Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Men's Hairstyles 2014 Trends: Epic Guide with Pictures
12-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Men's Hairstyles 2014 Trends: Epic Guide with Pictures
We are finishing 2013 and now on to 2014. Here is my guide to men's hairstyles 2014 trends which are based on the 2013 hairstyles for men trends that we have seen on this forum too.

Undercut hairstyle 2014

The Undercut hairstyle will continue strong so invest in pomade! Gareth Bale gave the Undercut a good boost although he has now moved to a brushed up hairstyle.

[Image: tumblr_mddsotiNDr1rdruzpo1_500.jpg]

Brush up hairstyle 2014

While Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik have sported brushed up hairstyles, I am proud to announce that here at Men's Hair Forum we have boosted the popularity of the brushed up hairstyle BIG TIME. The Brush Up hairstyle is a new hairstyle that didn't have a real name and we coined the name "Brush Up hairstyle" here.

The Brush Up hairstyle is a blend between a Pompadour hairstyle, a Quiff and a Brush Cut. Definitively see the Brush Up hairstyle as a big men's hairstyle in 2014.

[Image: zayn_malik_5.jpg]

Messy hairstyles 2014

Messy hairstyles are also trendy for 2014 as medium length hairstyles. I am seeing lots of Shaggy haircuts being done which require such haircuts be done in a hair salon for the ultimate messy hairstyle.

[Image: bZo1TW8.jpg]

Curly hair men 2014

The year 2013 has been the year of curly hair men. Hair expert Rogelio Samson published both his long awaited hair care books The Curly Hair Book & The Men's Hair Book, and The Curly Hair Book has proved a massive success among curly men and such success has been built already through Rogelio's popularity and expertise at ManlyCurls.com and MensHairBlog.com.

The Curly Hair Book has opened the range of styles for men with curly hair and 2014 will continue to be the year of those men with "waves, coils and kinks" as Rogelio puts it!

[Image: qgmIvDS.jpg]

Black men hairstyles 2014

Black men have been daring to more and more grow out their curls and afros so natural hair is certainly now a black men's hairstyles trend for 2014. The Curly Hair Book has allowed men of all colors to understand their curly hair which has meant that black men, who usually have the curliest of all hair types, are now learning to manage their coils and kinks and more and more black folks are sporting either teenie weenie afros or big afros!

In The Curly Hair Book, Rogelio Samson gives out the method for a completely natural hair care routine through the use of your own sebum and many of our African community members are loving the results. Love to see our fellow members growing their curls out and we're here to inspire and motivate!

[Image: cV1JEB5.jpg]

Long hairstyles 2014

Part due to Rogelio Samson's advice on long hair in both his books and part due to films and TV, long hair men are becoming more common. Long hair is becoming more acceptable among men and even in the workplace I predict long hair will continue to "grow" (pun intended Big Grin) in 2014 especially since long hair requires at least a year of growth.

[Image: depp03f-1-web.jpg]

What do you think will be or are the trendy hairstyles for men in 2014? Feel free to express your thoughts whether you are one of our hair professionals or a casual forum member! Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: Men's Hairstyles 2014 Trends: Epic Guide with Pictures
Hair Products for the Men's Hairstyles 2014 Trends

For all the trendy hairstyles above or for any other hairstyles, you will need some good men's hair products. Go with the following hair products:

Get this pomade: for the Undercut hairstyle and for those men with curly hair and kinky curly hair.

Get this hair wax: for the messy hairstyle.

Get this hair gel: for the messy hairstyle if you prefer hair gel over hair wax (or buy both products and use some days the gel and some other days the wax)

Get this hair clipper: for the Undercut hairstyle, with this high quality hair clipper you will be able to maintain your Undercut with ease as you only require the same hair clipper guard/comb all across the sides and back of the head (use either a #1 or a #2). Do also get the "Oster Professional 10 Universal Comb Set" suggested by Amazon as a pack.

If you prefer a cordless hair clipper, then get this high quality cordless hair clipper which comes with a full kit and guard range and even hard carrying case!

Get this hair dryer: for the messy hairstyle (to make your hair even more messy looking), for the brushed up hairstyle to get the hair up and with volume, and for curly hair (use the hair dryer and then use the hair mousse recommended below to style your curly hair freely).

Bear in mind both this hair dryer and the hair clipper suggested above are relatively pricey compared to other hair products in this guide such as hair gel or hair wax, but a high quality hair clipper and a high quality hair dryer will last you years and will save you a lot of money down the road as you won't need to go to the barber so often. And you will have your range of hairstyles vastly increased too! Both products are worth the investment.

Get this hair mousse: for those men with curly hair and kinky curly hair (afro).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Those are some solid hairstyles for 2014 & I agree with them, the brushed up hairstyle really going to be taking off for 2014.
Only problem with the brush up hairstyle I can think of is having to use a hair dryer to get the volume just right but it looks great when done right. Didnt Gareth Bale change the undercut for a taper haircut I thought you guys mentioned in his thread?
12-21-2013, 07:30 AM
(12-20-2013 03:53 PM)Stevens Wrote:  Those are some solid hairstyles for 2014 & I agree with them, the brushed up hairstyle really going to be taking off for 2014.
Only problem with the brush up hairstyle I can think of is having to use a hair dryer to get the volume just right but it looks great when done right. Didnt Gareth Bale change the undercut for a taper haircut I thought you guys mentioned in his thread?

Correct, Gareth Bale has transitioned to a taper haircut with a brushed up hairstyle. He had an Undercut until November and then grew the sides and back to match a taper haircut.

Cristiano Ronaldo also had an Undercut but then let the back grow into a Mohawk and now has a hair clipper taper.

12-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Agree with the trendy hairstyles you posted TMHF. For me, the mens hairstyles for 2014 are...
  • Brush up hairstyle
  • Undercut hairstyle in slicked back or side swept style
  • Messy hairstyle
  • Big curly hair and afro hairstyle - thanks to The Curly Hair book from Rogelio
Long hair yes, its a good trendy hairstyle but like you say it takes time to grow. I see long hair as a style more for 2015 but the fire to grow hair long has been sparked Cool many guys in the forum are growing their hair long now.

(12-20-2013 12:50 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Hair Products for the Men's Hairstyles 2014 Trends

For all the trendy hairstyles above or for any other hairstyles, you will need some good men's hair products. Go with the following hair products:

Get this hair clipper: for the Undercut hairstyle, with this high quality hair clipper you will be able to maintain your Undercut with ease as you only require the same hair clipper guard/comb all across the sides and back of the head (use either a #1 or a #2). Do also get the "Oster Professional 10 Universal Comb Set" suggested by Amazon as a pack.

If you prefer a cordless hair clipper, then get this high quality cordless hair clipper which comes with a full kit and guard range and even hard carrying case!

Get this hair dryer: for the messy hairstyle (to make your hair even more messy looking), for the brushed up hairstyle to get the hair up and with volume, and for curly hair (use the hair dryer and then use the hair mousse recommended below to style your curly hair freely).

Bear in mind both this hair dryer and the hair clipper suggested above are relatively pricey compared to other hair products in this guide such as hair gel or hair wax, but a high quality hair clipper and a high quality hair dryer will last you years and will save you a lot of money down the road as you won't need to go to the barber so often. And you will have your range of hairstyles vastly increased too! Both products are worth the investment.

A hair clipper is so essential to have IMO as it gives you so much variety for hairstyles and you can do the hairstyles in your own like the haircut for the undercut or many of the short hairstyles like a high and tight haircut, a recon haircut, crew cut etc
The 2 hair clippers posted are high end clippers but again IMO when it is time to buy a hair clipper or a hair dryer you must think quality and not so much price. The hair clippers and hair dryer posted in your links will last a VERY long time and give 100% results in case anyone thinks paying the price for a hair dryer isnt worth it.

For hair gel, pomade, wax et the price is much lower and there you can be a bit cheap as most hair care companies use the same ingredients but only change the name in the label of the product. But for styling tools like a hair clipper? forget about cheap prices and invest in high quality tools.
12-22-2013, 01:41 PM
brushed up hairstyle + undercut is a ladies winner Big Grin i like the messy hairstyles too, worth a shot for this 2014 as i wanna start the year with a new hair look if possible!
12-23-2013, 04:51 PM
yes undercut i think will be a big hairstyle for 2014, it already is with Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale in Real Madrid with undercuts
i also see classic side part hairstyles in Spain especially with corporate people, here it is not like in the United States were corporate men have modern hairstyles...oh no here we have to have classic hairstyles because if not they fire you! Big Grin
it is a lot of BS because you see 23 years old young men with hairstyles of old men xD. For more casual hairstyles i think messy hairstyles are trendy for 2014 in Spain and south Europe like Italy Smile
12-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Hey guys I agree with all the hairstyles for 2014, i am seeing a lot of brush ups styles...guessing its the Justin Bieber meet Zayn malik effect and the undercut has been going on since 2012 as far as I can remember so its only normal the undercut hairstyle will be trending in 2014 especially for guys with straight or wavy hair IMO
12-28-2013, 03:17 PM
A modern side part like Justin Timberlake and David Beckam is a really good option too
12-29-2013, 05:30 PM
(12-28-2013 03:17 PM)louis92 Wrote:  A modern side part like Justin Timberlake and David Beckam is a really good option too

Yes, a volume side part like the one from Gareth Bale which he used to complement with an undercut works very well and I see it as a trendy hair style for 2014 especially in Europe.

[Image: article-0-1B14701F000005DC-898_306x423.jpg]

[Image: 1376399503_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg]

01-04-2014, 06:56 PM
(12-20-2013 12:19 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  We are finishing 2013 and now on to 2014. Here is my guide to men's hairstyles 2014 trends which are based on the 2013 hairstyles for men trends that we have seen on this forum too.

Black men have been daring to more and more grow out their curls and afros so natural hair is certainly now a black men's hairstyles trend for 2014. The Curly Hair Book has allowed men of all colors to understand their curly hair which has meant that black men, who usually have the curliest of all hair types, are now learning to manage their coils and kinks and more and more black folks are sporting either teenie weenie afros or big afros!

In The Curly Hair Book, Rogelio Samson gives out the method for a completely natural hair care routine through the use of your own sebum and many of our African community members are loving the results. Love to see our fellow members growing their curls out and we're here to inspire and motivate!

What do you think will be or are the trendy hairstyles for men in 2014? Feel free to express your thoughts whether you are one of our hair professionals or a casual forum member! Smile

KUDOS for mentioning natural hairstyles bro cos me think that we are in a good direction thanks to the Curly Hair book. I gave the book to a couple of guys for christmas and theyre like - **** i didnt know i could do all of this with my kinky curly hair - lol where i live many black folks just clip their kinks real short only doing fades with some hairline shaping and a couple designs but nothing else in terms of length you know...just paying it forward with the book as its done a lot for me and my hair.
And that old dude in the picture with a teenie weenie afro just goes to shows how tight natural hair for black men can look
01-06-2014, 12:26 PM
(01-04-2014 06:56 PM)Robert Wrote:  
(12-20-2013 12:19 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  We are finishing 2013 and now on to 2014. Here is my guide to men's hairstyles 2014 trends which are based on the 2013 hairstyles for men trends that we have seen on this forum too.

KUDOS for mentioning natural hairstyles bro cos me think that we are in a good direction thanks to the Curly Hair book. I gave the book to a couple of guys for christmas and theyre like - **** i didnt know i could do all of this with my kinky curly hair - lol where i live many black folks just clip their kinks real short only doing fades with some hairline shaping and a couple designs but nothing else in terms of length you know...just paying it forward with the book as its done a lot for me and my hair.
And that old dude in the picture with a teenie weenie afro just goes to shows how tight natural hair for black men can look

If only more black guys do you like & grew their curls & let those afros get naturally shaped! I can see this natural hair style getting more popular with men thru the curly book like you say & this forum is helping a lot so we will see how far it gets for 2014 & how you curly dudes spread the words & message of the book Cool
01-06-2014, 04:12 PM
(12-29-2013 05:30 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(12-28-2013 03:17 PM)louis92 Wrote:  A modern side part like Justin Timberlake and David Beckam is a really good option too

Yes, a volume side part like the one from Gareth Bale which he used to complement with an undercut works very well and I see it as a trendy hair style for 2014 especially in Europe.

[Image: article-0-1B14701F000005DC-898_306x423.jpg]

[Image: 1376399503_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg]

Mate i totally think the winner hairstyle for 2014 will be the brush up whether it is brush up "vertical" like Zayn Malik on "angled" as a side part like Gareth Bale so good precitions you guys are making and 100% shared as i see this demand for the hair style - vertical or angled - everyday at the barbershop am at.
The rest of styles are solid predictions too and having seen me self those same hairstyles in 2013 trending solid they'll be surely continuing on for 2014 so we got a good year of stylish looks ahead lads Smile!

Deffo any new mens styles popping up will be announced first in this site so i have even the owner of the barbershop browsing the forums daily lol good stuff guys and happy 2k14!
01-14-2014, 02:02 PM
(12-20-2013 12:50 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Get this hair clipper: for the Undercut hairstyle, with this high quality hair clipper you will be able to maintain your Undercut with ease as you only require the same hair clipper guard/comb all across the sides and back of the head (use either a #1 or a #2). Do also get the "Oster Professional 10 Universal Comb Set" suggested by Amazon as a pack.

Dang both of these hair clippers are so good for giving urself haircuts any time or even give your buds haircuts and ofc charge them for the cuts too lol but a bit off topic but for any one wanting to jump on the trending hairstyles for this year and even for 2015 and the future you better have your own hair clipper as it gives you so much freedom to just change the way your hair looks in an instant.

For example most guys go to the barbershop what... once a month right? and even once every 2 weeks for those with fast hair growth... most of the times you visit the barbershop to just trim the hair especially the hair that was clipped the last time as by the one month time frame the hair that was clipped gets too long. A barber charges what...20, 30, even 50 bucks for a maintenance service when you could have done that with your own hair clipper!
So sure a hair clipper costs money now but in less than 6 months it has paid itself and will have saved you a lot of money in a year's time.
Just my 2 cents on this topic as it obviously carries over to mens hairstyles and maintenance trimming can be done by one self with a hair clipper and cuts like the undercut are done in minutes with a hair clipper!

ps, even if growing a long its my experience that a hair clipper helps majorly when it comes to keeping the sideburns in check. Dunno about you folks but my sideburns grow all wiry when I let my hair grow long as nothing short of a powerful hair clipper like the clippers in the quote above can buzz thru them...Big Grin
01-16-2014, 07:42 AM
Oh yes, as expected, everyone is talking about Jared Leto's long haired man bun at the Golden Globe awards! We were the first to predict long hair to be rocking it in 2014, and more and more male celebrities are growing their locks (mind you, it takes a long time to grow hair long!). We knew Leto was going to garner a lot of attention and he certainly has (he usually wears his tresses in a freestyle, no tying).

Here are the pictures of Jared Leto's man bun hair style although you can check the thread in the link above too:

[Image: otxduQ4.jpg]

[Image: YrnJglm.jpg]

[Image: article-2538418-1A9C83C000000578-270_306x387.jpg]

Another one who turned up to the Golden Globe awards with long locks was Alex Ebert, but, in his case, he was wearing a rat's nest hairstyle LOL Picture below:

[Image: Alex%2BEbert%2B71st%2BAnnual%2BGolden%2B...BDFcwl.jpg]

[Image: alex-ebert-gg.jpg]

01-31-2014, 05:10 AM
Great thought about hairstyles for 2014. These haircut style looks very beautiful.
02-03-2014, 05:13 AM
First one was really good.
02-08-2014, 12:01 PM
So for the hair style that is approaching long hair, is there any other hair treatment for just taming it aside from the sebum treatment/shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in conditioner to go about the day? I'm just looking for more ideas as the front hair and right over the ears is not quite long enough to pull back while all the rest makes a nice pony tail. Thanks for words of wisdom. Smile
02-08-2014, 12:07 PM
(02-08-2014 12:01 PM)carterholmes2 Wrote:  So for the hair style that is approaching long hair, is there any other hair treatment for just taming it aside from the sebum treatment/shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in conditioner to go about the day? I'm just looking for more ideas as the front hair and right over the ears is not quite long enough to pull back while all the rest makes a nice pony tail. Thanks for words of wisdom. Smile

I forgot to mention that what I do now is those three things for the hair mentioned above but to style I let the locks fall naturally or I comb with wide-toothed comb depending on the day to side part alternating sides, middle part, pull back with a head-band (literally the easiest thing ever), or the pony tail (but usually later in the day when it's all dry). I just get frustrated because it looks to be a while before the front hair will ever be able to be pulled back and so has to go behind my ear...or under the band.
02-08-2014, 01:13 PM
(02-08-2014 12:07 PM)carterholmes2 Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 12:01 PM)carterholmes2 Wrote:  So for the hair style that is approaching long hair, is there any other hair treatment for just taming it aside from the sebum treatment/shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in conditioner to go about the day? I'm just looking for more ideas as the front hair and right over the ears is not quite long enough to pull back while all the rest makes a nice pony tail. Thanks for words of wisdom. Smile

I forgot to mention that what I do now is those three things for the hair mentioned above but to style I let the locks fall naturally or I comb with wide-toothed comb depending on the day to side part alternating sides, middle part, pull back with a head-band (literally the easiest thing ever), or the pony tail (but usually later in the day when it's all dry). I just get frustrated because it looks to be a while before the front hair will ever be able to be pulled back and so has to go behind my ear...or under the band.

You have pretty much answered your own question since the 2 feasible options are a headband or trying to lock the front bangs behind the ears. Have a look at our male hair accessories thread in case you need some good references as you should always be using headbands without any metallic parts and so much more important for curly wavy hair!

You could also use hair mousse and a hair dryer (with a diffuser, see the link for recommendations). The way it works is to style your hair naturally with the mousse but then get the front bangs styled back or to the sides with the fingers so that the front bangs interlock with the rest of waves in your hair and then use the hair dryer to dry the hair and thus fix the front bangs in their new position.

Or you could instead use hair spray, that's what David Bisbal used when he had long curly hair and needed to have the front curly bangs off his face while singing (Rogelio told me this trick by the way, as he's the one who knows Bisbal). This is how David Bisbal's curls, including the forelocks, usually look when he's singing:

[Image: david_bisbal_161209_1_ok.JPG]

[Image: David-Bisbal-en-concierto.jpg]

The trick is to use a strong hold hair spray that doesn't turn your hair into cardboard and that allows for flexibility of the locks, so go with this hair spray which fits the goal very well. You will actually find yourself having to use any of the aforementioned tricks the longer your hair grows so better start soon to get the hang of it and get used to conveniently styling your hair with products Smile (this is about the only main disadvantage of long hair BTW)

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best tall men hairstyles and haircuts for great aesthetics A Tall Guy 1 252 10-20-2016 11:17 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 21,059 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Brick Looking for new hairstyle suggestions (PICTURES) Cody Reks 4 2,142 05-22-2016 09:51 PM
Last Post: Cody Reks
  How do I style this hair? (Pictures) TwoAP 0 897 03-01-2016 09:47 AM
Last Post: TwoAP