Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcel Nguyen haircut: Epic Undercut Hairstyle Pictures
08-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Thumbs Up Marcel Nguyen haircut: Epic Undercut Hairstyle Pictures
Marcel Nguyen's haircut is an Undercut, and we have featured Nguyen's Undercut in this forum many times. Below are some pictures of Marcel Nguyen's Undercut hairstyle, although I will first introduce the actual Undercut as well as Marcel Nguyen.

His hair may ring quite a few bells, and Marcel Nguyen is "that" guy whom every hairstyle aficionado has seen but never knew his name (he is a German gymnast). For that reason, I am posting plenty of his pictures for all of you to get Undercut hairstyle ideas based on Marcel Nguyen haircut. He usually styles the top of his head with a side swept style or with a Quiff, which always look good with an Undercut and which have made Marcel Nguyen's hairstyles somewhat iconic for the Undercut (together with Jimmy Darmody aka Michael Pitt). Nguyen's Undercut is similar to Philipp Boy's haircut, another German gymnast (and with whom he probably agreed to get a similar haircut to stand out during the Olympics).

The best hair products for the Undercut are pomades and hair wax, so do also continue reading (next post below) after the pictures for the product recommendations to emulate Nguyen's Undercut!

Ok, picture time. The second picture of Nguyen's Undercut is perfect to illustrate what we call the "horizontal temple line" and which is used to demarcate haircuts such as the Undercut, High and Tight or Crew Cut. This is the line where the hair is rapidly tapered very short (e.g. Crew Cut and Businessman Cut) or outright clipped very short with a same length (e.g. Undercut and High and Tight). This line is very important to remember when thinking of a haircut as that is where a male's haircut is defined in shape.

[Image: tumblr_m842inhjQO1rcx94ao1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mb64deOvru1rdruzpo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m83odjOcA31rcikz8o1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8e1fw3Lhg1qzz2h3o1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m8eeuiQIwS1rd38u6o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8eeuiQIwS1rd38u6o2_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m85366ve191qaxcvs.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m83uityJFn1rsehmoo2_r1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m838d3jDRW1r6ibubo1_500.jpg]

[Image: a.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m9gqsfOmbA1qe83kqo1_400.gif]

[Image: article-2182221-145492DE000005DC-651_634x611.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8edbvH1pz1rd38u6o1_250.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8edkxiQfs1rd38u6o1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8edbvH1pz1rd38u6o1_250.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8ebwx5sqG1rd38u6o1_400.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8ebqsMIOy1rd38u6o1_400.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m88tioyuxf1r03snc.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m8h2uhMuDW1rchv9eo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m9hu9xYfeP1rdruzpo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mwpr6uneov1qd6gf1o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mn9enw4z7h1srfwtko3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8atksoJ7Z1qgc6fao1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m9htu2bBO61rdruzpo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8bnpdWFfa1rbs1sgo4_250.gif]

[Image: tumblr_ma0ewpY3DY1rvvzsz.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m8biwtHfdf1rd38u6o2_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m8wc7rzWrC1qf582go1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m89oprbi4g1r5c736o6_r1_250.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m8tzhfVk3p1rd38u6o1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mt759rCTHo1r06ng9o2_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8u2b2Ey3A1rd38u6o1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m9iujfp3Z71rd38u6o2_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mddsotiNDr1rdruzpo1_500.jpg]

Here's a rare picture of Marcel Nguyen's hair in a Mohawk haircut.

[Image: tumblr_m51scjheWu1qaujowo1_500.jpg]

Continue reading below on to the next post for the hair products for Marcel Nguyen's haircut.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Hair products for Marcel Nguyen haircut.
The hair products to use for Marcel Nguyen's Undercut hairstyle are either a pomade or a hair wax to style, and a hair clipper to clip the Undercut (which is very easy to do).

If you want to keep your hair flat and side swept, you can either get THIS pomade for the wet look effect or get THIS other pomade for a high-shine pomade.

Both pomades above are water soluble and have a strong hold for holding the side swept or any other slicked hairstyle. If, instead, you are looking to shape a quiff or have the hair standing up, choose THIS styling wax.

For those of you in the UK, you can get the wet-effect pomade from THIS vendor and the high-shine pomade from THIS vendor. You can also get the recommended styling wax from THIS vendor.

With regards to the hair clipper, the Undercut is simply one of those men's haircuts that you can do yourself in an instant. All you have to do is set yourself in front of a mirror, select a length that you want to clip your hair with and use the hair clipper to clip all the hair below the horizontal temple line (remember the line I mentioned earlier?). Everything below that line is clipped with the same length you have chosen for your hair clipper.

The length to choose for the clipper in an Undercut is anything from a 0 to a 3. Any higher length breaks the aesthetics of the Undercut, where sharp edges are sought. A hair clipper length usually comes as a guiding comb or guard which you can clip into the hair clipper in seconds (most hair clippers bring a range of guiding combs already so that you have a wide range of lengths to choose from).

With regards to which hair clipper to use for an Undercut, we highly recommend THIS Andis hair clipper. It's one of the most powerful hair clippers available to the public and it is cordless! Despite being cordless, the Andis hair clipper in the link is as powerful as any corded hair clipper. It is not a cheap, but it is so much worth its price as you will save money down the road from not having to go to the barber to retouch your Undercut (you will be able to do it in 5 minutes sharp in your ow bathroom!). The hair clipper will last you years so it's an excellent investment.

If the Andis cordless hair clipper is too steep in price, you can always get a regular corded hair clipper. For that, we highly recommend THIS Oster hair clipper, which is as powerful and as reliable as you can ask, even for barbershop standards. It also comes with guiding combs for plenty of haircut lengths to choose from, so get that hair clipper as it too will last you years.

Lastly, if in the UK, you can get any of the two hair clippers above and simply use a transformer to adapt it to the UK's voltage. You can find a transformer in any hardware shop for a good price. A transformer is a good option since the hair clippers above are way cheaper when ordering from the USA from the vendors in the links (even with shipping fees included!), and you can use the transformer for many more electric products that you order from the United States too (which, again, tend to be cheaper than those in the UK).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-20-2014, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 02:34 PM by yungjoe.)
RE: Marcel Nguyen haircut: Epic Undercut Hairstyle Pictures
Glad you made this, I was looking for something like this, how many inches of hair do you think marcel has in the first few pictures?
08-20-2014, 02:49 PM
(08-20-2014 02:34 PM)yungjoe Wrote:  Glad you made this, I was looking for something like this, how many inches of hair do you think marcel has in the first few pictures?

It's 3 inches on the top. However, if you are getting a haircut from long hair (anything above 5 inches), thn first tell your barber to leave 4 inches on the top and ask him to comb it to the side for you (when the Undercut is clipped), then see if you like it. If not, then tell him to remove an extra inch from the top to make it 3 inches.

Reason for the above is that, once you cut hair, there is no going back, and you may in fact like 4 inches instead of 3 inches.

08-21-2014, 12:23 PM
lol so that is the famous guy without a name heh? Big Grin

I have seen his face in other threads for the undercut, but always thought that was just some random dude. Apparently not... nice haircut and shows that the under cut works for thick hair.
08-21-2014, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2014 05:12 PM by yungjoe.)
I hope suavecito is alike to what the product hes using because I have a feeling that Suavecito will give that extreme wet look. Maybe If I put a less amount we'd see. The way he has his set up is good because its at the perfect threshold
08-25-2014, 07:43 PM
It is so perfect Big Grin, I shall put this on my imaginary list of hairstyles I will try. Time for me to grow my hair out to three inches
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tips for Cameron Dallas hairstyle and haircut with straight hair icey3333331 0 130 11-13-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: icey3333331
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 401 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 452 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 342 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma