Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Matthew Mcconaughey hair transplant - Huge hairline difference
03-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Matthew Mcconaughey hair transplant - Huge hairline difference
After the 2014 Oscars, Matthew Mcconaughey was on the spotlight and many people asked about Matthew Mcconaughey's hair transplant or hair plugs. The pictures below will show you straightaway that Matthew Mcconaughey's hairline was quite receded and that he was indeed balding fast in the late 90s and then, without much of a warning, he got his hair back. Everyone wondered what it was, a hair transplant, hair plugs, minoxidil plus finasteride, some super hyper vitamin (notice the "super hyper" sarcasm) or what not.

Matthew Mcconaughey was arrested in October 1999 and he had his mugshot taken. In the mugshot (shown below) you can tell how Matthew Mcconaughey's hair was thinning fast and the classic front isle was developing (typical of Norwood III to IV). He also has wavy hair which conceals the balding a little bit better than straight hair. For all purposes, he was losing his hair heavily, this wasn't the case of some guys in his 30s starting to thin at the temples and being a light Norwood II.

[Image: bN5wHSF.jpg]

[Image: y1YAQ1X.jpg]

This is another picture from 1999:

[Image: _486051_release300.jpg]

And here's the money shot (i.e. comparison of Matthew Mcconaughey's hair loss and hairline versus his hair and hairline some 6 years later):

[Image: JzOJyGW.jpg]

People wondered WTF as to how he transformed his hair and until this day there's lot of speculation. I believe Mcconaughey was at some point pimping some scam company's vitamin as the cure for his hair loss but that was some nonsense and he was simply getting paid to endorse the snake oil. For anyone reading this, vitamins do NOT cure baldness, in fact there is no cure for male pattern baldness aka MPB (which is what Mcconaughey suffered/suffers from). MPB can, however, be treated and having a good intake of vitamins to manage your hair loss and improving the texture of your hair is a good idea (provided you're also on minoxidil and other agents).

From talks with friends in the industry, Matthew Mcconaughey quite likely had his hairline retouched with plugs and then went on minoxidil (click the link for a great OTC source from Amazon) as well as finasteride/Propecia (which can only be obtained with a prescription). I have been told that he also got a transplant while others have told me he didn't and just responded fantastically to the minoxidil and finasteride combination. He may also be enhancing his male pattern baldness management with a thickening shampoo and also with some kind of synthetic fiber such as Toppik.

I actually received the following picture from a credible source mentioning that the man in the picture is indeed Matthew McCoonaughey himself in 2011 running a marathon. If this were to be true, you can see how the forelock (front of the top of the head) looks quite thinned out and would point out to Matthew McCoonaughey going through extensive makeup to conceal his balding.

[Image: SCctA8E.jpg]

If you guys head out to our 2014 Oscars mens hairstyles discussion you will be able to see his current hair. While in frontal pictures his hair looks OK, it's in the side pictures where you can tell something is not right (too deep temples, even deeper than the mugshot from 1999).

[Image: article-2572154-1BFF854E00000578-557_634x562.jpg]

For what is worth, Toppik can do wonders to conceal bald spots when applied properly so a blend of the products I suggested above plus an image consultant 24/7 for his own use could certainly do the trick.

What you guys think about all of this? Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 05:10 PM
RE: Matthew Mcconaughey hair transplant - Huge hairline difference
My mind is blown how the hell did he get his hair back like that? i mean it ain't like we are talking of John Travolta or Steven Seagal where the dudes wore or still wear a hair piece as they could not get anything better. But Matthew Mcconaughey re-gained the hair and it looks natural as hell without a trace of some dead furry animal living on his head??

I better hop on some minoxidil to improve my hair aesthetics even if am not going bald lol
03-11-2014, 06:54 PM
He was 29 in the mugshot photo yet he looks 10 years older then on the comparison photos h looks younger with a full mane. I know it is all about the lighting, makeup, enhancers etc but his pictures if anything they prove how hair can really deermine how we percieve others. Imagine if Matthew Mcconaughey had not fixed his hair by the early 2K's do you think he would have gotten far in his hollywood career?

Theres a very good reasont his folks will go to any extent to have hair even if it means wearing some kinda fur on their heads like Machado mentioned. Nicholas Cage is another example of a delusional dude who will wear stupid wig do's thinking the public is as stupid as he really thinks we are.

(03-11-2014 05:10 PM)Machado Wrote:  I better hop on some minoxidil to improve my hair aesthetics even if am not going bald lol

i am almost positive you were joking there but might as well ask it just in case... does minoxidil improve hair if one is not balding?
03-12-2014, 01:29 PM
The difference is like night and day between the two photos thats for sure.
We actually have a barbershop client who the master barber had been cutting his hair for years and the client went through the same. He basically took something like 4 weeks off holiday off his job and returned with a little more hair. He would then get more hair plugs slowly per session so that people would not notice the subtle change ins hair density and fullness.

Until people realised that this guy had gained a lot of hair out of nowhere lmao!! he would deny any rumours or people claiming he got a hair transplant or some kind of hair restoration. However he did tell us and specially the master barber because when cutting his hair you have to be extra careful. I had not seen him for a while as the client is a very well off as in wealthy guy so he only allows the most experienced barber out our barbershop to trim his hair. I too was baffled how on earth that guy gained so much hair. He also uses synthetic fibres btw so like the toppik that TMHF mentioned. Oh and he has to be for life pretty much with minoxidil and propecia which is finasteride.

Having to take a couple of pills or apply lotion every day for life may seen like a hassle but this guy almost transformed his life with the new air. This guy responded really well to all the restoration he got done tho and had the money for it. I think he spent something like 30k to 50k pounds on gaining his hair back.

To be honest I call BS on Matthew Mcconaughey not admitting he got some kind of hair restoration done as I believe he has been asked this question before and a lot of times. The guy was clearly going bald by age 29 and then a couple of years later he has that full hair? what with a holistic diet and vitamin c?? lol you need some hardcore restoration and by hardcore I am talking about going under the knife. No hating and more power to him but he could really be a great poster boy for the millions of men losing their hair who are desperate to get their hair back and who are scammed with all these dangerous pills and rats that those scammer sell in the hair loss industry.
03-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Oh please gimme a break! it is clear Matthew Mcconaughey had a hair transplant. Just look at how advanced his hair loss was in 1999. He was born in November 1969 which means that he was still only 29 in those mugshots photos.
At 29 with that advanced balding he sure had a bit of a radical case which is common with men who start losing their hair in their early to mid twenties. Mathew Mcconaughey had been losing his hair for a couple of years and by 1999... well the photographs speak for themselves.

Also like TMHF mention in the 1s of this discussion, Mathew Mcconaughey has wavy hair. Wavy hair grows curving so it naturally takes more space. This means that balding men with wavy hair will always look like they have more hair left than what they really have - unless were talking of late norwood stages where there is almost nothing left on the top.
After him winning an oscar in the 2014 oscar awards its normal that people are wondering if he got hair plugs or transplants. The rumour has been there for years but imo it is quite obvious because in 1999 he looks like he is 40+ with all that thinning hair & then a few years later he looks like he is only in his early thirties with a thick mane of long locks? yeah right Rolleyes

Like Bradley said above we are not hating but pointing out the dramatic changes that good dense hair can have in a young man. Mathew Mcconaughey is an actor who needs his handsome looks to get movie roles except perhaps for his oscar award winning Dallas Buyers Club movie. It's a reality that in Hollywood: no hair no party!
03-21-2014, 01:09 PM
WTF is all I can say ha ha

I am guessing since Matthew Mcconaughey was not as popular in 1999 as he is now especially after the oscars awards that nobody really paid attention to his hair and how it changed. But the change in the hairline and the whole aesthetics is sublime. His doctor would get a ***load of referrals if Matthew came forward and admitted to his hair plugs and work. Thats for sure Big Grin

Also I am one who thinks that we as society are quite intrusive about the lives of celebrities and actors so i usually cut them some slack as with like Alec Baldwin for example. But Matthew Mcconaughey could save the face of the hair restoration industry by admitting he got work done and letting the consumer know that if you find a good doctor you can get great results. BUt then on the other hand you have Wayne Rooney who got a botched hairline work with plugs and he got them done supposedly at a famous hair loss clinic *pictures of Wayne Rooneys bad hair plugs lol
03-29-2015, 09:45 AM
HERE is the Final Word on Matthew Mcconaughey's Hair Transplant.
I was an assistant to MM's agent at CAA in Los Angeles. Strictly speaking he had 3 agents but I became the point person for main agent, helping with MM's sundry affairs, coordinating everything from doctors appointments to real estate purchases and vacation travel plans. A doctor in Chicago performed 2 different HT procedures on MM over 4 month period. I know because I coordinated with the doctor's office. End of story.
03-29-2015, 10:12 AM
To David above, do you have any proof of this?
This would not be the 1st time that someone comes to the forum claiming they know a celebrity and where they had their hair transplant done. It would help if you could give more details or proof of this. Matthew Mcconaughey's hair transplant looked really good for the advance state of his hair loss at the time so I'm sure many other guys would be interested to know for sure who did his hair restoration.

Cheers.
03-16-2016, 01:42 PM
(03-29-2015 09:45 AM)Davidpineroach Wrote:  HERE is the Final Word on Matthew Mcconaughey's Hair Transplant.
I was an assistant to MM's agent at CAA in Los Angeles. Strictly speaking he had 3 agents but I became the point person for main agent, helping with MM's sundry affairs, coordinating everything from doctors appointments to real estate purchases and vacation travel plans. A doctor in Chicago performed 2 different HT procedures on MM over 4 month period. I know because I coordinated with the doctor's office. End of story.

Hello David, Are you still checking into this thread? If so, send me a PM please.
Thank you.
04-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Well, using hair-growing products or even having a hair transplant is not new to celebrities. I've seen a lot of male celebrities who had thinning hair and then all of a sudden, they show up on camera and seems like they've grown their hair overnight!
07-13-2016, 02:11 AM
That's normal for celebrities who want their hair to grow back. Many of them underwent surgery like John Travolta and Jude Law. Some celebrities just want the normal look too without much hair anyway like Bruce Willis and Billy Zane.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help. Not sure about the state of my hairline. Rivere 0 401 10-21-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: Rivere
Shocked 21 years old. I am going bald, having maturing hairline or just paranoic HardRocker995 0 1,252 09-22-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: HardRocker995
  Hair receding or maturing? Possible balding with receding hairline Relinquish 2 1,152 08-18-2016 01:17 AM
Last Post: Relinquish
  Hair weave vs hair transplant, best hairloss solution? SUMITAMIT 0 394 08-16-2016 08:32 AM
Last Post: SUMITAMIT