Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Military haircuts: Pictures, How to, Discussion, Products
05-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Military haircuts: Pictures, How to, Discussion, Products
Military haircuts have always been fashionable as they're clean and aesthetic no matter what. Here we post military haircuts pictures and how to get these tight cuts.

Based on the popularity of the black mens haircuts thread, this thread should get some good posts as there's some blurring between both haircuts types.

Most common military haircuts

Induction cut
Burr
Butch
Undercut
Crew cut
Fade
Flat top
High and tight
High and tight Recon
Regulation Cut
Ivy League (not necessarily military background but used by many military men)

Hair products for military haircuts

All military haircuts range from near shaved to short. The skill is in using the hair clipper and buying a good one. For haircuts where a little bit of hair is left, hair pomade and a high quality comb is all you need.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 06:42 PM
RE: Military haircuts: Pictures, How to, Discussion, Products
Fade haircut

[Image: 4865761211_e44af8e677_z.jpg]

High and Tight haircut

[Image: 4426015871_0b73c74180_z.jpg?zz=1]

Crew Cut haircut

[Image: 54712913_15b7543e0d.jpg]

High and Tight Recon haircut

See attached picture

Flat Top Haircut

See attached picture

Regulation cut
See attached picture. Barber has a Regulation Cut while giving the soldier a Crew Cut.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-31-2013, 06:55 PM
Hair products for military haircuts

Hair clippers make the military haircut. If you want to give yourself your own army like buzzes and cuts, you need to own a pretty darn good hair clipper. SO far in this forum, these are the hair clippers that we have found of good use for long term haircuts.

Hair clippers with electric cord

Oster Classic 76 Professional Hair Clipper.

Oster Professional 76023-510 Fast Feed Clipper

Wahl 79524 24-Piece Deluxe Hair Clipper Kit

Cordless hair clippers

Andis Super BGR+ Cordless Rechargeable Clipper: this one is the best cordless hair clipper you can buy and comes with everything you need for years of cutting your own hair like a boss. It is pricey though, but worth the investment.

Wahl 79600-2101 Lithium Ion Cordless Clipper

Panasonic ER224S All-in-One Cordless Hair and Beard Trimmer

Read more about hair clippers.

If you're going to leave some hair on the top, you need a good control wax. The control wax allows you to style the hair even when very short and shape it as you desire. It is important however to go with a good wax that doesn't grease the hair or give it too much shine. For a good control wax go with any of these two:
  • This one from TIGI: gives a more natural matte look while still being able to shape the hair. Has a good hold, great for casual styles, including military ones.
  • This one from Gatsby: has a harder hold than the TIGI wax above and is better if you want to shape up your hair more than just a casual style.

If you prefer a more sleek look, then you will need some type of regulation pomade. This means you need pomade that will hold up and give a good look without the texture morphing ability of hair wax. Pomades to get for your military haircuts include:
  • This one from Suavecito: excellent water pomade with a wet matte finish. Has a good hold for a pomade. Easier to wash than conventional pomades so get this pomade if you prefer pomades that are easier to wash but still have a good hold. Excellent pomade for the Undercut, Regulation cut or Ivy League haircut for a more natural casual look.
  • This one from Layrite: another water based pomade that has a bit more stronger hold than the Suavecito one. Mid to matte finish, great for a classic look such as a slicked back undercut.
  • This one from Black and White: this is an old-school oil based pomade. A true greaser pomade that is awesome for styling pompadours with your Undercuts or Ivy League cuts. Also good for slicking the hair back.
Read more about hair pomade.

Combs

A simple effective comb to put your hair into a style quickly. Combs also help for buzzing your hair and creating fades.

Get this quality comb or get this other comb. They will do the job to the point.

05-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Great pictures of military haircuts, keep them coming!!
Attached 2 pictures of two young men going through an induction haircut. One of them has medium-length wavy hair whereas the other one has medium length curly hair. It shows how a powerful and good hair clipper can cut through any thick hair!

