Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Hairstyle Help - Jim Reid Hair Style
05-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Wink Long Hairstyle Help - Jim Reid Hair Style
Hi there, I've become fed up with my current hairstyle and I'm considering going for a hairstyle which is long on the front, while short on the back and sides like the following:

[Image: tumblr_lqi77xhpfG1qjkxjgo1_1280.jpg]

The person is Jim Reid from the band the Jesus and Mary Chain.

As it is my hair goes down to the bottom of my nose on the front, while it is gets shorter on the top. My questions would be what is your opinion on this hairstyle and how would I go about getting my hair like this?

Thanks for any help and keep up the good work on this site.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2015, 09:38 AM
RE: Long Hair Style Help
Please could this thread be moved to the 'Long Hair' section of the forum

Cheers
05-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Hairstyle questions on how to get Jim Red hair!
Welcome!

I've moved the thread to the Long Hair forum section. I've also upgraded your account so that you can post your own pictures.

You're probably looking at some kind of Bobcut hairstyle. This was a hairstyle that was trendy in the 1970s among rockers and the likes. The haircut is very easy and so is very easy to get the hair of Jim Reid. You just need the right hair length and a good haircut.

The best way to go about this is that you upload some pictures of you. You can use free hosting image sites (we recommend ImGur as it's very easy to upload pictures there).

A few questions for which we need the answers too:
  • How long is your hair? If you don't know your hair length, then check our hair length guide.
  • What is your hair type? If you don't know your hair type, then check our hair type guide.
  • How old are you and do you have receding lines?
The above together with your pictures will help to figure out how to do Jim Red's hair style. You just need the right haircut (via your hair length) and the right hair type.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-12-2015, 12:06 PM
RE: Long Hairstyle Help - Jim Reid Hair Style
Thanks for your response!

Unfortunately I do not have access to a camera at the moment but I can answer the questions. According to the guide, my hair is currently medium length on top and short length on the sides although I have made the decision to grow it out to get this hairstyle. After checking the hair types guide I would say my hair is straight but it can be wavy on the front once I have applied products to it and styled it. I currently have a messy quiff hairstyle if this helps. And finally I'm in my teens and receding lines do not seem to be a problem at this stage (hopefully my hair will grow quicker due to my age).

Thanks for all your help
05-13-2015, 12:56 PM
I would also like to know how long it would take to grow my hair to this length and what products would be required

Thanks
05-14-2015, 07:57 AM
You'll achieve Jim Reid's hair style in 2 to 4 months but you need good products!
The hair length of Jim Reid's hair seems to be very close to what is considered a long hair length (over 6 inches), although I would say his hair is 5 inches long, which would only take you 2 to 4 months to achieve since your hair length is also of a medium length.

Indeed, growing out your hair longer until you achieve 5 inches of hair length is a good idea. This way, you can simply go to the barber and ask him or her for a haircut and you're done. Likewise, you can ask your barber or hairdresser for feedback on the hair style of Jim Red so that he or she cuts your hair exactly like you show it on any pictures that you take to the barbershop of Jim Red's hair.

One thing I missed on my first reply is that Jim Reid's hair is cut as a taper haircut on the sides and back of the head, which is even greater news, as it means that all you need is the hair on the top of your head to achieve 5 inches of length, regardless of how long the hair on your sides and back is. Most guys have some kind of taper haircut so it would be very easy for your barber or hairdresser to give you the short taper haircut of Jim Reid's messy hairstyle.

If you can measure your hair with a ruler, we'd be able to better tell you how long you have left to achieve his hair length. But, as an estimation without knowing your hair length and just that it is of a medium length, I'd say that you'll need between 2 to 4 months. If you really want to get to that hair length as fast as possible, then make sure to go through our linked discussion on hair growth nutrients for male hair as we go over all the nutrients needed to optimize hair growth in men as well as the best supplements for men's hair.

With regards to the messy styling of Jim Reid's hairstyle, all you will need is a matte hair wax and some hair spray. The actual styling is done with your fingers only, and considering that you have straight to wavy hair, it will be very easy for you to achieve Jim Reid's hairstyle once you've gotten his same hair length.

Go through our list of recommended men's hair products and browse down a little in the page (within the first post) to find the sections labeled as "Best hair wax" and "Best hair spray". You will find in those 2 sections our recommended hair waxes (click on the TIGI wax under the "Best hair wax" section) and hair spray which will work perfectly to achieve the messy hair of Jim Reid. You can purchase the 2 products now and start practicing the tousling and messing up of your hair so as to recreate that messy hair style of Jim Reid.

In any case, bookmark that linked thread above with the list of recommended men's hair products as it will be of great use to you any time that you want to buy hair products that are of great quality and that have been used or are being used by forum members themselves.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Thank you very much for the detailed and informative reply.

This information is very good news to me. I have measured my hair and it is around 5.5 inches on the front although it is shorter behind the front of the hair so I will have to wait longer, although I am willing to get this hairstyle because it is something different and is cool. I will follow your recommendations and see how I get on.

One question I will ask is would it be beneficial to maintain the sideburns and neckline myself at home?

Thanks again for the reply. The quality and detail of the information is what has brought me to this site time and time again. Best regards
05-15-2015, 07:44 AM
Hair clipper and hair products for Jim Reid Hair Style.
(05-14-2015 11:41 AM)Minfast Wrote:  One question I will ask is would it be beneficial to maintain the sideburns and neckline myself at home?

Thanks again for the reply. The quality and detail of the information is what has brought me to this site time and time again. Best regards.

Absolutely, you can trim the sideburns yourself with a good hair clipper. Have a look at our extensive discussion on hair clippers for men as we've recommended some excellent hair clippers with different price points that will suit different budgets. Having a good hair clipper a home is a great option as you have total control of how you want your hair to look.

As for the neck hairline, you too can do it at home. To maintain the shape of the hairline, simply use a good shaving razor and either do it yourself (while looking in the mirror) or have someone else do it for you. It will take you or whoever dos it 30 seconds to shave your neck's hairline.

You can use any type of shaving razor to keep your neckline squared and clean. I've gone in the following linked post through a set of good shaving razors as well as head clipper to use for head shaving. You may find this post useful as the linked products are the ones that will also help you a lot in both keeping your sideburns trimmed and neckline shaved as well as in keeping the hair on the top trimmed to the length that you want without having to visit the barbershop for a small trim.

You really only need to visit the barbershop or hair salon to get a new taper haircut. The rest of your haircut's maintenance can easily be done with a good hair clipper, a good razor and a good pair of scissors (i.e. shears).

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Knotted ,lifeless and quite long hair [Help] theboggart 0 139 11-06-2016 11:52 AM
Last Post: theboggart
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 3 476 10-26-2016 11:53 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
Wink How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut zuburaika 6 7,479 09-11-2016 04:33 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  New hairstyle, long hair to ...? philippe_lopes 0 334 09-08-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: philippe_lopes