Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long wavy fringe hair with undercut, help with new hairstyle?
04-23-2015, 12:16 AM
Long wavy fringe hair with undercut, help with new hairstyle?
I've had the same hairstyle ever since I was a kid and am thinking about changing it up a bit. I really like this wavy fringe undercut hairstyle with long hair in this picture, and I'm wondering if anybody knows if the style has a name or if anybody can supply pictures of the same thing from different angles.

I've never used any kind of product before so I'm curious with my hair if there's a type of shampoo I could use to make my hair just a little wavier/curlier or if i should just get wax or something. Would my hair work with this style? Any help would be awesome!

The wavy fringe hairstyle that I've been looking at:

[Image: uylD5an.jpg]

My apologies to moderators for posting links. I tried embedding the photos with the picture tags but they are still counted as clickable links and it wouldn't let me post. If this is fixed I'll edit it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2015, 09:00 AM
Use some hair mousse to get wavy hair for your long fringe Undercut hairstyle!
I edited your post slightly to reflect the sort of hairstyle idea that you're after, since that picture which you posted is indeed a fringe hairstyle with medium to long hair. It's a very easy hairstyle to get and the only problem is getting the length right for the hair on the top.

As for what hair products will make your hair wavier or curlier, the answer is a hair mousse product. A hair mousse will accentuate any wavy shape that you may have on your hair, which is why we always recommend the use of a good hair mousse for curly-haired guys (whether they have wavy hair or kinky curly hair).

For a good and affordable hair mousse product, see our listed recommended hair products for men and browse down (within the first post) to where you see the "best hair mousse" title. That's the hair mousse that you want to use for this purpose. Likewise, I can see that the guy in the picture with the fringe hairstyle has used a hair dryer to give some oomph and tousled look to his wavy fringe. While not essential, you may want to also use a hair dryer when styling your wavy fringe hair; you can find some great hair dryers for men in the link that I posted above for our recommended men's hair products.

As for the type of wavy fringe haircut to get, you should have the hair on the sides and back of you head cut into a long Undercut haircut or a long taper haircut, whichever you choose will work perfectly for this particular men's hairstyle. It's the hair length at the top that's the issue, as you need at least 5 inches of hair length to grow that kind of wavy fringe style. Basically, your hair on the front of your head (i.e. the forelock) should be able to reach your nose to be able to pull such a long fringe.

If you already have the hair length needed, then all that you need to get is (as described above) either a long Undercut haircut or a long taper haircut. Simply say those words to your barber or hairdresser and he/she will know what it is that you want to get on the sides and back of your head.

I've upgraded your account so that you can post and embed pictures freely. If you want to post pictures of your current hair as you probably had planned initially, then feel free to do so in order to get some more feedback by other forum barbers and forum members (or myself)! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 11,071 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  How long to grow medium afro hairstyle for wavy hair? R.mendez099 1 390 07-30-2016 01:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyboiJ21
  Help for growing out wavy voluminous hair! M.R88 0 257 07-21-2016 03:26 AM
Last Post: M.R88
  Long Curly Hairstyles For Men Guide with Pictures Gallery TheMensHairForum 2 699 06-11-2016 11:39 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum