Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My review of Suave for Kids Detangling Conditioner
10-29-2014, 12:57 PM
My review of Suave for Kids Detangling Conditioner
I would like to post in this long hair part of the forum a detangler review: Suave for Kids Detangling Conditioner. These detangling products are needed for those of us with long hair and not to mention those of us with curly hair Smile the product is unisex as are all detanglers. The product is for kids but adults can use it. The only reason why it is for kids is because kids are running around all the time and tangle their hair frequently.

I've really enjoyed all of the Suave for Kids products I have tried. For the most part, I was mainly attracted to the 2 in 1's, not because they worked perfectly but because they all had a really great lasting scent.

When I came across Suave for Kids Conditioner Plus Detangler, Go Go Grape though, I was not too impressed with the scent. I left it behind for a few months until I actually gave it a try.

My Hair History:

My hair is thick, unruly, and very long. No matter what the promise is on the bottle, I for the most part, end up with some tangles a couple of days after detangling. Sometimes it can be a painful process just running the wide tooth comb through it. I know though, that if I were to skip the wide tooth comb... I'd suffer a major consequence later on. Knots galore.

When I came across Suave for Kids Conditioner Plus Detangler, Go Go Grape, I had a feeling that kid formula would not work at all. I still decided to give it a go since the product is very cheap and only the salon professional detanglers work for my curls. Salon professional detanglers are very expensive so I simply decided to test the Suave for Kids detangling conditioner.

First though, let me cover the scent.

Suave for Kids Conditioner Plus Detangler, Go Go Grape, indeed has a grape scent. It comparable to grape gum, however it has an almost vitamin like after scent that I just didn't like. Sort of like powder, and Spree candies. Now if it weren't for the odd whiff of vitamins, candy and powder, the initial grape smell would of been perfect.

I was not surprised about the artificial gummy scent as this product is for kids after all! Big Grin

My Use:

I used a normal shampoo and rinsed. Next I added a good amount of the Suave for Kids detangling conditioner. I have long hair, so I have to use more then the average person.

I ran the conditioner through my hair, and let it sit for a good 3 minutes before rinsing. The conditioner itself has a nice thick creamy texture but not as thick of a texture as some of my better conditioners.

After rinsing, my hand was getting tangled just as I was washing out. If there are tangles while water is running down my head, odds are that there will be tangles when I get out of the shower.

The Results:

Suave for Kids Conditioner Plus Detangler, Go Go Grape is not a horrible detangler conditioner, nor is it one worthy of praise. I could see how this would work on those with thin straight hair. But for those of us with thick wavy to curly type hair won't see much of a difference. I actually have had better results from the Suave for Kids detangling spray.

There were still knots in my hair after using Suave for Kids Detangling Conditioner. The knots however were a bit easier to comb through than not. The difference is small but it is present enough to take notice.

Overall:

It's decent for the price you pay. I would not make this my number one all time favourite, but I do enjoy the fact that it works somewhat. Those with thin hair or straight hair would most likely get excellent results, so I do recommend it.

The grape scent does linger for the day, even though it is a very fake grape scent.

Suave for Kids Detangling Conditioner is also a plus for kids because the formula claims to be tear free. The bottle is easy to squeeze, so kids can actually do it themselves.

Where To Find:

In any super store, down the hair care isle or Amazon. The price is low enough to buy it just to test it and see if you like it.

Elena
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information Long hair detangling for men: how to detangle knots instructions Long Mane 1 3,059 10-15-2014 04:27 PM
Last Post: Sunset