Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 17 year old son is losing his hair
11-19-2014, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 09:39 AM by Mama Bear.)
My 17 year old son is losing his hair
I have watched my 17 year old son's hair slowly recede over the years. I have an appointment with a dermatologist Dec. 3rd to rule out nutritional, hormonal, stress reasons for the loss. My understanding if it is genetic, it is from the mother's father. Unfortunately my father lost his hair early, I think in high school. What are his options ?

BTW- Why does it say..."Nicolas Cage wanta be under my user name??" How do I change that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2014, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 09:49 AM by Unshorn.)
RE: My 17 year old son is losing his hair
(11-19-2014 09:37 AM)Mama Bear Wrote:  I have watched my 17 year old son's hair slowly recede over the years. I have an appointment with a dermatologist Dec. 3rd to rule out nutritional, hormonal, stress reasons for the loss. My understanding if it is genetic, it is from the mother's father. Unfortunately my father lost his hair early, I think in high school. What are his options ?

BTW- Why does it say..."Nicolas Cage wanta be under my user name??" How do I change that?

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear your son is experiencing hair loss at such a young age. I'm sure it's traumatic for him as appearances are regarded so highly amongst youngsters. I'm sorry that I don't have any recommendations for you, but I'm sure someone more knowledgable in this area will post up soon.

As far as the tag line under your forum name, it's a generic line that's put in for all who join. It will change automatically as your post count rises. Perhaps further down the line we'll have the option to customize it as I've seen in other forums.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------