Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long wavy hairstyle suggestions for dry hair, Help!
05-19-2015, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2015 10:32 PM by hirsch328.)
Long wavy hairstyle suggestions for dry hair, Help!
Hey all, so i have been trying to figure my hair out for some time now but i just can't get it under control. My hair is a little bit longer than my shoulders, similar to the 4th guy in the "Pictures, How to style, products, inspiration and tips" thread for wavy hair.

Right now as far as hair care goes, i pretty much just condition it. For awhile i was shampooing once a week but it would literally turn into a static filled poof of frizz. Now i don't wash my hair at all. Literally haven't in about 2 months. Still it is very dry and frizzy and they there is this part. So it gets wavy like the guy i mentioned before however it's quite a bit puffier/frizzier on the side but it is pretty straight in the back so i kind of get a weird mullet effect.

I've mentioned this to the stylist who cuts my hair and she attempted to compensate a little for it without going to drastic and it didn't really help. Anyone got any suggestions for this? I know the whole not washing my hair ever sounds kind of nasty but so far it has worked the best but not good enough so far. I must add that when i was in high school (10 years ago) i took accutane for acne. It worked and i have great skin now from it but as long as i can remember my hair has been pretty dry ever since then. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm kind of self conscious of it and i find myself playing with my hair way to much when I go out.

I should also add that the top layer of hair is the least wavy but every layer under that gets curlier and curlier to the point that the most inner or bottom layer looks like it was put in rollers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Knotted ,lifeless and quite long hair [Help] theboggart 0 121 11-06-2016 11:52 AM
Last Post: theboggart
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 3 445 10-26-2016 11:53 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
Wink How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut zuburaika 6 7,369 09-11-2016 04:33 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  New hairstyle, long hair to ...? philippe_lopes 0 325 09-08-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: philippe_lopes