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
05-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Classic hairstyle with a Regulation Haircut

05-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Barber, Im amazed at what a good hair clipper can buzz through seeing from those pictures of induction haircuts, I still remember my first hair clipper years ago that would not make its way through my one quarter inch hair lol it would get stuck and many times the battery would die on the spot.
06-02-2013, 07:54 PM
More military haircuts please!! The regulation haircut looks great and classy.
06-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Fade haircut on straight blonde hair

see attached picture

I like the fact that the guy in the picture has styled his hair with an asymmetric brush up hairstyle.

06-04-2013, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 05:38 PM by Barber.)
Working through a nice and tidy fade haircut with plenty of hair on the top and big white walls.

[Image: tumblr_mjuw87sOen1s8junlo1_1280.jpg]

06-05-2013, 05:05 PM
High and tight Recon haircut
I posted this haircut in the black men haircuts thread but the Recon is a proper Marines haircut so I'm putting it here too. Smile The High and Tight Recon sits higher on the scalp than the regular High and Tight and is also thinner and has a shorter length for the landing strip. The sides and back can also be done with no guard at all.

[Image: Jerome+Boateng+AC+Milan+v+FC+Internazion...YW0ixl.jpg]

06-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Great pictures going on gentlemen. Here are 2 pictures of a Flat Top haircut and hairstyle; notice the clipped sides with no tapering at the edge resembling an Undercut on the attached picture while there is some smoothing of the edges on the picture below. The Flat Top is a convertible hairstyle that can be styled into a Shaggy if need be due to the layered haircut on the top.

The Flat Top is a rare hairstyle indeed.

Flat Top hairstyle

[Image: Abate_2676032.jpg]

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
06-12-2013, 04:03 PM
This cute kid is already learning the good military ways and sporting a tight regulation haircut.

06-12-2013, 04:07 PM
oh LOL that kid is rocking that haircut like a boss. I can only wish we got more kids in our shop requesting a regulation haircut haha

06-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Regulation haircut like a dandy

[Image: 917565abe23fa9db248e8b7649201338.jpg]

06-17-2013, 05:35 PM
High and tight recon

This is Chaz Ortiz sporting a High and Tight Recon version hairstyle.

[Image: chaz-ortiz-skate-spot.jpg]

And this is Chaz Ortiz with a Burr Cut (i.e. a one all around! Big Grin)

[Image: 2279153.png?679]

06-22-2013, 04:05 PM
The following are pictures of

Induction cut
Buzzed no guard

High and Tight
Tight crop on sides and back minimal length on top

Flat Top
Tight haircut on the sides and back then layered to get the top up and flat

06-22-2013, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2013 04:18 PM by Barber.)
High and Tight Recon

Nice photo showing the perimeter of a High and Tight Recon - it sits higher on the scalp than a regular High and Tight. The Recon can be made narrower and shorter than one from the photo.

06-26-2013, 03:07 PM
More military haircuts!

High and Tight Recon

Fresh and tight!

Horseshoe Flat Top haircut

How the horseshoe shape looks from above

Flat Top haircut

The Flat Top haircut is just THE military haircut. Great aesthetics for a cut.

06-29-2013, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2013 11:54 AM by Jurgen.)
Following TheMensHairForum with three more military haircuts Cool

Regulation cut
Clipped to the skin and combed to the side

High and tight recon
The haircut always up on the crown!

Flat Top
When done right, the Flat Top looks super! just like in the picture but you need a skilled barber Smile

07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Brush Cut

Great example of a Brush Cut haircut, similar in concept to the Flat Top haircut.

High and Tight

One of the men in the picture has a High and Tight and the other a High and Tight Recon.

Military haircuts

One man with a High and Tight (one sitting down) and the other with a High Fade haircut and whitewalls.

Click all thumbnails to get the big size picture.

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut Hairstyle: How to, Haircut, Pictures, Products - OFFICIAL thread Barber 200 625,058 10-07-2016 08:51 PM
Last Post: shenefbs
  Mohawk hairstyle and haircut guide - How to and Pictures TheMensHairForum 16 24,174 07-31-2016 11:40 PM
Last Post: Kiddfresh
  2 Step Undercut Hairstyle: Official Haircut Guide with Pictures and How-To Advice Jurgen 6 111,968 07-21-2016 08:44 PM
Last Post: Dwight
  Middle Part Curtains Hairstyle Guide: How To Style, Pictures, Products and more TheMensHairForum 13 68,917 06-15-2016 03:04 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum