Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Hair Journey with fine hair!
06-26-2014, 10:14 AM
My Hair Journey with fine hair!
Hi Hair Community,
I post this in this section, because I was told, that I can ask questions along with my hair story! I hope you will get me on the right hair journey.
I did a lot of research in this forum and learned a lot of new things, however I still need some Information for thin/fine hair. I do not mean thinning hair; I just mean natural thin hair. I will definitely buy the mens hair book. However, as I really want to make my hair look better, I believe showing you pictures and describing the exact problem will be more helpful for me, because you can give advice based on my hair.
It may be beneficial, if you look at my pictures first, just to better understand what I am writing about!

Hairstyle

As you can guess, I will need help with my natural fine hair. You can see in the pictures that my hair is just flat. It doesn`t have any volume at all. As I tried a lot of things, I actually got very good at doing my hair ( for fine hair of course, for people with pretty thick hair my fine hair still look freaking stupid). I add volume mouse before blow drying them in the right direction. You can see the result. In my opinion it actually doesn`t look bad, but its still not comparable with other people`s hair. If I had to tell you which style I want to achieve, it would be something like justin bieber`s hair. Sides short. And the rest blowdryed in the right direction. Doesn`t have to look like justin bieber, just the common popular style which a lot of men have. (Just look at my pictures, I am pretty sure you can guess, what it should look like)

I do blowdry with a comb. If I blowdry with my finger, they do not build a good direction. On top of this there are somehow gaps in my hair. So I am pretty sure that I will do better with a comb, but lets see what you guys say.

I can’t really describe a journey, because before this hairstyle, I just did nothing with my hair. It just looked ridiculous. Then I cut the side short and did some blow-drying on the top.

Products

So, I do not have tried a lot of products, because I think it would be better to ask first. I recently bought redken 06 thickening lotion. However it doesn`t do much. Therefore I think all thickening stuff won`t do a lot for me. Don`t get me wrong, I know that there won`t be a miracle product to get my hair thick, but just a little bit would be awesome, but I think that just won`t happen. I already bought American crew fiber, because it says it adds texture to fine hair and doesn`t weigh it down. Well, thats next problem, most products weigh my hair down.
Naturally, I read through the epic product list, but I decided to wait to heat your opinion on what products might work better. If you see my hair, it may be a different product than on the list.

Next two problems which I do not really find translation on the internet are:
Firstly, I have (I think its so called) receding hairlines. It is not a pretty hairline.
Secondly, on the front my hair is not straight, it keeps a bow, however most of the time I can make it better with the blow dryer.

I know some people will say : Well, try a shorter style, so your hair doesn`t fall down anymore However if I want to keep it short, I would have done it. I just don`t like it short. I love typical sides completely short with long hair on top hairstyles. For example in the undercut thread, there a lot of awesome hairstyles!

So my question is, HAVE YOU ANY TIPPS FOR ME TO MAKE MY HAIRSTYLE LOOK BETTER? Any products you think that would work? Any other tipps which will make it better?

Generelly speaking I really like all undercut styles.For example: Zyan Malik Hairstyle. So I think it would be better if you can help me which style will suit my hair.

These pictures are actually my Facebook profile pictures, just to show you how my hair looks when its styled. Sorry about the black-white pictures. I hope this Pictures are enough for an idea what my hair is like. Remember, if I do not style my hair, it would be completley flat!

Can someone give me permission to post my Facebook Pictures? It doesn`t work.
Otherwise, my name on Facebook is Raphael Steinschaden. These are the Profile Pictures that I would have posted.

I really glad about any advice! I hope some of you can help me to make my hair look better!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: My Hair Journey with fine hair!
Hey man that looks like an excellent description & that is what we are looking for because it gives us the details needed. I have just enabled your posting of images so pls go ahead & post them. I am sure your issue is easily fixed Smile
06-29-2014, 02:19 AM
[Image: photo.php?fbid=662865213767358&s...mp;theater]

[Image: photo.php?fbid=564316610288886&s...mp;theater]

[Image: photo.php?fbid=541765589210655&s...mp;theater]
06-29-2014, 02:33 AM
I think it doesn`t work? I followed the introductions of the thread "Where to get images and pictures to use in your Posts" and copied the URL of the Facebook Pictures. The thread says that it is okay to post Pictures from Facebook?
06-29-2014, 06:42 AM
(06-29-2014 02:33 AM)Der Raphinator Wrote:  I think it doesn`t work? I followed the introductions of the thread "Where to get images and pictures to use in your Posts" and copied the URL of the Facebook Pictures. The thread says that it is okay to post Pictures from Facebook?

If you right click on the place where the image should be displayed and open it in a new tab, you can see the photos. I think you'd have to embed the image link on it's own, not just with the Facebook stuff.

So for example, to link your first photo. The link would be below (without the <> next to img):

[img>] https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...6170_n.jpg [</img]

Good looking guy with a good body!
06-29-2014, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2014 07:57 AM by Der Raphinator.)
[Image: 10463064_662865213767358_8909342551020746170_n.jpg]

[Image: 1398930_564316610288886_795055709_o.jpg]

[Image: 1003065_541765589210655_160179771_n.jpg]

Docks, thank you for your help!!
07-05-2014, 06:00 AM
Would be really really glad even if You can give me just little advice (:
07-16-2014, 04:26 AM
I guess i did something wrong in the description as nobody tries to help. Would be cool to say whats wrong otherwise its rather difficult for me to change something.

A week ago i received the mens hairbook. Its an awesome book. I definitely learned something new. However, i already did a lot of things and therefore it wont be a big change my hair.

So someone could help me out? (:
Thanks!
09-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Could someone please delete this thread!
09-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Could someone please delete this thread!
09-13-2014, 12:57 AM
(09-08-2014 09:39 PM)Der Raphinator Wrote:  Could someone please delete this thread!

Hey man I think your hair looks awesome! Yes the hairline seems a bit high up but I think that's not something that could be fixed unless you bring the fringe down. But anyway you're hair looks good in my opinion.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing long hair (man bun) with fine hair type Bsrfitness 3 7,748 03-13-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: Eetu00
  Chronicling my long hair journey jaysen_ 6 1,109 12-28-2015 12:42 AM
Last Post: jaysen_
  Short hair to long Journey shahrukhch1 21 9,340 12-15-2015 03:56 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  How to get smooth, shiny and soft hair for wavy, frizzy hair - Please HELP John94 3 1,289 10-02-2015 08:27 AM
Last Post: redmenace