Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mens watches?
01-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Mens watches?
Ok so thought this would be appropriate to post on here , Basically ive never really seen the need for a watch and have never owned one , However recently ive noticed myself getting my phone out to check the time either when im in school or out with friends or w/e , So basically i was looking to pick up a stylish watch that i can take out , But can also be used for just general use in school etc for a decent price ( Was hoping for around 50 Pound but not sure if that's enough now?)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: Mens watches?
Hey Jonny, if by 50 pounds you're talking of British pounds then that can get you a good watch from Amazon UK. I have a collection of watches ranging from classic to sport and such a good number of them that my lady always tells me that I spend way too much on them Big Grin even though I'm not a hardcore fan.

For starters, it depends on what style you want (sport, classic) and if you want it digital or analog. You can get some good digital watches for 50 pounds and especially if you add a little bit more, and I usually get my from Amazon too if the amount is not too high. Personally, I recommend you to buy the watch from Amazon UK and I have put my suggestions of watches that you can buy from Amazon UK (click the link to see each suggestion). I have also put them in the sport/classic/digital/analog categories.

Sports digital watch

- Get this Casio G Shock, fits your budget and is a good one if you're active.

Sports analog watch

- Ge this Casio Quartz analog watch. It is sporty but classy too and you really can't get any better for the price it has!

Also, if you are willing to go a little bit up from your budget, then I recommend you this Casio G Shock analog hybrid. One of my favorites from the Casio line. And if you prefer a fabric wristband instead of the rubber wristband, then get this same version but with the fabric wristband.

Classic digital watch

- Get this Casio classic digital. It's imitating the 80s style interface but with a nice stylish look. For that price, you really cannot get any better.

Classic analog watch

- Get this Timex classic analog. It's simple, classic and the wriststrap is made of leather. Timex is a good brand too just in case you haven't heard from them.
- If you like a more metalic style and you are willing to go a little over your budget, then get this Casio Edifice analog. And even if you want to add a little bit more to the budget, consider this other Casio Chronograph analog. Both of these 2 watches are almost half price now so really consider upping your budget a little.

The prices in the States for low price watches are about the same as the prices in the UK. Usually you'd want to buy from the USA for high price watches. As an example, the last Casio Chronograph analog wtach I linked above can be found in Amazon US just a little cheaper in the US (considering currency exchange). If you're interested in buying that particular Casio Edifice analog from the USA then you can see the watch in this link at Amazon USA (the watch is an excellent investment and very pretty especially for that price!). This same Amazon US vendor ships to UK too and you could take advantage and buy other goodies from Amazon US while you're at it (hair products are much cheaper in Amazon USA than Amazon UK and you can benefit from discounts if you buy several products including your watch).

The above watches are sturdy and good quality. Obviously they are not Tag Heuer but that's not what you are looking for anyway, and you will have enough time in your lifetime to buy yourself a Tag Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-06-2014, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 11:13 AM by Alex.)
(01-06-2014 10:01 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  If you're interested in buying that particular Casio Edifice analog from the USA then you can see the watch in this link at Amazon USA (the watch is an excellent investment and very pretty especially for that price!). This same Amazon US vendor ships to UK too and you could take advantage and buy other goodies from Amazon US while you're at it (hair products are much cheaper in Amazon USA than Amazon UK and you can benefit from discounts if you buy several products including your watch).

Damn it bro i wasnt having any intentions to buy a watch and you just convinced me to get that one form the USA store lol
I do the same as Jonny and use my iphone to look at the time since i spend some good cash for the phone and thought the stylish designs for watches were too expensive...its a Casio so the pricing makes sense as they make digital watches mostly so for an analogue watch from Casio that one looks really good.
01-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Thank you for the very detailed reply! , Thinking of this one as i prefer the style of that and would prefer that over leather , Would this be ok for school and to go out with you think?

Cant post link but

Edifice Men's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet

That one ^
01-06-2014, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 03:45 PM by Bradley.)
(01-06-2014 12:11 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Thank you for the very detailed reply! , Thinking of this one as i prefer the style of that and would prefer that over leather , Would this be ok for school and to go out with you think?

Cant post link but

Edifice Men's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet

That one ^

Wait for TMHF to reply mate but i think that one you are interested in looks reaaaally nice and for 63 quid its a steal. Amazon uk is pretty limited when it comes to hair products but for mens watches it seems to have a good range, good find!!

sorry editing to say that for school/go out that watch looks superb imo
01-06-2014, 04:36 PM
(01-06-2014 12:11 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Thank you for the very detailed reply! , Thinking of this one as i prefer the style of that and would prefer that over leather , Would this be ok for school and to go out with you think?

