Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a new hairstyle! HELP! :O
06-07-2014, 02:50 AM
Need a new hairstyle! HELP! :O
Hey guys how are you?
The mini mohawk hairstyle fits me perfectly with my hair short to medium length. As it grows longer however, soft wavy coils start to form which gives me an afro-circular head shape. When it grows real long, it forms an afro, but my hair isn't really rough. So you can call it a "soft" afro. Since my face is round, this hairstyle doesn't fit me at all. It makes my face look big and fat.

I really need advice on how to brush it, style it, maybe even cut it because i'm really looking forward to growing my hair.

Any help is more than welcome! Big Grin if you guys need pics i'm willing to cooperate!

Thanks for your time!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 03:21 AM
RE: Need a new hairstyle! HELP! :O
(06-07-2014 02:50 AM)Afrodude Wrote:  Hey guys how are you?
The mini mohawk hairstyle fits me perfectly with my hair short to medium length. As it grows longer however, soft wavy coils start to form which gives me an afro-circular head shape. When it grows real long, it forms an afro, but my hair isn't really rough. So you can call it a "soft" afro. Since my face is round, this hairstyle doesn't fit me at all. It makes my face look big and fat.

I really need advice on how to brush it, style it, maybe even cut it because i'm really looking forward to growing my hair.

Any help is more than welcome! Big Grin if you guys need pics i'm willing to cooperate!

Thanks for your time!

oups, just read the "Please READ before introducing yourself" post. I'm so sorry shouldn't have asked for advice

You can call me "afrodude" Tongue that's my nickname since 8th grade when i really grew my hair and had an afro. I'm into all kinds of sports but especially basketball... and basically that's it... Yes i have a boring life Blush
06-07-2014, 10:03 AM
hey welcome dude!
06-07-2014, 12:19 PM
(06-07-2014 10:03 AM)Alex Wrote:  hey welcome dude!

Thanks man!
06-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Welcome!

I can see that you need to do some reading because it isn't as easy as giving you a cookie-cutter reply. Browse this forum and start by the hair type guide and hair length guide. From there move on to the Curly Hair section and look for the coiled curly hairstyles thread.

Have a look at our shampoo and conditioner discussion to learn about using shampoo and conditioners for men and do also browse our Natural Hair section, since an oil-based hair care approach tends to benefit men with kinky curly hair like yours (since you describe your hair as "afro" shaped). We have close to a hundred "hair guides" in the forum by now and the number is growing thanks to the many experts that we have in this forum, so make sure to read, read and then read some more on this forum. And of course, make sure to ask questions where questions are merited, we will be happy to help you out where possible.

Once you have 11 posts, feel free to open a thread in the Blog and Journey section and ask for personal advice and feedback. In this section you can keep track of any new styles, haircuts, hair products and similar that you try (as well as ay facial hair you grow). We actually recommend having a thread in that section with pictures of your hair so we can have a better idea of what you would like to have as well as what you need.

If you can pick up a copy of The Men's Hair Book (see link), that will help you immensely in learning fast and getting up to date. That doesn't mean that you should not browse our forum or ask questions here, but that book has all you need to know about coiled and kinky curly hair . The author of the book is the famous expert Rogelio Samson from ManlyCurls.com and he even created the same hair type guide that we use in the forum and which he details in his book (among many other guides and methods he describes in The Men's hair Book). Rogelio also has really curly hair so if there is anyone who knows about curly hair, then that's Rogelio.

Even though the above seems like a lot of effort, it really isn't that much. We have lots of detailed guides and discussions that will already direct you towards what you have to do. On top of that The Men's Hair Book is a very concise and straightforward book and will help you to build your own routines and hair care strategies (which only take a few minutes). Unfortunately it is not possible to give you any make a cookie cutter solution for their hair and this is why so many guys fail with their hair as all they read is the same garbage online without considering that each male has his unique needs and wants (not to mention the lies and impossible expectations that many guys are sold!).

Anyway, welcome on board and we hope to see you around the forum!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Hey man! thanks a lot for the advice! you've been of great help
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hello, all - From shaving hair to growing a hairstyle steveoh562 1 398 09-03-2015 11:09 AM
Last Post: Panther
  Wanting to try different hairstyle to buzz cut haircut Joe99 0 499 08-18-2015 11:13 PM
Last Post: Joe99
  Change Hairstyle From Side Swept Fringe, New Forum Member! denton 0 624 05-13-2015 10:10 PM
Last Post: denton
  Hey, looking for some hair advice and hairstyle ideas! SPADtrap 2 873 04-26-2015 10:11 PM
Last Post: rodolf094