Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Managing stubborn hair for a side part 0 0
Managing stubborn hair for a side part
01-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Managing stubborn hair for a side part
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on how best to style my stubborn hair. I find it hard to describe what hair I have, not thin but not very thick - average I guess - but ultimately quite stubborn. I've had a side part with medium length for a couple of years now and have been using Uppercut Deluxe and more recently Reuzel Blue to keep it in place.

Problem is I get parts of my hair that refuse to be glued down. The hair away from my part sticks out at 90 degrees at the edge of the top of my head rather than naturally curving round and it takes some water to get it to go down into an annoyingly flat position. The pomade can make it more stubborn rather than bending it to my will! This is really hard to describe in words but hopefully I have made some sense.

I get the impression my hair needs something in it that will moisturise it a bit and make it a bit smoother and less stubborn. I naturally thought of styling cream as I assume cream provides that, but I am not sure I can get the same hold (I currently don't use a hair dryer and would prefer not to - tried with pomade and did not work well!).

I use Loreal Elvive Men's anti-dandruff shampoo and not sure if that could be contributing to hair stubbornness but it helps with the dandruff. Not sure if I should be using a different shampoo or some additional conditioner...
I tend to leave my hair to dry for a bit in the morning as I have things to do between washing it and styling it, but I tend to at least brush it into shape when it is wet and then I wet it again and towel dry before styling - another thing which could make it harder to style perhaps?

Anyway, I have blabbed on for a bit here but hopefully I've made myself clear and would be keen to hear any advice.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best mens hairstyle for disconnected haircut, side part or slicked back hair? Dapper to be 1 95 12-08-2018 12:52 PM
Last Post: Panther
  Side part slick back Keith_H21 0 1,063 11-01-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: Keith_H21
  Long hair side shaved grow to man bun hairstyle or top knot? darkguy2 3 1,166 10-17-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  do you guys recommend a hairstyle for somebody with a patch on the side of their head kaylinm1 0 586 07-29-2016 11:02 AM
Last Post: kaylinm1