Cant post link but

That one ^

Jonny, yes that's correct: you are referring to this Casio Edifice analog watch.

Some guys prefer a leather strap while others prefer a steel one. However, the stainless steel strap band on that watch above that you like makes it look classy and elegant. I would go for that watch if you like it out of all the ones I suggested as it will go very well either at school or when you go out. For that price, it is not easy to find such designs for watches and that watch would be a great introduction watch for you which will last a good couple of years before you consider upgrading to a higher priced one.

Go for that one, it's a great choice and you will always remember your first "man's" watch Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Hey sorry to start this thread back up , But ive had to pay for Driving lessons + Paying for my test soon so its not looking like i can pay for the watch this month , On the website "Very" there is a option to pay over 3 months and get the item straight away , So i was wondering if you could suggest a few from there rather than Amazon if thats possible , Not sure if there are any decent ones on there but there is a sale on right now + it would mean i can get it straight away without having to pay the full amount now.
01-09-2014, 03:54 PM
(01-09-2014 03:01 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Hey sorry to start this thread back up , But ive had to pay for Driving lessons + Paying for my test soon so its not looking like i can pay for the watch this month , On the website "Very" there is a option to pay over 3 months and get the item straight away , So i was wondering if you could suggest a few from there rather than Amazon if thats possible , Not sure if there are any decent ones on there but there is a sale on right now + it would mean i can get it straight away without having to pay the full amount now.

Be careful of sites where they tell you that you can pay in installments. We staff team in this community trust Amazon as they actually care about their customers so anything we recommend from Amazon is based not only on our experience with them but also on the fact that they are the biggest and most trusted online retailer in the world.

My experience with buying watches is either with Amazon or by going directly to a physical jewellery store, which I actually recommend you as a second option. Sure, it may be a bit more expensive to actually go to a physical store but you will get to see and touch the watch you want to buy and will talk face to face with a shop representative. Many jewellery shops provide payment plans so that you can buy the product in instalments and I have been offered such plans when I have bought watches over $1,000. I am not sure if they will offer a payment plan but it is worth the try.

For items that are not cheap as watches are or for items that are specialized (like men's hair products are), Amazon is unbeatable when it comes to online purchasing. Other online stores for watches and that also offer payment plans... I really don't know and I would advice you to be careful and to instead visit a jewellery shop in your town/city and either see if they offer a payment plan or simply buy it right there and then.

Don't rush your first watch, buddy. If you cannot pay it in one go now, then it is better you wait for the right time. The watches I suggested above won't be going anywhere as they're classics although they are highly discounted as it is unsold stock from Christmas so prices drop big time with those Amazon vendors. But still, don't rush the decision.

If you still want to go with the option you mentioned, then make sure that you read all of the small print because that's where they will be hiding the most important stuff (interest %, Terms, clauses etc). Also, some unscrupulous retailers will include insurance for a watch without telling you first and they will keep charging your card monthly, so make sure you know what you're getting into.

01-10-2014, 12:17 AM
(01-09-2014 03:54 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:01 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Hey sorry to start this thread back up , But ive had to pay for Driving lessons + Paying for my test soon so its not looking like i can pay for the watch this month , On the website "Very" there is a option to pay over 3 months and get the item straight away , So i was wondering if you could suggest a few from there rather than Amazon if thats possible , Not sure if there are any decent ones on there but there is a sale on right now + it would mean i can get it straight away without having to pay the full amount now.

Be careful of sites where they tell you that you can pay in instalments. We staff team in this community trust Amazon as they actually care about their customers so anything we recommend from Amazon is based not only on our experience with them but also on the fact that they are the biggest and most trusted online retailer in the world.

My experience with buying watches is either with Amazon or by going directly to a physical jewellery store, which I actually recommend you as a second option. Sure, it may be a bit more expensive to actually go to a physical store but you will get to see and touch the watch you want to buy and will talk face to face with a shop representative. Many jewellery shops provide payment plans so that you can buy the product in instalments and I have been offered such plans when I have bought watches over $1,000. I am not sure if they will offer a payment plan but it is worth the try.

For items that are not cheap as watches are or for items that are specialized (like men's hair products are), Amazon is unbeatable when it comes to online purchasing. Other online stores for watches and that also offer payment plans... I really don't know and I would advice you to be careful and to instead visit a jewellery shop in your town/city and either see if they offer a payment plan or simply buy it right there and then.

Don't rush your first watch, buddy. If you cannot pay it in one go now, then it is better you wait for the right time. The watches I suggested above won't be going anywhere as they're classics although they are highly discounted as it is unsold stock from Christmas so prices drop big time with those Amazon vendors. But still, don't rush the decision.

If you still want to go with the option you mentioned, then make sure that you read all of the small print because that's where they will be hiding the most important stuff (interest %, Terms, clauses etc). Also, some unscrupulous retailers will include insurance for a watch without telling you first and they will keep charging your card monthly, so make sure you know what you're getting into.

Ok thanks , Ive had things from the website before with monthly payments and they have been fine , But ive never got a watch from there so ill just wait .
01-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Ok still not bought a watch just because i still haven't been sure on what one to get for the price and looks , Though im going to London next week so im going to have a look (around 50 -100 pound) to spend , Though im not sure if i can pick up any that cheap in london , As the websites i have looked at from London state prices of 100 + for there cheapest options.
02-13-2014, 03:00 AM
I have bought D'sogner watch recently. Use of phone for watching time is difficult.
02-15-2014, 01:41 PM
Using a phone isn't too difficult to check the time , But its just less convent and much easier when your out to check your watch (As I have now got my watch) , Ending up spending £100 on an Casio Edifice Men's Watch with Analogue Display and Bracelet EF-547D-7A1VEF and by going back on the link I used to buy it to find the name to post on here , I realised it has gone down to £80 , It was £75 , Then went to £100 (When I wanted to buy it) and now its £80 -.-.

Its worth the price I payed for it anyway in my opinion , Nice to wear a watch and be able to use that instead of my phone , Especially when im out and my phone runs out of battery a watch is very convent and well worth the purchase.
02-20-2014, 02:57 PM
(02-15-2014 01:41 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Using a phone isn't too difficult to check the time , But its just less convent and much easier when your out to check your watch (As I have now got my watch) , Ending up spending £100 on an Casio Edifice Men's Watch with Analogue Display and Bracelet EF-547D-7A1VEF and by going back on the link I used to buy it to find the name to post on here , I realised it has gone down to £80 , It was £75 , Then went to £100 (When I wanted to buy it) and now its £80 -.-.

Its worth the price I payed for it anyway in my opinion , Nice to wear a watch and be able to use that instead of my phone , Especially when im out and my phone runs out of battery a watch is very convent and well worth the purchase.

I think the edifice watch looked really really good for being a Casio. I buy everything online these days and mostly thanks to the guys here as they showed me that theres a huge world of online shopping out there especially for hair products and if you know the right places like these guys do Big Grin
i love amazon dude seriously its addiction !! but considering that everything there in amazon is like half the price of what i see at the mall or a regular store then... bleh no harm done Smile
02-24-2014, 02:11 AM
(02-20-2014 02:57 PM)Machado Wrote:  
(02-15-2014 01:41 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Using a phone isn't too difficult to check the time , But its just less convent and much easier when your out to check your watch (As I have now got my watch) , Ending up spending £100 on an Casio Edifice Men's Watch with Analogue Display and Bracelet EF-547D-7A1VEF and by going back on the link I used to buy it to find the name to post on here , I realised it has gone down to £80 , It was £75 , Then went to £100 (When I wanted to buy it) and now its £80 -.-.

I think the edifice watch looked really really good for being a Casio. I buy everything online these days and mostly thanks to the guys here as they showed me that theres a huge world of online shopping out there especially for hair products and if you know the right places like these guys do Big Grin
i love amazon dude seriously its addiction !! but considering that everything there in amazon is like half the price of what i see at the mall or a regular store then... bleh no harm done Smile

Yeah I like it too , And yeah I buy the majority of my things online , Anything I want I look for online as its just easier than looking through shops Smile
01-14-2015, 10:46 PM
Bulova is very nice too.
08-18-2016, 07:02 AM
Since my loved Tchibo watch broke (after accident involving freefall from some height), and I’m not sure, whether it could be repaired again, I’m looking around for a new device. That Tchibo watch was for about $ 100, but later price dropped to about $50…
And I’m facing a problem – watches seem to tending to be huge, ugly and/or expensive
Timex do have some watches I like so (except those HUGE numbers, IMHO there shouldn’t be any) or so (numbers again..)
Other manufacturer’s interesting stuff:
Skagen (lovely, only band IMHO shoul be plain..) or Stuhrling It is all about inexpensive watches.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------