Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mens hairstyles 2015 trends and ideas
12-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Star Mens hairstyles 2015 trends and ideas
What do you think will be or are the trends for the 2015 mens hairstyles? There has been lots of styles and haircuts posted in the forum and lots of talk on hair styles like long hair. The undercut hairstyle looks to be going strong from all the threads there are and the hipster haircut with beard is also something that has been trendy as mens hairstyles in 2014.

I myself got some pretty good hairstyle ideas from the forum & people watching. Seems like we have more options than ever so why not forecast or suggest some 2015 hairstyle trends? You guys nailed it on the 2014 hairstyle trends topic so I speak on behalf of others when I say we are looking forward to what some of your barbers and hairdressers have to say! Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: Mens hairstyles 2015 trends and ideas
Long hair is trendy and your right that we have seen lots of different styles for long hair. Men having long neck length hair but wanting to avoid the strands from coming onto their foreheads use headbands and Alice bands. These are generally made of wire, cloth or plastic. The wire or plastic ones are usually thin and black in color so that they are not seen clearly. The cloth one's may be black or even in bold colors displayed very prominently. Nowadays this style seems to be going strong and one face that comes to mind very clearly is the soccer player Gareth Bale with his Alice band and hair slicked back.

Men with longer hair can also tie it in a ponytail, ponybun or bun. The man bun is the ultimate fashion statement and hasn't gone out of style even though it has been trending for close to 2 years now. You really only need an elastic tie up a ponytail or man bun nice and tight. These elastic are generally black in color and made of cloth or cotton. Men can even go with a colored elastic to match their attire or their hair color. No one is a better example than David Beckham when he had his ponytail in full glory like a decade ago. He was the pioneer of the pony bun but it really didn't pick up until 2 years ago.

Braids and cornrows have always been coming back strong. We see NBA players, rappers and other artists with their hair braided up. The accessory to hold these braids in shape is the braid clip or the snip snap clip. These generally are in bright colors and seem like beads embedded into the hair. LeBron James, LL Cool J are few of the many males sporting this look.

Curly hair is also on the go. It was about time and men are growing out their curls and much of that has to do with the Curly Hair book popularity like we have seen in this forum.

For those with short to medium length hair, gels and pomades which give that slick look are in vogue. These gels and pomades are available in different hardness levels too depending on the hold or style required. The latest trend in these accessories is the gels coming with different hues and colors. These could be used as a temporary dye to streak the hair, whilst keeping it in place and styled. For pomade, the slicked back look is one that is going strong for 2015 especially among hipsters.

I think with mens hairstyles there will always be trends and patterns, so it isn't something that has just been happening over the last years or that hairstyling for men itself is something that is bound to lose its popularity. Ever since the days of yore, men have always had a fancy, albeit a silent one for grooming and styling their hair. Though females have always given more importance to their hair men have never been far behind. Right since the days of Samson with his long flowing locks till date men have always experimented with various styles and cuts. And to keep these hairstyles in place there has never been a dearth of accessories. These days we can all choose from so many different hairstyling options it's unreal!
12-17-2014, 08:54 AM
What would you advice about the undercut hairstyle in 2015? more length or continued with the slicked back hair?
12-18-2014, 02:09 PM
In Spain now the mens hairstyles are the hipster hairstyles! It is crazy because now every guy in Madrid is with the undercut and the beard. The age is between 18 and 30 more or less. They are like robots and they all look the same Big Grin

Also the hipster tattoos are popular in Spain. Because having drawings in your arms makes you a cool hipster Rolleyes In London it is worse! It's like hipster invasion there Big Grin
12-19-2014, 09:39 AM
(12-18-2014 02:09 PM)JaimeSpain Wrote:  In Spain now the mens hairstyles are the hipster hairstyles! It is crazy because now every guy in Madrid is with the undercut and the beard. The age is between 18 and 30 more or less. They are like robots and they all look the same Big Grin

Also the hipster tattoos are popular in Spain. Because having drawings in your arms makes you a cool hipster Rolleyes In London it is worse! It's like hipster invasion there Big Grin

yeah London is full of hipsters. Shoreditch and around is their territory.

Its time for the pompadour to become a trendy hairstyle. Or maybe not if it's gonna be beat up to a pulp like it has happened in 2014 with the undercut.
12-24-2014, 08:36 PM
I believe in 2015 people will just find more crazy creative ways to style an undercut
12-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Wonder how long it will be before the bushy 80s thing comes back in full force.
02-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Long hair and up styles!
02-16-2015, 08:41 AM
Well it looks like the mens hairstyle predictions are spot on so far into 2015. I am seeing long hair more and more and I work at a barbershop. Not just urban geezers like hipsters but just young men from all walks of life. It seems like long hair has become more acceptable with the manbun hairstyle everywhere and all.

Facial hair and hairstyles are rocking in from 2013. The beard + hairstyles thread in the forum is an epic collection of these hairstyles and how popular they have become. Styles like the brush up, 2 step undercut, mid contour haircut, s-wave and volume hairstyles.

The range of undercut hairstyles is getting more creative. It used to be all about the slicked back undercut, but now the undercut is just one tool of other styling techniques for modern hair. There's even the man bun undercut and the topknot undercut, and i don't really remember the combo of 'long on the top' and 'short on the sides' during the 2000s. I do know it was a popular hairstyle in the early 90s here in the UK.

It looks like mens hairstyle trends are pumped out ever so more thru the high end male fashion venues. We have regular barbershop clients who used to be all about the buzz cut and nothing more. They're now all asking for hipster hairstyles! then again i'm talking locally here. Mainly UK and some of Europe. It does look like regular guys are starting to pay more attention to mens hairstyle trends. I don't remember this anytime before 2011.

One segment of the population that i don't see adopting the hipster hairstyles are young black guys. At least in the UK. Maybe some of our US barbers or black guys in the forum can comment on this. What i do see more are afro hairstyles. I'm talking huge afro hairstyles that take years to grow so this is possible a trend that was starting way before all the mens hair trends that went thru in 2014 and 2013.

To summarise, i'm seeing more hairstyle variety these days than in 2012. Even than in 2013 which is where i think the push towards modern edgy men hairstyles started.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best tall men hairstyles and haircuts for great aesthetics A Tall Guy 1 241 10-20-2016 11:17 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Straight thin hairstyle ideas Pickle 1 579 07-20-2016 06:12 AM
Last Post: hair-style
  Weatherproof hairstyles Dansercoer 1 640 01-23-2016 04:00 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Best hairstyles for boys? Frederick 4 2,216 11-09-2015 06:12 AM
Last Post: Random