Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men's Hairstyles and Haircuts at Milan Fashion Week 2014
01-29-2014, 01:08 PM
Men's Hairstyles and Haircuts at Milan Fashion Week 2014
In this month's Men's Fashion Week 2014 in Milan, we got to see some interesting men's hairstyles. The styles chosen are side swepts, side fringes and messy hairstyles while the haircut are regular taper haircuts so no Undercuts, for example.

While the men's hair styles displayed by models in top fashion shows is not representative of what goes on and is appropriate for regular Joes, it is always interesting to see how the big fashion houses decide to provide the styling to the locks of their male models.

Milan Fashion Week Men's Hairstyles

Great side swepts here. flat and thoroughly combed with a pomade such as this pomade which is easy to wash off.

[Image: 1389802452301_ck-90s.jpg]

[Image: Vivienne-Westwood-FallWinter-2014-Collec...eCom-7.jpg]

[Image: 8326-thumb-624x936.jpg]

[Image: able%2B2.JPG]

[Image: 9381905.jpg?size=620x400s]

[Image: 000_dv1606651.334ef162748.original.jpg]

Side fringes with a natural look also got some good attention as male models with straight hair to wavy hair displayed their medium length locks in a side comb with fringe.

[Image: 1389802452316_gucci-bags-fashion-week.jpg]

[Image: 1389802452321_techy-fabrics.jpg]

[Image: andrea-pompilio-mens-autumn-fall-winter-2014-mfw6.jpg]

Messy hairstyles with short to medium length were popular hairstyling choices for the models. When it came to the messy styling, the look was more of a natural look instead of the carefully shaped "out of bed" tousled look that was trendy in 2013 and will continue to be trendy for 2014. For natural messy styles, a matte pomade such as this pomade goes very well and makes your hair look natural and almost product free (while retaining the tousled hair shape).

[Image: 1389802452318_natural-hair-grooming.jpg]

[Image: 1389802452320_shearling-milan-menswear.jpg]

[Image: BOTTEGA-VENETA_02.jpg]

[Image: men_s_fw1415_lo.006e6092051.original.jpg]

[Image: armani-men-milan.jpg?w=512&h=288&crop=1]

[Image: emporio-armani.jpg?w=512&h=288&crop=1]

[Image: 000_dv1606514.4addb161928.original.jpg]

What we would have liked to see

Our team agrees that there was a lack of Undercuts, curly hair and long hair, which are part of this year's men's hairstyles. The regular taper is too predictable for the average male and fade haircuts or 2-step undercuts like the undercut of Jake Gyllenhaal in Prisoners are the way forward in 2014 (from 2013!).

We do however understand that the 2013 Milan Fashion Week was presenting the fall menswear lines so a more classic and formal fashion style is to be expected and, as such, the hairstyling. The side swepts looked very Gatsby style too and such is a great men's style for formal professional hair.

What are you opinions on the pictures and styling options above? How do you see them compared to what you see in your day to day?

[Image: 0e56e_Milan-Fashion-Week-Picture-Logo-Fustany.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2014, 01:14 PM
RE: Men's Hairstyles and Haircuts at Milan Fashion Week 2014
BTW we did catch a couple of long haired dudes but they were certainly a small percentage of all the male models. Jared Leto's man bun at the Golden Globe Awards has already hinted at the potential of 2014 to be the year of men with long locks so hopefully we get to see more for the next season or in a year's time.

[Image: missoni-fall-winter-2014-show-photos-0001.jpg]

[Image: 9378170.jpg?size=640x420]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-29-2014, 04:54 PM
I think mens hairstyles in fashion shows is like the clothes it is to recreate unreal world more for fantasy and for cache and creativity expression. So what mens styles we see in fashion shows like Milano, Paris or even Barcelona or Madrid (Big GrinBig Grin) is not really for the street.
But i think it is good idea to follow the shows like you did then get ideas and then make the ideas for styling more for people like you or me, men who have a job, a wife or a girlfriend, who like to go out, who like to dress nice and look handsome etc
mmm I think the hairstyling in the photographs of the Milano fashion show are good and of use for normal guys. Sometimes i see crazy mens haircuts like a mohawk in fashion shows and of course i think this is stupid and I dont see me with that haircut but this time all styling is elegant. Paris fashion shows for menswear is similar, London and New York mmm Big Grin crazy! jaja
01-31-2014, 02:12 AM
That 2nd pic doesn't even look real. It looks like toy hair.
02-01-2014, 06:01 AM
(01-31-2014 02:12 AM)TokyoRumble Wrote:  That 2nd pic doesn't even look real. It looks like toy hair.

i believe he has paint also on his forehead to achieve that "doll" look.
02-01-2014, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 03:56 PM by Anton.)
Personally i found it absurd - you geezers see yourself walking downtown with any of those clothes and hair that looks like it belongs to a freaking mannequin? fashion shows are an excuse for the rich to get together and pretend they got more moneys than they actually got while some bulimic androgynous individuals walk up and down with makeup and clothes that belong to the circus.
No trying to bash the point of this thread TMHF mate and i know yous involved in the fashion industry. Just i think the hairstyles look nice its just the whole point of doing fashion shows with absurd clothes and styles that are nothing but pretentious rats. Cheers
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My hair / hairline and haircuts I could get . Help. John_cook115 0 117 11-15-2016 05:52 PM
Last Post: John_cook115
  Best tall men hairstyles and haircuts for great aesthetics A Tall Guy 1 252 10-20-2016 11:17 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Weatherproof hairstyles Dansercoer 1 643 01-23-2016 04:00 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
Thumbs Up Slicked Back Hair Guide: Styles, Haircuts, Products, Pictures, Advice and More TheMensHairForum 15 27,256 12-17-2015 10:14 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c