Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Layrite Superhold Pomade review.. My 2 cents
03-23-2015, 11:36 PM
Layrite Superhold Pomade review.. My 2 cents
As my hair is getting longer I bought the pomade that the admin recommended for my specific hairstyle that Im going for(pompadour/Slick back). The product itself is orange and smells nice. I put a dab on damp hair and the hold is amazing. I have very thick hair/straight hair that doesn't want to sit down. A little bit of this product will go a long way. It really helps hold even my hair and gives it a wet look when applied to damp hair which is what I was going for. It holds like a wax but doesn't feel too greasy either. The best part is when you want to take it out, it doesn't require multiple washes. It will wash out just like gel( as it says on the tub). The price is a little on the expensive side for a little tub. I paid 17 bucks for it. But a little goes a long way for this product and will last u a while. This truly is a very good product and definitely worth the price. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2015, 07:00 AM
Great review of Layrite Deluxe Superhold Pomade!
Thanks for the review!

Indeed, that pomade is great for holding volume hairstyles with slick. It's basically the easier-to-wash subtitute of the oldschool pomades from the 1950s (e.g. what Elvis Presley used for his quiff hairstyles!).

I'm glad that it worked for you, and I agree with what you've said about the amount to use. The slicked-style hair products only need a couple of fingertips to work on all the hair.

Have you also used the Suavecito pomade that we recommend? It's another pomade that works well for slicking but with less hold. Imagine the hairstyle of Jimmy Darmory when his slicked back hair is loose (see the link for this hairstyle).

Once you try a pomade and see what it does compared to the regular hair gels and styling waxes, you become a greaser for life! Smile

Keep us updated with how you fare with other products if you try them!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-29-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Layrite Superhold Pomade review.. My 2 cents
(03-24-2015 07:00 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Thanks for the review!

Indeed, that pomade is great for holding volume hairstyles with slick. It's basically the easier-to-wash subtitute of the oldschool pomades from the 1950s (e.g. what Elvis Presley used for his quiff hairstyles!).

I'm glad that it worked for you, and I agree with what you've said about the amount to use. The slicked-style hair products only need a couple of fingertips to work on all the hair.

Have you also used the Suavecito pomade that we recommend? It's another pomade that works well for slicking but with less hold. Imagine the hairstyle of Jimmy Darmory when his slicked back hair is loose (see the link for this hairstyle).

Once you try a pomade and see what it does compared to the regular hair gels and styling waxes, you become a greaser for life! Smile

Keep us updated with how you fare with other products if you try them!

I will Smile yeah i just experimented with putting it in my hair at different dampness levels and I feel that really affects how this product will look in your hair depending on when you put it in.
04-02-2015, 06:35 AM
Hey bro this Layrite pomade review is very useful to me as I also have straight thick hair.

I don't know if this is any different but I have the classic Asian Chinese hair. The type of hair that stands up like a brush when it's in a buzz cut. Would you still recommend that Layrite pomade for someone who has hair that wants to stand up instead of drop down?

Do you also have the same problem as mine where your hair when cut into a buzz cut stands up like a brush? If so, how did you overcome this to use the Layrite pomade for slicking your hair?

The more time I spend on the forum searching the huge threads and learning, the more I ask! Big Grin This forum is way too awesome for mens hair to not take the opportunity to ask questions. I would be very thankful if you could reply to my questions or if anyone else would.

I don't want to drive this thread off topic so my questions are related to how to use the Layrite pomade with thick straight hair. If you would recommend it for me and if there is anything else that I can do with the pomade to get my hair to drop down and to be slicked.
04-02-2015, 02:50 PM
(04-02-2015 06:35 AM)US Asian Wrote:  Hey bro this Layrite pomade review is very useful to me as I also have straight thick hair.

I don't know if this is any different but I have the classic Asian Chinese hair. The type of hair that stands up like a brush when it's in a buzz cut. Would you still recommend that Layrite pomade for someone who has hair that wants to stand up instead of drop down?

Do you also have the same problem as mine where your hair when cut into a buzz cut stands up like a brush? If so, how did you overcome this to use the Layrite pomade for slicking your hair?

The more time I spend on the forum searching the huge threads and learning, the more I ask! Big Grin This forum is way too awesome for mens hair to not take the opportunity to ask questions. I would be very thankful if you could reply to my questions or if anyone else would.

I don't want to drive this thread off topic so my questions are related to how to use the Layrite pomade with thick straight hair. If you would recommend it for me and if there is anything else that I can do with the pomade to get my hair to drop down and to be slicked.

My hair is pretty thick and dense so I know what u mean. I would recommend it for all the slick back hairstyle if you are trying to achieve it. This product is used in barbershops all over the world I would highly recommend it. You can also YouTube layrite super g ml hold to get more information on it. It's a little expensive but so much better than all the cheap pomades and gels out there
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,051 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 609 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ponz Grooming hair pomade opinions and experience vicktor.j 0 180 06-13-2016 10:04 AM
Last Post: vicktor.j
  Need recommendations for a pomade Dreadedone 0 361 04-27-2016 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dreadedone