Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Natural products for kinky hair
06-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Natural products for kinky hair
I love shea butter and coconut butter as natural products for my kinky hair. More and more i try to get my hair products with natural ingredients cos i find that oils and butters get my kinks soft and smooth.
be interesting to hear what you all use or like as natural hair products and how you use them etc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: Natural products for kinky hair
This is an excellent thread idea, Jay. It's awesome that we get more and more forum members making threads that actually get these ideas out!

For me, it has to be extra-virgin olive oil, always from Spain and always "extra virgin". Shea butter is good too and pure glycerin is excellent too and I usually mix it with other ingredients for the ultimate awesome-mane cocktail. Coconut butter is good too but I find it is more difficult to remove than extra-virgin olive oil, and it can leave some residue behind; however, coconut butter is superb for sealing in moisture fairly fast as it is more viscous than the natural oils.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
06-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Natural oils really work but i think it takes some work to find the right one for you .
100% pure and raw coconut butter really helps and hot oil treatments too but dont know what the hairdresser used as the oil when I got it done.
06-24-2013, 03:44 PM
i have to agree with olive oil and coconut butter being natural hair products to own. Try to get them raw from the supermarket shelf if you really want it natural. Many hair companies like to claim their hair products are natural when they are the opposite.
Check the labels.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
06-25-2013, 04:32 PM
raw natural shea butter and coconut butter have done a lot of good for my curls. my curls are similar to yours Afrojay fyi
03-12-2014, 03:32 AM
thanks for sharing because i have a very kinky hair
03-12-2014, 03:11 PM
(06-22-2013 03:15 PM)Robert Wrote:  Natural oils really work but i think it takes some work to find the right one for you .
100% pure and raw coconut butter really helps and hot oil treatments too but dont know what the hairdresser used as the oil when I got it done.

curious about the raw coconut butter as the Tesco I have near by seems to only have very refined coconut butter. Do any of you get it from online?
03-13-2014, 04:37 PM
(03-12-2014 03:11 PM)Bradley Wrote:  
(06-22-2013 03:15 PM)Robert Wrote:  Natural oils really work but i think it takes some work to find the right one for you .

curious about the raw coconut butter as the Tesco I have near by seems to only have very refined coconut butter. Do any of you get it from online?

For natural hair products, Amazon is a gift to humankind Big Grin actually it is a gift to humankind when it comes to mens hair products overall because you always find in Amazon whatever you are searching for & much cheaper than in other offline or online places.
The guys in the forum report great results with this raw organic coconut butter. This specific kind of coconut butter is difficult to find in most supermarkets & you will only find raw organic 100% pure coconut butter like the one in the link I just gave you at either a niche organic shop or online at specific placed like Amazon. In niche shops this kind of natural product can cost twice as much or more from the cost that you can get it at amazon. The premium coconut butter in the link is sold at Amazon for an amazing price & it is excellent for your hair.

Shea butter and olive oil are great for natural hair too. This shea butter is 100% pure & awesome to have not only for your hair but also for your skin. It makes the hair shiny & soft, it's a great product to buy for a natural mane.

Like I said olive oil is also great for hair - even for hair where you use artifical styling products - and you only need a little bit of the olive oil to coat your hair & get lots of natural conditioning and moisturizing for your hair. The cool thing is that you can use the same olive oil you bought for your hair also for your food, either for cooking & frying or for dressing salads!
It is very important tho to only use extra virgin olive oil for your hair as that is the kind of oil that has the most nutrients and properties to condition your hair Smile I always get this extra virgin olive oil after I saw that Rogelio recommended it. It comes in a pack of 2 bottles & for its high quality + price, this oil is unbeatable. The olive oil in the link leaves my hair smooth & gives it a kind of nice gloss that I have not experienced yet with artificial styling products likes pomade & wax - and I try & use a LOT of hair products over the years Big Grin
08-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Try Argan Oil.

I've just tried it for the first time and my hair is smooth and conditioned - as opposed to the hay-like hair I'm used to. Big Grin
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Natural Hair Uncontrollable Starlightwarden 0 230 08-09-2016 04:27 PM
Last Post: Starlightwarden
  Long Natural Hair with Fade Haircut or Short on the Sides - Best of Both Worlds MarkusAurelius 7 4,699 09-30-2015 06:04 PM
Last Post: MarkusAurelius
  Tips for Natural Hair Men on Styling, Hair Care and Haircuts Sunset 1 1,656 07-01-2015 10:13 AM
Last Post: Freddie
  Natural hairstyle name of this type of braids for men? Africa 2 2,333 07-01-2015 09:40 AM
Last Post: Sunset