Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mohawk hairstyle and haircut guide - How to and Pictures
01-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Mohawk hairstyle and haircut guide - How to and Pictures
The Mohawk hairstyle is a men's hair style based upon a haircut that leaves a crest running through the middle of the head while the rest of the hair on the scalp is shaved. The Mohawk hairstyle is believed to have been used by certain Native American tribed, only that instead of shaving the hair, they plucked it out!

The Mohawk hairstyle can also be known as a Mohican or an Iro hairstyle in reference to the aforementioned Indian tribes. The Mohawk is an extreme style so not many men wear it and it is young men who typically wear this hair style, usually dyeing the crest in different colors and letting the crest grow long. The Mohawk should not be confused with the Faux Hawk nor with the Liberty Spikes style.

Let's dedicate this thread to the Mohawk by posting pictures and information and advice on this particular men's hairstyle Smile

Pictures of the Mohawk hairstyle

[Image: 220px-Short_Mohawk.jpg]

[Image: 800px-Wave_Gotik_Treffen_2007.jpg]

[Image: Punk-27947.jpg]

[Image: hd1qBSL.jpg]

[Image: 597px-Paratrooper_applies_war_paint_111-...ropped.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 04:38 PM
RE: Mohawk hairstyle and haircut guide - How to and Pictures
The sides are kept completely shaved in the most extreme cases. In others, a hair clipper and a low guard length is used to buzz the rest of the scalp other than the crest.

[Image: Marek-Hamsik-Napoli-Man-Utd.png]

[Image: 9282_186x236.jpg]

[Image: article-2184746-146B5C1E000005DC-748_634x580.jpg]

[Image: bobak-twitter.jpg]

[Image: rpQKgsi.jpg]

[Image: kevin-prince_boateng_5.jpg]

Even David Beckham had a Mohawk style look!

[Image: 22_mohawk-haircut-2013-.jpg]

How to do a Mohawk

To get a Mohawk you need first to get the right haircut. Get a high quality hair clipper (this one is great) and clip all of your hair with no guard attached or with a low guard such as a #1 or a #2. The only hair you will leave is a line of hair running from the middle of your forehead across the middle of your head until the hairline of the neck. The Mohawk crest can be anywhere from 0.5 inches to 2 inches wide.

Once you have clipped your hair with the hair clipper and left the crest set, you can then shave the hair that isn't the crest with a good safety razor for an even wilder look! (it's up to you to shave or not, the hair clipper cut can be enough too)

To style the crest, use hair gel or hair wax and with your fingers define the crest as you like it: spiky, full, in a triangle shape etc, just play with the different shapes. After you have styled the crest with hair or hair wax, then use hair spray to lock the Mohawk so that it stays fixed for the whole day!

Hair products for the Mohawk

Having the right hair products for men is essential and such is the case for a Mohawk. The hair products for a Mohawk hairstyle are products that can be sued for other styles and men's haircuts you have in mind, so buy the products below knowing that not only will they be extremely useful to get an epic Mohawk but also extremely useful for other styles in the future you want to get!
  • Get this high quality hair clipper: it is a cordless hair clipper and one of the best in the market. It comes with a full kit with everything you can think of for the best haircuts you can get. The battery also lasts over one hour buzzing hair non-stop. This hair clipper will save you money long term as you will not have to visit the hairdresser/barber so often now! Oh and it comes with a protective case too for when you're traveling.
  • Get this high quality safety razor: if you want to shave your hair, then this double-edged safety razor will do the job for a close shave. It will also be very useful for your facial hair shaving so you're killing 2 birds with one stone. Get this set of 50 extra blades too.
  • Get this hair wax: it will help you define and shape your crest as you want!
  • Get this hair gel: like the hair wax but the hair gel will give you a harder-hair look.
  • Get this hair spray: great spray to finish off the styling of the crest and this hair spray will lock the crest into position so no hair moves!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-11-2014, 07:13 AM
what a cool guide dude! the mo hawk is one haircut you dont come across very often Cool
01-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Thank you!
This is a very sexy hairstyle, but unfortunately not for me.
I wish I could support such a haircut.
01-19-2014, 09:45 AM
(01-11-2014 07:13 AM)Alex Wrote:  what a cool guide dude! the mo hawk is one haircut you dont come across very often Cool

(01-11-2014 08:22 AM)titanic Wrote:  Thank you!
This is a very sexy hairstyle, but unfortunately not for me.
I wish I could support such a haircut.

Yes, indeed guys. The Mohawk is not a hairstyle for the regular dude who can't afford to risk his job or personal relationships over an extreme haircut Big Grin

If you still enjoy the sharp and high look of the Mo hawk, then go for a Faux Hawk hairstyle instead!

01-21-2014, 02:42 PM
man i would sooo grow a mohawk if it was possible where am working right now especially the one of beckham.
02-27-2014, 06:21 PM
More Mohawks coming through!

The following 2 pictures are of the Mohawk of Scott Caan (US actor):

[Image: Scott-Caan.jpg]

[Image: eWkZDi6.jpg]

And the other following pictures are of the Mohawk haircut of Chris Andersen (aka Birdman, NBA player):

[Image: chris_andersen_2011_02_05.jpg]

[Image: 1ablog-chrisandersenx-large.jpg]

[Image: 1135.png&w=350&h=254]

[Image: chris-andersen-free.jpg]

[Image: Chris+Andersen+vEerankvXvzm.jpg]

[Image: miami_2952705.jpg?20130531092303]

03-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Jared Leto mohawk
Before Jared Leto had long hair, one of the other extreme haircuts he tried was the mohawk Big Grin he wore the mohawk for much of his tour with his band 30 seconds to Mars.
Pictures of Jared Leto's mohawk:

[Image: 20100223_angelaandjordan_560x375.jpg]

[Image: 5ww4z8.jpg]

[Image: 82189561_640.jpg]

[Image: 621876771001.jpg]

[Image: 1282128911554_f.jpg]

[Image: 30sec.jpg]

[Image: closer_to_the_edge_640x480.jpg]

[Image: 30-seconds-to-mars-30stm-closer-to-the-e...-58915.jpg]
05-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Sean Paul mohawk haircut

Even hip hop producer Sean Paul has a Mohawk. Now, it certainly is rare to see this style among those in the hip hop genre but Sean Paul isn't the first from the hip hop crowd to have changed his hairstyling to something rare for the genre. Pictures below of Sean Paul's Mohawk haircut.

[Image: 401px-Sean-Paul_2012-06-16_photo-by-Adam-Bielawski.jpg]

[Image: sean-paul-55th-annual-grammy-awards-03.jpg]

[Image: Sean_Paul.png]

[Image: Sean+Paul+Sean+Paul+Promotes+Puls+4+HD+koEHvdLkwU7l.jpg]

[Image: shanda-paul.jpg]

06-26-2014, 07:51 AM
Here is a cool picture of an American soldier getting a Mohawk haircut during the Second World War! At the time, the Mohawk was a very rare haircut to get, especially for military men, but it is a known fact that military men in the Second World War were given more freedom with regards to their haircuts, so long as the hair didn't block their vision (so the maximum length was about 4 inches or just before the hair starts to block the eyes).

So the Mohawk haircut has its share of history too; it isn't just a haircut for rock stars and those in the punk rock scene!

[Image: 123_001]

06-28-2014, 10:18 AM
I am adding three more mohawk haircuts. You can find more information on the mohawks from our 2014 world cup hairstyles discussion where we have all the hairstyles of the football players that went to Brazil to play the tournament.
One of the players is Arturo Vidal & Vidal wears a mohawk haircut with hair designs added for a complete harstyle - if we can call it that lol

The football players with mohawk haircuts are Arturo Vidal (Chile), Danijel Pranjic (Croatia), Die Serey (Ivory Coast) & Raul Meireles (Portugal).
See them below & at our World cup discussion!

Arturo Vidal

[Image: 1367836933_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg]

[Image: 1373394696_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg]

Danijel Pranjic

[Image: 1403013632_1.jpg]

[Image: 210702.png]

Die Serey

[Image: 250008303.jpg]

[Image: 43D85037EDC0C8B4231DB61AB2BF.jpg]

Raul Meireles
Raul Meireles's mohawk is complement with his beard for a complete Ragnar Lothbrok look!

