Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long thick straight Asian hair collapsing 0 0
Long thick straight Asian hair collapsing
12-05-2018, 12:32 AM
Long thick straight Asian hair collapsing
Hi All,

So to start off, currently I have thick, straight Asian hair which easily becomes oily. It is about 6-7 inches in the front, 2-3 inches in the sides and 2 inches in the back (cut around the perimeter, in a side part). The side and back lays down fine, but the problem I have is that the front hair often collapses when I look slightly down (or even forward) which is obviously very frustrating when eating or playing sports, and is also blown into a very annoying mess when the wind is somewhat strong. I have tried hair wax and pomade in the past but the application is messy and the hold doesn’t last very long (as well as leaving the hair have a strange texture and very oily). Perhaps growing out the sides out a bit more and pushing it back would make it a bit more manageable. Would this be a viable option, and are there any hair products that would be able to secure the hair in place? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Use a very-strong hair gel and a hairstyling spray to keep your thick hair styled!
Asian males with straight hair tend to have thicker-than-average hair strands, which compounds the issue of the hair hanging down and low; this is because, the thicker the hair is, the heavier it is. Likewise, at 6 inches of hair length on the front, that's a lot of hair weight being held on the forelock. Ergo, the issues that you're experiencing.

If you want your hair to not dangle, you're going to have to use an extra-strong hair gel and/or a hair spray. Growing out the sides won't really help and you'll find the sides dangling too once they get to 6 inches of length anyway.

Assuming you're after a side part hairstyle, then style your side part with THIS hair gel which will keep the hair held in place. Then, use THIS hair spray once you've finished styling the hair so as to further secure the hair.

Ideally, you should be using a hair dryer to dry your hair when you've styled it with the hair gel. This is so as to speed up the sticking of the hair with the hair gel. Otherwise (if you don't have a hair dryer), leave 2 to 3 minutes of your side-parted hair with the recommended hair gel to air dry, and then spray some of the recommended hair spray across the side-parted hair. If you're interested in buying a very-affordable good hair dryer (it will be very useful to you for other styles too), then get THIS one.

The above advice is bread and butter for folks like yourself who have thick straight hair at a long length (6 inches of hair length is long). Side-parted styles or those requiring that your hair stay in place must follow such a hair-product regime as I've outlined to you earlier.

Hope that helps!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-05-2018, 03:24 PM
RE: Long thick straight Asian hair collapsing
Basically what admin replied above. It's a super strong hair gel and hair spray if you want your hair to stay in place. Ditto on the hair dryer if you can use one as it gets the gel working faster. Hair waxes and pomades don't have as much holding power unless you want to use those old ones still being sold that are loaded with wax or dense oils.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What to do with my thick straight hair fgarcia 1 302 09-10-2018 12:11 PM
Last Post: Panther
  Medium straight hair, Would you help me pick a haircut? enzoo 3 1,032 08-25-2018 09:20 AM
Last Post: Saarikk
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 2 1,671 08-25-2018 07:48 AM
Last Post: Saarikk
  Straight to curly hair William011 0 254 07-11-2018 12:26 PM
Last Post: William011