Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mane 'n Tail detangler review for curly hair and tangles
10-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Mane 'n Tail detangler review for curly hair and tangles
Hi again guys I am posting a review on Mane 'n Tail detangler. This product is use to detangle hair which is a problem that occurs a lot with curly hair men. As usual with my reviews I will post this review based on my experience as a female hairdresser and applied to a male public as this forum is for. I wasn't sure whether to post this review in the curly hair section or not... I am posting it here in the products section as that is where most hair product reviews seem to be.

Some years ago when i was fresh to the hair industry I was introduced to detanglers. For some reason at first, I thought they were leave-in conditioners. So I would apply them like I would with a leave-in conditioner. This actually worked as a leave-in conditioner but then I learnt of their detangling purposes. Here is a review after using the Mane 'n Tail detangler.

If you have curly hair especially, the Mane 'n Tail detangler might really do the trick on your hair. It can be incredibly difficult to find a way to pull the tangles out of your curls without turning them into a frizzy, unmanageable mess, but a detangler and a wide tooth comb or hair pick can work magic to undo the tangled hair and bring it back to its healthy original shape.

As soon as I started using it, I also used it as a leave-in conditioner and it did make combing and styling my hair a lot easier. It smelled alright too. It wasn't my favorite smell, but after having used many other detanglers, his type of product by default usually does not have a very pleasant smell. In fact, quite a few of the other detanglers smell downright awful to me, but anyway, I digress.

The Mane 'n' Tail detangler doesn't smell bad as I mentioned and it doesn't make your hair feel funny or weigh it down, which is a bonus. It helps contain the frizzy hair while letting you pick and comb through your curls to make them behave and to smooth the curls to undo the tangled hair, and you curly men probably know what a pain that can be.

Just like other detanglers ever since I discovered them, the Mane 'n Tail detangler was almost like a miracle product for my frizzy tangled curls. Not that my hair gets tangled all the time but it will detangle the few tangles that rarely form in my hair. Ever since I used the first detangling products, they all have worked pretty good in a range from good to awesome. The Mane and Tail detangler is very close to awesome.

The price for the Mane n Tail detangler is really good too and makes the product a must for those men who tend to have their hair tangling. So this product is quite useful for men with long hair and curly hair. Actually the most useful it will be for men with long curly hair which is how it worked on me. Still though it is worth considering the product even if you don't have curly hair as the use of the heavy mens hair products can also tangle all types of mens hair.

And hey, a word to the wise: if someone buys you something, you might want to see what it is before you just start using it on your hair! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2014, 06:26 AM
RE: Mane 'n Tail detangler review for curly hair and tangles
At first site one would think this is a product for animal hair ... mane and tail? then a picture of horses in the bottle?
They seem to have an interesting range of shampoos but the hypochondriac in me takes over. Can you pls confirm that their products are for humans too?
10-16-2014, 12:31 PM
(10-16-2014 06:26 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  At first site one would think this is a product for animal hair ... mane and tail? then a picture of horses in the bottle?
They seem to have an interesting range of shampoos but the hypochondriac in me takes over. Can you pls confirm that their products are for humans too?

Don't worry. The Mane n Tail shampoo or other products from them are for humans. They still can be used for horses or dogs but the products are made for human use. I think their history is that they initially made hair care products for horses and then they moved to hair care products for humans. The mane of horses is just hair strands like the mane of a human. Add that hair is not alive except from where it grows from (follicle) and you can easily formulate hair products for men (and women) from the knowledge you have from animal hair products.
10-16-2014, 01:17 PM
(10-16-2014 06:26 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  At first site one would think this is a product for animal hair ... mane and tail? then a picture of horses in the bottle?

Hi this is fine as the products are for humans like it was posted by another forum user in this thread.

It is not just the detangler that is good but also their shampoo and conditioner. I have seen their shampoo recommended by the moderators in the past and I also like the shampoo and conditioner. There are several but I really like the original one, the regular formula shampoo.

So yes it is for humans! Big Grin

Elena
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,115 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Blackship water based pomade by Flagship review Charms434 0 977 11-16-2015 01:34 PM
Last Post: Charms434
  Teddy Boy Original Water Based Pomade - Product Review Charms434 0 639 11-16-2015 10:49 AM
Last Post: Charms434
  By Vilain hair wax, Dynamite Clay and Gold Digger review? plate870 0 975 10-06-2015 06:34 PM
Last Post: plate870