Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end)
11-06-2016, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 04:06 PM by Magikarp_Approves.)
Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end)
Hi, I'm looking for some (not too expensive) hair products. I'm currently in my teens and am also Asian so my hair is thin and grows outward (like how a hedgehog grows its spikes outwards) which causes some issues with the sides. My hair also grows pretty fast (I usually get a cut every month - although the last one before the one I just got yesterday was 3 weeks prior - and ask for a 2 on the back and sides and a bit off the top but leaving the front) and any product I usually apply dries out throughout the day and my hair isn't able to stay structured/in shape. I've used American Crew Pomade and Pete and Pedro Paste so far.
I usually prefer to have some sort of undercut/short back and sides sort of look with a short-medium length - which I already have (or wear?) - except it's a little short and I haven't styled it properly and haven't found a good enough product yet. I also feel like my face is sort of round(?) and my hair doesn't contrast it enough by having too round a shape and I'm unsure on how to fix that. I've read up most of the important info in this subreddit and have lurked around and browsed quite a lot of posts these last 2-3 days in this subreddit but I just need some advice now.
The different products I've looked at and need are: a Kent comb, a heat protectant spray and some texture powder to thicken my hair/help give it volume. I'm also wondering whether I need hairspray or not? I've looked at this so far for hairspray. For wax which I might try out for the sides, I've looked at this. I'm just wondering whether or not those products are good picks? I still need suggestions for a good pomade which isn't too costly unless there aren't any good inexpensive ones.
Also, just a few quick questions; does specific shampoo, conditioner and hair/blowdryer matter? I need to buy a new hairdryer but I'm also unsure whether or not I should buy new shampoo and conditioner also. I currently use david beckham homme body/hair wash or head and shoulders 2 in 1 and I used head and shoulders basic conditioner yesterday for the first time which seemed to be better. I've barely seen anything on this subreddit regarding specific shampoo/conditioner/hairdryers and all I've come across is that head and shoulders isn't good?
Sorry if this writeup is a bit long but please give any advice possible as I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/gdscZ"><a href="//imgur.com/gdscZ">First 4 images is hair 3 weeks after cut with product. Next 3 is a day after cut and product in the morning. Last image is same day after cut and hair with product after half a day</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 314 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 158 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  If you could solve one problem with male hair products what would it be and why? TotalHairNoob 0 199 08-08-2016 07:40 AM
Last Post: TotalHairNoob
  What styling hair products Jax Teller uses (Charlie Hunnam)? SAMCRO 11 39,610 07-19-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: beardlover