Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Hair Uncontrollable
08-09-2016, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 04:29 PM by Starlightwarden.)
Natural Hair Uncontrollable
*I'm not sure if this is the right location the post this*

Hello all, I'm rather new here and need some advice/help. I was born with natural wavy and curly hair that is very thick, but since I was seventeen my hair texture changed to straight with curly, kinky and dry with dry unruly bangs, the kind that curl down hard into a "C" shape. I am 19 now.

I can't put my hair into any style as a result. I used to be able to have my hair long and messy, about four inches almost. Now I keep it shaved on the top and bangs with a 5 and short on the sides and back with a 2.
I have tried everything, using a straightener with a leave in spray for heat, leave in conditioner, oils, moisturizing and clarifying shampoos, and deep conditioners of all different brands. My hair just stays dry no matter what and my bangs don't style at all. They curl down hard and the rest of my hair will turn into split ends. If I put it up back in a slicked look, my bangs will curl all over and random split ends in the bangs will curl downwards. If I lay it down it lays against my forehead and makes it itchy and irritated. It makes styling impossible since the rest of my hair isn't curls other than the back of my neck.
I can't even simply part it to a side since the curls are an issue.

I can't use gel as a result of the dryness and have to get monthly haircuts. I don't like having such short hair and I'm so tired of the coarse dry texture my hair has. I just want to get it long but even long it is a nightmare because if how dry it is...
If I straighten it once even on the lowest setting, it gets even more dry, even with a heat serum. After one or two straightenings or even a blow dry, my next shower my hair feels like straw all the way around, especially my bangs.

Does anyone have similar experiences and any ways to help me to get it to a comfortable length that won't have me annoyed with it constantly?

I just want a simple style that I can do. I reallly would like a slick back but this is impossible with my hair type and condition.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long Natural Hair with Fade Haircut or Short on the Sides - Best of Both Worlds MarkusAurelius 7 4,704 09-30-2015 06:04 PM
Last Post: MarkusAurelius
  Tips for Natural Hair Men on Styling, Hair Care and Haircuts Sunset 1 1,656 07-01-2015 10:13 AM
Last Post: Freddie
  Natural hairstyle name of this type of braids for men? Africa 2 2,338 07-01-2015 09:40 AM
Last Post: Sunset
Photo Natural Hair Men Pictures - Big Afro Hairstyles and Long Curly Styles TheMensHairForum 1 5,448 03-28-2015 08:00 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum