Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on my "not curly nor wavy" hair
05-17-2017, 01:37 PM
Need advice on my "not curly nor wavy" hair
Hello!Blush

First off, I don't know what my hair type is (pictures below)... I think it's closer to wavy than it is to curly, but I wouldn't say it's wavy because it's impossible to style after it dries naturally, and looks totally ridiculous. But, blow-drying it makes a huge difference, and from there I can style it nicely.

My problem is this: I love how my hair looks when I style it properly (everyday), and it makes a huge difference on my appearance, but I absolutely need to blow-dry it (nozzle + brush) to straighten it to a point where I can style it. It's a simple and fast process, which doesn't bother me, but it's a big handicap in that I can't even bring myself to go to pool parties or to the beach because of how embarrassing my hair will look in those situations. Even sleepovers can get stressful for that reason.

I lurked the forums and used the search tool quite a bit to get an idea of what my options are, but I felt like my particular hair type warranted a new thread for my specific goal, which isn't exactly the same as others from what I've seen. The posts I read were about lads who wanted bone straight hair, but I think wavy styled hair looks fantastic (don't get me wrong, straight is awesome too), and so maybe something as drastic as a hair relaxer is not needed for my purpose, but I don't know.

Code:
imgur.com/a/zU4tk

I made the album linked above to show what my hair looks like in 4 different states: Wet, Air Dried, Blow-dried, and Blow-dried with the nozzle and a brush to style it with pomade and hairspray, which I do daily.

Notice the difference between air dried and blow dried, the former is impossible to style and looks ridiculous (worse than in the picture), and the latter is wavy, I can work with that.

I purchased the Linange Shea Butter Texturizer, but I haven't used it yet because I figured it'd be wiser to get some advice from you guys first. Tongue
From what I gathered, this product could make my hair wavy instead of curly-ish, and so then it could look fine even when air dried, which is my ultimate goal. Big Grin

But, is it appropriate for my hair type, and would it indeed give me the result I want? Huh If not, can anyone suggest other alternatives? To be clear, my main concern is how my hair looks when it's wet and air dried, but in any case I'm confident that I would be able to style it to my liking with my blow dryer, like I have always done and still do. Cool

Thanks in advance, this forum is great! Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: Need advice on my "not curly nor wavy" hair
HuhHuhHuh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad Need advice Kenny221 0 59 12-04-2017 02:52 AM
Last Post: Kenny221
  Help/advice needed Alpha121314 0 122 07-09-2017 08:45 PM
Last Post: Alpha121314
  Advice requests; Please help me figure out hair cut should I get? (weird hairline) AllenB 0 217 06-05-2017 12:33 AM
Last Post: AllenB
  I really need some haircut advice. TriangleJaw 2 555 02-10-2017 02:10 AM
Last Post: TriangleJaw