Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Natural Hair for Men: What It Is
06-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Natural Hair for Men: What It Is
Natural hair for men can be summarized as hair that is either product free or is groomed and cared with natural ingredients and no processing. The definition of "natural hair" is not strict and in this forum we will go with the description in the lines above.

In this new forum section, we aim to cover natural hair so that you can avoid the many chemicals that are added to hair products and have healthier hair and a healthier life. Natural hair products, hairstyles that favor natural hair, natural grooming and natural hair care, this section is to cover all of this and get each one of us with more natural and healthier manes! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: Natural Hair for Men: What It Is
Love this idea admin, it surely gives more hair care options especially for us black/mixed men.
06-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Hey TMHF,

Thanks for creating this section. It will help a lot of men as having chemical-free hair is certainly a possibility for a 21st century male. I will be posting here, that's for sure!

Best

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
06-29-2013, 05:31 PM
so basically the use of oils as hair conditioner and nothing else can count as natural too?
08-15-2013, 07:44 PM
(06-29-2013 05:31 PM)Stevens Wrote:  so basically the use of oils as hair conditioner and nothing else can count as natural too?

yes! picked from the tree and minimal treating, but if add more chemicals is not natural Smile
09-15-2013, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 04:42 PM by clj89.)
I've used a few different shampoos and conditioners of course not all at the same time. There's Kinky Curly Come Clean and Knot Today, Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo and Restorative Conditioner, Suave Naturals Shea butter and Almond Conditioner, Dove Intensive Repair Conditioner (not a natural one but just thought about it as I as typing), BioInfusion shampoo and Conditioner. I've found all at Target and some at Walmart. But the BioInfusion only at Walgreens. For kinky hair, the Kinky Curly and Shea Butter Moisture definitely causes shrinkage. My hair isn't a super big afro, I guess its a TWA, still not exactly sure, but I could see a length difference after using them. More so with the Shea Butter Moisture. An aside from the those, I use an oil mix for moisturizing; extra virgin olive oil, grape seed oil, and tea tree oil and if I have jojoba and peppermint those too.
09-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Nice comment clj89! You seem to be a bit of a product junky then Smile There's a few of us in this forum too Big Grin

So are you growing your 'fro or going to keep it a TWA?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-22-2013, 12:06 AM
(09-16-2013 09:59 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Nice comment clj89! You seem to be a bit of a product junky then Smile There's a few of us in this forum too Big Grin

So are you growing your 'fro or going to keep it a TWA?

Lol, yea. I've been trying to stop buying stuff but when I see it I cant help myself...I'm growing it out, trying to see what happens.
10-16-2013, 09:15 AM
I always tried to avoid using too much product, but it was hard to do the faux hawk without gel.
10-18-2013, 01:31 PM
(10-16-2013 09:15 AM)itsjasonhh Wrote:  I always tried to avoid using too much product, but it was hard to do the faux hawk without gel.

You can try using hair wax for a more natural looking Faux Hawk hairstyle too Smile

02-06-2015, 12:45 PM
(10-18-2013 01:31 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(10-16-2013 09:15 AM)itsjasonhh Wrote:  I always tried to avoid using too much product, but it was hard to do the faux hawk without gel.

You can try using for a more natural looking Faux Hawk hairstyle too Smile

Would this help in shaping curls?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Natural Hair Uncontrollable Starlightwarden 0 234 08-09-2016 04:27 PM
Last Post: Starlightwarden
  Long Natural Hair with Fade Haircut or Short on the Sides - Best of Both Worlds MarkusAurelius 7 4,726 09-30-2015 06:04 PM
Last Post: MarkusAurelius
  Tips for Natural Hair Men on Styling, Hair Care and Haircuts Sunset 1 1,666 07-01-2015 10:13 AM
Last Post: Freddie
  Natural hairstyle name of this type of braids for men? Africa 2 2,347 07-01-2015 09:40 AM
Last Post: Sunset