Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Hair Wax Matte Clay most similar to Lee Stafford - As Ruff as you Like
01-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Looking for Hair Wax Matte Clay most similar to Lee Stafford - As Ruff as you Like
Hi!

I had to notice right now that my favourite hair product "Lee Stafford As Ruff as you like" matte clay was discontinued.

I used it for a few years now and it was the perfect product for me.

Now I'm looking for the most similar product available: A hair wax clay that gives a true matte finish and isn't greasy. I would like to have a natural look and the product should be invisible in the hair, no greasy Rockabilly-Style!

"As ruff as you like" has a more solid consistency, almost like butter (maybe not the best comparison). (Depends on the room temperature, on summer days its a bit softer). You'll have to put a small amount of it on your fingertips and rub it so it becomes softer and ready for use. All the products called "clay" in stores had a quite different consistency, most of them were very soft and/or sticky.
Maybe somebody has tested the hair clay called "Lee Stafford - As Ruff as you like" and can help me!

Thanks a lot!

Here's a pic of "Lee Stafford - As Ruff as you like" maybe you can see here the consistency of the clay:

[Image: bx9Uc7j.jpg]
http://www.abload.de/img/asruffasyoulikeofkdx.jpg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2017, 03:29 PM
RE: Looking for Hair Wax Matte Clay most similar to Lee Stafford - As Ruff as you Like
Have you tried American Crew's Fiber? It has a sturdier texture with a matte finish. As long as you don't over do it, you shouldn't be able to see it at all.
07-12-2017, 08:40 AM
RE: Looking for Hair Wax Matte Clay most similar to Lee Stafford - As Ruff as you Like
Good news....I contacted Lee Stafford, as "Ruff as you Like" was also my hair product for years.

Here is what they replied today:

Thank you for your email and interest in Lee Stafford Haircare. I’m very sorry but As Ruff As You Like has been discontinued. We are a brand known for innovative products so we are always working on new products to bring out. But what this means is we have to make room for them and so we lose products that aren’t doing quite so well L

I appreciate that it may be disappointing to hear that this has product has been discontinued, however I do have some good news. As Ruff As is something we here at QBC, felt worked well in a men’s grooming range and so we have developed a very similar product in a different range of ours. The range is The Great British Grooming Co, a brand which brings traditional grooming in line with today's busy man's world. We’ve developed the Clay Styler in our Haircare range to give texture, definition and hold with a matte finish. It has the same look, feel, texture and finish as the Lee Stafford one but with a more masculine fragrance.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Suavecito Matte Pomade markato46 0 33 12-07-2017 02:04 AM
Last Post: markato46
  What is a good Matte Hair Spray for men without shine? ThickHair93 4 6,788 04-07-2017 03:43 AM
Last Post: duthu94
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 546 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
  Moldable/fixable hold with matte finish thegawd 0 500 05-21-2016 03:23 PM
Last Post: thegawd