Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List some good shaving creams for men please
01-11-2014, 08:19 AM
List some good shaving creams for men please
Hey guys so am new to the art of shaving so to speak and until not that long ago I just used a generic shaving cream without contemplating which brands i buy and what not. My experience with shaving creams for safety razors & str8 razors has not been very good as they either left my face irritated after shaving or they dried up my skin or they left a film of invisible "grease" that took several soap washings to remove.
What would you say are some good shaving creams for men you could recommend or list so we have a reference? not looking for the "best" shaving cream, jut one that does the job good enough and provides premium quality. At this point i am willing to pay for quality as am tired of cheap shaving creams and foams.
Thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 08:39 AM by Alex.)
RE: List some good shaving creams for men please
sorry i should have been more specific: a good shaving cream for safety razors...
01-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Alex, if you are looking to upgrade your shaving experience and do it the traditional way, then choosing the right shaving cream is essential. And yes, you will experience a major difference in results by using a premium shaving cream than from using a generic or "supermarket aisle" shaving cream.

For traditional shaving, a shaving cream that creates a thick, soft and rich lather is essential. The best creams only need a small amount to produce enough lather for shaving so the shaving cream as a product will last you months, at least the good ones. For all these reasons, premium shaving creams are pricier than low cost creams, but price should not put you off if you think for the long term and the better results obtained with a premium shaving cream.

I would recommend you the following:
  • This Sandalwood shaving cream: whips up a thick and creamy lather and you can even take the cream with the badger brush straight from the bowl and just lather the cream on your face! Smile Has a classic scent but some people report it to be too strong (I didn't, but I like classic scents)
  • This sensitive-skin shaving cream: it produces a rich lather with a very small amount although play around with the amount you want produced for the lather. You can use it without a badger brush too although using a badger gives you a much creamier lather. Will last you months.
  • This classic shaving cream: British imported, this is an oldschool shaving cream with a classic scent and all the goodies of a high end premium, including a creamy and rich lather. The packaging is also very classic and stylish.

Try any of the above 3 shaving creams, they are all bestsellers at Amazon so you really cannot go wrong in terms of premium quality with them. Your personal favorite will vary depending on subjective traits so read more on each shaving cream by clicking each of the links and get the one that fits your needs the most. But, like I say, those 3 shaving creams are a assurance of high quality and "you get what you pay" for Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-28-2014, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2014 11:33 AM by JaimeSpain.)
(01-11-2014 11:23 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Alex, if you are looking to upgrade your shaving experience and do it the traditional way, then choosing the right shaving cream is essential. And yes, you will experience a major difference in results by using a premium shaving cream than from using a generic or "supermarket aisle" shaving cream.

For traditional shaving, a shaving cream that creates a thick, soft and rich lather is essential. The best creams only need a small amount to produce enough lather for shaving so the shaving cream as a product will last you months, at least the good ones. For all these reasons, premium shaving creams are pricier than low cost creams, but price should not put you off if you think for the long term and the better results obtained with a premium shaving cream.

I would recommend you the following:
  • This Sandalwood shaving cream: whips up a thick and creamy lather and you can even take the cream with the badger brush straight from the bowl and just lather the cream on your face! Smile Has a classic scent but some people report it to be too strong (I didn't, but I like classic scents)

here in Spain it is very difficult to find special shaving creams of good quality because everything I find for mens products is from the supermarket like Gillette or Wilkinson and dont like them Tongue
Amazon for me is like my local shopping center jaja because so many products there and not in Spain! today i purchased the sandalwood shaving cream because i like classic smell and to cover face with thick shaving foam. Maybe next time i get another of the options in this thread or maybe get more not only one, but today i also purchase safety razor and many blades from amazon when I got this shaving cream + other hair products from another thread jaja big shopping!
My bank love me because i use credit card too much jaja Big Grin
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Review of Braun CoolTec CT5cc Mens Shaving System Kit A London Barber 0 84 10-26-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: A London Barber
Question Electric shaver vs. wet shaving razor? Pros and Cons discussion Stevens 12 4,752 10-07-2016 11:45 AM
Last Post: Joseph.davidson
  Schick Quattro review: Titanium shaving razor for men The Hairstylist 0 107 10-05-2016 01:57 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Shaver as good as a razor darrelj 0 437 01-15-2016 09:57 PM
Last Post: darrelj