Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for new medium length haircut for heart shaped face :)
06-16-2015, 04:46 AM
Looking for new medium length haircut for heart shaped face :)
Hello I'm new to the forum it looks like it has lots of information Smile
I'm a grown man with a so called "heart shaped face" and I'm looking for a new haircut
in the last couple of years I've kept my hair quite long and it seems it fits me but I'm already bored of it
Plus i work in the sun and sweat a lot so the longer hair bothers me and gets in my eyes, are there medium haircuts that will fit my face shape?
I've seen the Jake Gyllenhaal undercut thread and it looks cool, but I'm afraid i will look funny with this kind of haircut.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: Looking for a new haircut :)
Are you willing to post a photo? If not, that's cool...but it might help if you can.
07-04-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: Looking for a new haircut :)
hey, I don't think its possible for a new account to post pictures Smile
07-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Face shape is irrelevant when getting the perfect men's haircut for you.
First things first. Face shape is a redundant term to be used when selecting a haircut. Your face shape only offers the full frontal view of your head, and there is so much more to hair aesthetics than a simple full frontal view of your head. In fact, a 3/4 shot of your face is way more reliable when gauging hair aesthetics than a full frontal shot. I'm saying this from experience working in the industry for a very long time.

Not to mention that men's faces are especially difficult to put into a shape since men have more bony structures than women, hence you will find a guy with a narrow jawline but a flat chin and an inward-curving upper face, how would you describe that as a face shape? You can't, hence the reason for basing a male haircut on face shape being nothing more than a distraction and something that you're usually told to make your haircut look more complex (so that you pay more for the service). Determining one's face shape for a good haircut may be relevant for women (that's how it all started), but it is irrelevant for men as men have bigger, wider and bonier skulls than women, with the exacerbated bony structures in men caused by the massive difference in testosterone levels between women and men.

With the above said, you need to be more precise with what it is that you want. There are plenty of medium length haircuts and hairstyles. In fact, a more relevant and important factor in basing your new haircut is your hair type and your hair length. Those two factors alone will help a lot in determining what's a good haircut for you.

Have a look at our popular hair type guide and at our equally popular hair length guide and let us know of both your hair type and your current hair length. Likewise, let us know of what is it that you'd like to achieve and how you would like to style your hair with this new haircut. I'm asking you the same questions that a barber would ask you since they're essential to cutting a successful men's haircut.

Lastly, I've upgraded your account so that you can post and embed pictures. Use a free image hosting website like IMGur to upload your pictures there in only a couple of seconds and for free, and then post and/or embed your pictures in this thread so that we can get a better idea of what you currently have.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-04-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: Looking for new medium length haircut for heart shaped face :)
Hello thank you for the long replay Smile
like you wrote i uploaded a frontal and a site look pictures of me
The hairstyle i would like to have is a cool not a very hard to maintaine one because of my work in the sun and sand. and a little bit shorter then the one in the pictures(i would not call it a hairstyle because i just let it grow out while traveling)
[Image: X2oAEcb.jpg]
[Image: gklMN82.jpg]
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 283 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 192 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 220 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 296 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98