[Image: Meireles-haircut.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n7le6i87i11shp7mjo1_500.jpg]

[Image: dh_meireles-20140617113709923214-620x349.jpg]
09-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Marcos Rojo hairstyle.
Marcos Rojo haircut

This is the Mohawk haircut of Marcos Rojo. He is a soccer player who has been going back and forth between a Mohawk and a Side Squares.

[Image: tumblr_n7qv6dF3jP1qhbeelo3_500.png]

[Image: 451209514-486746.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n81b3kMXyf1rf0fpjo1_400.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n8o3btqwcA1tf63xto1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nal7a5FQNp1r74oe8o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_narpc1haNA1qg07poo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n7qv6dF3jP1qhbeelo1_500.png]

[Image: tumblr_n890ayHcTU1qhfdt1o1_500.png]

09-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Marek Hamsik hair.
Marek Hamsik

Following from the Mohawk of Marcos Rojo, here is Marek Hamsik's Mohawk. Marek Hamsik is yet another soccer player with a Mohawk. His style is perhaps less aesthetic and more on the sharper and aggressive side, which is after all, the way a Mohawk was supposed to be! Smile

[Image: napoli-hamsik-visore-getty.10210_big.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mmrgrouWHo1sojukjo4_400.jpg]

[Image: f748dzI.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mbkeccHckH1ru24ec.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mv3gbrrsCz1r3k8ffo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: 753c4ee331a21c4e5fb6123b24d800df.jpg]

[Image: Marek+Hamsik+FC+Juventus+v+SSC+Napoli+Se...5aE9Il.jpg]

09-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Mullet mo-hawk.
Interesting Mohawk hairstyle with a braided tail. The individual in the picture with the Mohawk is in fact, a girl. However this hairstyle is a variant of the short crest with long hair at the back, similar to a mullet.

Doubt that any of you will go for that look, but I am posting it nonetheless Smile

[Image: clusc_8_1_00328435a_j.jpg]

Here is an example of what we call a wide Mohawk. The other name for it is a clipped duck's derriere in that the crest remains wide until the back of the head where the shape narrows down into a V shape.

[Image: 5121aecf561336d800514d1a23944216.jpg]

These are two Mohawks with barber designs on the hair, also known as etching. Since the hair on the sides of a Mohawk are clipped very short, this gives a barber plenty of surface to "draw" with the hair clipper.

[Image: 3836e9f986c9df73edd9b39d9461577b.jpg]

[Image: womenscuts.php]

01-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Kevin Pietersen mohawk hairstyle. The guy is a cricketer, south african born.
Kevin Pietersen is known for his silly haircuts. His mohawk below.

[Image: article-0-034F664E0000044D-224_634x428.jpg]
04-04-2015, 06:50 AM
This is Michel Morganella. He is a football player from Switzerland. In the Olympic games of 2012 he posted a racist tweet and he was banned from the team.

Michel Morganella mohawk hairstyle pictures:

[Image: tumblr_m7zvrswuC41r6d7dfo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: be3f81ea3ff88908558985d4b3243181.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m83iucdj8W1r6d7dfo1_500.jpg]

[Image: 3a5c5f1c19c9cf483cccedc54d22dfe7.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m80ud4Sa6Z1ru24ec.jpg]
07-31-2016, 11:40 PM
any tips for me? My wide mohawk is quite long about 4-5 inches long. I want to achieve a natural look. My products I use now is Gatsby moving rubber spike edge w/ Got 2b blasting freeze hairspray. Im asian with thin hair and through out the day withing couple of hrs my hair tend to fall apart. To give you an idea of how my hair looks it pretty much resembles the asian kid in the tournament with thick mohawk in Karate Kid Staring Jaden Smith. Or how Willow Smith had her mohawk but my hair is straight and thin. Any tips on how I can maintain my hair with a natural look.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut Hairstyle: How to, Haircut, Pictures, Products - OFFICIAL thread Barber 200 626,628 10-07-2016 08:51 PM
Last Post: shenefbs
  Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut advice Alex 36 252,872 08-07-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: AlexVI
  2 Step Undercut Hairstyle: Official Haircut Guide with Pictures and How-To Advice Jurgen 6 112,383 07-21-2016 08:44 PM
Last Post: Dwight
  Middle Part Curtains Hairstyle Guide: How To Style, Pictures, Products and more TheMensHairForum 13 69,413 06-15-2016 03:04 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum