Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade REVIEW 5 3
Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade REVIEW
08-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Layrite versus American Crew pomade
(08-02-2014 11:55 PM)ohmyholy Wrote:  So I assume this Layrite and suavecito pomade has a much higher hold than american crew pomade?

Yes, get the Layrite pomade.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 09:05 AM
RE: Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade REVIEW
Even if this is expensive it's totally worth the money! I got one last year and loved it!
08-27-2014, 10:06 AM
This is going be my next product.
09-11-2014, 01:41 AM
thanks for the info, ive got the Layrite Deluxe (yellow can) myself
12-20-2014, 03:13 AM
Is applying this pomade on dry hair going to give it a matte finish ?
12-22-2014, 04:12 PM
(12-20-2014 03:13 AM)ductrunggg Wrote:  Is applying this pomade on dry hair going to give it a matte finish ?

No, you should still have your hair a little damp. Either use a water spray to spray your hair (kind of like the one hairdressers and barbers use when cutting your hair) before applying the Layrite pomade or wet your hair and then towel dry it or blow dry it until it is close to being fully dry, and only then apply and style your hair with the pomade.

About the water spray, you can make yourself one very easily by re-using any home cleaning liquid spray bottle, but make sure to first clean the bottle and ensure there is no cleaning liquid residue left over!
01-05-2015, 10:47 PM
is it good for longer hair
02-15-2015, 09:55 AM
Love Layrite. The only thing I'm not to keen about is the residue on pillow.
03-19-2015, 06:53 AM
What type of Layrite pomade are you using to go to bed with?
(02-15-2015 09:55 AM)Art0308 Wrote:  Love Layrite. The only thing I'm not to keen about is the residue on pillow.

Are you having that issue of residue on the pillow with the water-based Layrite pomade that was reviewed in this thread (at the start of the page)? Or are you using the older oil-based pomades from Layrite?

The issue of residue can affect water-based pomades, but it's the oil-based pomades that really leave a lot of residue behind and which I highly recommend to wash away at night prior to going to bed. In the case of water based pomades and especially the one from Layrite, going to bed with the pomade still on the hair isn't so much of an issue, and some forum members go to bed with the Layrite pomade just fine.

Likewise, is it not possible for you to have a quick shower prior to going to bed? It's the heavy-residue men's hair products that are recommended to wash away prior to going to sleep (mostly oil-based pomades and heavy styling wax products).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-13-2015, 08:45 AM
IMHO the only problem with sleeping with pomade is the greasy pillow. The hair will not suffer if you leave in the (petrolatum based) pomade. In fact, these products are meant to not to be washed out. The Murray's Superior pomade will stay in for days even if you use shampoo.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Staff Review of The Men’s Hair Book by Rogelio Samson Jurgen 24 19,978 09-20-2018 09:39 AM
Last Post: RomanAct
  TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Work Wax REVIEW Jurgen 14 44,199 02-09-2017 06:42 PM
Last Post: portraitofcurcelli
  Andis Ceramic BGR+ Professional Hair Clipper Detachable REVIEW Barber 5 8,962 12-19-2013 12:11 PM
Last Post: imane
  Conair 225NP Comfort Touch Tourmaline Ceramic 1875-Watt Hair Dryer review Jurgen 4 4,286 05-29-2013 07:41 PM
Last Post: Alex