Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man bun hairstyle after awkward hair stage growth, opinions?
08-26-2015, 02:34 AM
Man bun hairstyle after awkward hair stage growth, opinions?
Hello! This is my first post so maybe the category ain't perfect, anyway I've been growing my hair for 1 year now (it was about an inch in length), and recently passed the awkward phase and started putting it up in a manbun and feel really good as it is, just wanted a sincere outside opinion so I came here, should I keep it or not?

[Image: ZpwCWup.jpg]

[Image: HSF81XN.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: Man bun hairstyle after awkward hair stage growth, opinions?
Looks nice to me, if you could grow a beard it would look awesome.
It looks like it doesn't grow though.
08-30-2015, 07:05 AM
Your manbun looks really good. I would keep it if I were you but it also depends on how your long hair looks on you when it isn't tied in a man bun. Do you have any pictures of your hair when it isn't in a bun?

I would actually grow the hair longer if I were you and if long hair suits you. Maybe get an extra two to four inches for your man bun. The great thing about the man bun is that it cleans up the sides of the head for those guys with wavy hair and curly hair. This brings out your facial features more and makes you look more handsome. It's one of the reasons for the popularity of the man bun and of other haircuts that clean up the sides of the head like the undercut. These are what are known as aesthetic hairstyles and haircuts as they tend to improve the facial aesthetics (as in make more handsome) of any guy wearing any of these aesthetic hairstyles.

In case that you haven't read the guides, here is the guide for the man bun and here is the guide for the topknot. They are very useful guides and they have lots of manbun pictures and topknot pictures.

What would you say about growing your hair longer to make a bigger man bun? How are you liking having long hair and how much do you like your long hair when it is not tied? You have wavy hair so styling your long wavy hair should not be an issue by now.

One more thing, your account has been updated so that you can upload pictures or embed pictures as done in your first post.
08-30-2015, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2015 08:02 AM by tatuny.)
This is after I air dried my hair, wavy indeed!

[Image: Jz5c5VP.jpg]

Thanks for the replies, I am still growing my hair and don't plan on stopping yet, I'm liking long hair so far and when it's not tied I'm fine with it, however if there is wind it gets in my face and all, so I prefer to tie it, tho most of the time I keep it untied.
08-30-2015, 08:49 AM
That's a cool layered hairstyle for long hair. It suits you very well and I can tell that growing your hair longer will keep the aesthetics of your long wavy hair. Keep up with growing your hair longer until you are happy with the final hair length that you achieve.

If you have no current limits as to how long you want to grow your wavy hair, then I think a full shoulder length would look really good. What I mean by saying a full shoulder length is that the hair on the top of your head should touch your shoulders when you pull it down with your fingers. I take it that the hair on the top of your head is only long enough to reach your chin or so. Some extra six inches of hair length would give you a lot more bulk and make your man bun stand out more.

Your wavy hair looks smooth and it also looks like you've been taking good care of it so I do not foresee any issues growing your wavy hair longer. Just make sure that you're using a conditioner or a leave-in conditioner as you continue to grow you wavy curls longer. There are some great threads in this forum talking about conditioners (see this thread on conditioners) or leave-in conditioners (see this post on leave in conditioners) so it'd be in your interest to scan them and learn more about these two types of conditioners if you didn't know about them already.
08-30-2015, 08:53 AM
Thanks again panther! My hair from above my forehead reaches below my lower lip, shoulder lenght sounds good it's a year since I last cut it. Really happy with it.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 63 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 286 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 309 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777
  Long hair side shaved grow to man bun hairstyle or top knot? darkguy2 3 308 10-17-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz