Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MCCS rising prices for military haircuts with American Clipper
06-26-2013, 10:36 AM
MCCS rising prices for military haircuts with American Clipper
Effective this 30 June 2013 the prices for military haircuts at all MCCS barbershops will be going up from $6 to $8. American Clipper is taking over the management of all barbershops under the Marine Corps Community Services in what is a corporate dealership.
What do you think of this move of the MCCS, should a Marine have to pay an extra two dollars for a simple High and Tight haircut that is done in under five minutes??

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: MCCS rising prices for military haircuts with American Clipper
Read it was caused as the Marine Corps Community Services could not handle the subsidizing of haircuts and had to turn the service private.

Don't agree with jacking up the prices for something that is essential to hygiene and that has a tradition in the Marines.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Im cool with the privatization but an extra two bucks for a simple haircut??
06-29-2013, 11:11 AM
I think it is ridiculous, better for a marine to buy his own hair clipper now.
11-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Reviving an old thread here, but it's dear to my heart. When I was in the Marines it was pretty standard for the junior enlisted, at least in my unit, to cut each other's hair. Haircuts were a necessity and they came around frequently. There was always someone in the barracks that owned a pair of clippers and when they got pulled out in the evening, folks would hear about it and start waiting in line for their turn. It's actually a really good memory. Lots of joking around and laughing at the haircuts that didn't turn out so well. At least they were free!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Haircuts for round face shape? Jonny 5 3,734 04-11-2014 03:49 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum