Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messy quiff hairstyle, how to achieve this hair look?
10-27-2014, 06:39 AM
Messy quiff hairstyle, how to achieve this hair look?
Seems to be short back/sides, with a machine or with scissors? I currently have my sides done with a machine and have 1 on the sides and 2 on the back. I have my stylist leave the top so it's still thick and long, around 3-3.5 inches throughout the top part of my hair.

The bit I am struggling with is the front quiff part, I can do a side parting style where the fringe and all the hair sweeps over to one side but I can't seem to perfect the hair just going straight up.

I currently just towel dry my hair until slightly damp, comb it to the desired side and then run some tigi bed head Matt separation wax through to style it, pushing my hair across to achieve my current look.

How would I go about getting the hair that goes straight up, hair dryer or some mousse or hair spray? Any tips or video instructions on how to achieve this would be appreciated, not sure if this style has a common name or not.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: Pictures have been inserted as per OP's request.

[Image: WOJUDQ0.jpg]

[Image: wycrXRY.png]

[Image: az0RRTi.jpg]

[Image: HhKuZtM.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2015, 03:14 AM
RE: How to achieve this look?
Bringing this back, any ideas guys?
04-28-2015, 06:33 AM
RE: Messy quiff hairstyle, how to achieve this hair look?
Try getting your hair damp first, then blow drying it to the side your hair naturally grows to. (if it grows straight down, then just blow dry it to the side of choice) You can also apply a pre-styling product like styling mousse or styling cream into your hair before blow drying. That might help you out a little by making your hair more controllable and manageable.

Then blow dry it up from the other side and a bit from the front. Now, I recommend you to use clay to finish it. I personally use Claymation by Hanz De Fuko. It's got great hold and a nice matte finish, perfect for messy hairstyles. Just apply the product into your hair and shape it the way you want. Make sure you apply it well to the roots aswell so it will actually hold your hair up better. The blow drying should have already helped you quite a bit in achieving the shape, so basically it's just all polishing when finishing it off.

Hairspray.... well, it's your choice whether you want to use it or not.

Hope it helped you Smile
04-28-2015, 06:35 AM
RE: Messy quiff hairstyle, how to achieve this hair look?
Oh, forgot to mention one thing. If your hair is as short as in most of those pictures, blow drying it straight up from the front and then applying clay and pulling everything up from the front and shaping it to perfection will do the thing. In my previous reply I just told you what I do to achieve a messy quiff-kind of a hairstyle, and my hair reaches out to my upper lip, lol. Cheers! Tongue
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 61 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 282 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 308 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777
  Long hair side shaved grow to man bun hairstyle or top knot? darkguy2 3 308 10-17-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz