both sides. As for the rest of the hair on top, style it so it goes up but inwards. When I say inwards, for example, using you left hand you would style it towards your right, and using your right hand, style it towards your left. So it goes up but the hair is styled to face in the middle of your head. If I had short hair I would have posted a video(of course per permission of the mods) to show you but unfortunately I do not have short hair anymore.
12-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Have you checked out youtube videos? That's how I did mine originally until going to a hairdressers.
12-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Ok, from what i can see your fringe is slightly to long for starters.
Firstly, use heat protector
Secondly, put some wax or i use American Crew Ultra matte( leaves no shine)
Next, blow dry up and then using a round brush blow dry it but switching to cold air every few seconds( helps lock the hair in place).
Then, straighten hair and apply wax , i use TIGI Bed Head For Men Matte Separation Workable Wax , but i personally find it goes hold my hair up but feel like there is nothing in your hair , which is good but can be a problem as you get lots of fly aways.
I have found straighten in your hair again and re-applying the wax does help
Also you could use some sea salt spray to add some texture, but i have found some to give me white flakes.
How that helped ive been trying for a while to get a similar, slightly longer sort of quiff. So if anyone has a good suggestion for a wax that is isnt overly shiny but with a hold that will last that would be great.
Good luck
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need help to achieve hairstyle - Alan Wilder from Depeche Mode oliharps01 0 168 10-18-2016 04:19 PM
Last Post: oliharps01
  Growing Man Bun Hairstyle with Short Wavy Curly Hair and Puffy thickheadedandhaired 3 1,365 05-02-2016 04:24 PM
Last Post: Refrusloi
  Justin Bieber hairstyle Mobcommcard 1 1,088 05-02-2016 11:38 AM
Last Post: Refrusloi
  What is the hairstyle name of this businessmen haircut? Pablo1914 1 1,361 09-26-2015 10:45 AM
Last Post: Mike Lowe