Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade REVIEW
09-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade REVIEW
This is a hair product review for Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade. The Layrite pomade promises to be washed with water easy and have a good hold similar to wax. I used the 4 ounce pomade and it falls under water pomades.
I found the washing of the pomade to be true, it is removed easier than other hair pomades like many of you know hair pomade is greasy and sometimes hard to remove, the Layrite SUper Hold Deluxe Pomade (check it in the link) was easier to remove so it is a + from me.
The hold of the pomade is good, more like a wax so you can shape your short hairstyles. This Layrite pomade is not for loose hairstyles like undercuts, it is more for side combed hairstyles or flat classic hairstyles like a businessman hairstyle or styling an Ivy league.
The smell is good, smells like the smell of when you enter a barbershop, classic smell great for classic hairstyles.
Good price pomade, I recommend the Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade Smile great price from Amazon (see next post)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2013, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2013 11:22 PM by Jurgen.)
RE: Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade REVIEW
Reserved for FAQs

Where to buy the Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade?

You can get this Layrite pomade from Amazon easy and cheap, click here to see it and buy it in Amazon
09-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Awesome first hair product review Jurgen!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-19-2013, 12:16 PM
cool, gonna try it
12-24-2013, 09:25 AM
good review, I am really interested in Layrite, but it is so expensive. I think that I will try something a little less expensive first.
01-02-2014, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 02:04 PM by Alex.)
(09-22-2013 11:21 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  Reserved for FAQs

You can get this Layrite pomade from Amazon easy and cheap, click here to see it and buy it in Amazon

Luv the review of the pomade Jorgen Smile you mention undercuts but what about having a slick back undercut style??
Thanks!
01-02-2014, 04:42 PM
(01-02-2014 02:03 PM)Alex Wrote:  
(09-22-2013 11:21 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  Reserved for FAQs

Luv the review of the pomade Jorgen Smile you mention undercuts but what about having a slick back undercut style??
Thanks!

If you want your slicked back hairstyle to be locked without any hair moving, the go with the Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade. If instead you want to leave some volume for your slicked back and allow some movement of the hair, then go with this other hair pomade.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-26-2014, 07:38 PM
This pomade sounds like just the product Im looking for.

Thanks for the review
04-15-2014, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 09:01 PM by worsthairever.)
Thanks for the great review. I'm growing my hair long at the moment for a specific reason, but if I ever can go back to short hair again I will definitely use this. I added it to my amazon.com wishlist . Thanks again :-)
06-08-2014, 01:23 AM
Thank you for the review! I need to grow my hair out a bit more before using any kinda pomade.
06-08-2014, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 11:53 AM by ReapeR.)
Nice review. Are the washable pomades water-only washable? Or you still have to use shampoo? And is it bad to sleep without totaly removing it?
06-08-2014, 12:26 PM
(06-08-2014 11:52 AM)ReapeR Wrote:  Nice review. Are the washable pomades water-only washable? Or you still have to use shampoo? And is it bad to sleep without totaly removing it?

You should still remove them with shampoo if possible. "Water based" or "water soluble" is just a fancy name for "this pomade is not a PITA to remove like the old-school oil pomades". Just use a small amount of shampoo and your fingers as per the No Shampoo method in The Men's Hair Book if you are using water-based pomades like the Layrite pomade that Jurgen reviewed (be aware that other Layrite pomades are oil based!).

If using oil-based pomades, then you should really be using the shampoo every night and ideally using a clarifying shampoo as also explained in The Men's Hair Book (and as we cover in the men's shampoo discussion where all shampoo types are described!).

06-08-2014, 12:38 PM
(06-08-2014 12:26 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  If using oil-based pomades, then you should really be using the shampoo every night and ideally using a clarifying shampoo as also explained in The Men's Hair Book (and as we cover in the men's shampoo discussion where all shampoo types are described!).

I read somewhere on the internet that sleeping with pomade on hair is not an issue. Using shampoo everyday is worse dont u think? Either way everyone who uses oil-based pomade is doomed then?
06-08-2014, 12:50 PM
(06-08-2014 12:38 PM)ReapeR Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 12:26 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  If using oil-based pomades, then you should really be using the shampoo every night and ideally using a clarifying shampoo as also explained in The Men's Hair Book (and as we cover in the men's shampoo discussion where all shampoo types are described!).

I read somewhere on the internet that sleeping with pomade on hair is not an issue. Using shampoo everyday is worse dont u think? Either way everyone who uses oil-based pomade is doomed then?

You can sleep with pomade on your hair if you want; that's not the issue. The issue is finding a balance between how frequently you want to shampoo your hair and how frequently you want to use products that leave residue behind. In the case of oil pomades, which are hardly used nowadays by the younger crowd, the benefit of shampooing every night outweighs the benefit of not shampooing. In fact, we don't recommend the use of oil pomades daily because of the issue of having to shampoo everyday.

There is no dooming involved. The benefit of cutting down on shampoo is to allow for the hair to benefit from one's own sebum and avoiding possible scalp irritation which can worsen dandruff. Hair that is successfully coated in sebum will look thicker, glossier and feel smoother. So it's up to each one whether they prefer to style their hair with a heavy pomade as the oil ones are and have to shampoo it out or go with lighter products and not have to shampoo as frequently.

06-08-2014, 01:04 PM
I should have asked before placing my order... Anyway thx for the advice!
06-08-2014, 01:11 PM
(06-08-2014 01:04 PM)ReapeR Wrote:  I should have asked before placing my order... Anyway thx for the advice!

Don't worry, the Layrite pomade is a great pomade and you can use it without having to shampoo as frequently. It's only with the oil-based pomades that you will find issues with residue if not shampooing every night. Did you purchase this Layrite pomade though (Superhold Deluxe) or did you purchase an oil-based one?

As said, if you purchased the Layrite pomade in this review by Jurgen (Super Hold Deluxe), you will be fine Smile

06-08-2014, 01:34 PM
(06-08-2014 01:11 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 01:04 PM)ReapeR Wrote:  I should have asked before placing my order... Anyway thx for the advice!

Don't worry, the Layrite pomade is a great pomade and you can use it without having to shampoo as frequently. It's only with the oil-based pomades that you will find issues with residue if not shampooing every night. Did you purchase this Layrite pomade though (Superhold Deluxe) or did you purchase an oil-based one?

As said, if you purchased the Layrite pomade in this review by Jurgen (Super Hold Deluxe), you will be fine Smile

Thanks for asking, allowing me to complete the 11 posts Cool
I bought the Nu Nile and Devil's Deluxe, both containing Petrolatum. And I found out that ordinary shampoos cant get the job done no matter how hard I try. Now I have to sleep with it on. And I applied pomade many times trying to learn how to use it in the past 2 days :/
06-08-2014, 02:00 PM
(06-08-2014 01:34 PM)ReapeR Wrote:  Thanks for asking, allowing me to complete the 11 posts Cool
I bought the Nu Nile and Devil's Deluxe, both containing Petrolatum. And I found out that ordinary shampoos cant get the job done no matter how hard I try. Now I have to sleep with it on. And I applied pomade many times trying to learn how to use it in the past 2 days :/

Oh, I see. Well, that's what this forum is for, giving you the right answers! However, I would still not call it a loss. You can use those 2 petrolatum-based pomades (aka oil-based pomades) you bought but, if you want to cut down on your shampoo frequency, just use those 2 pomades for special hairstyling occasions (say, for example, for when you go out to a nightclub).

For regular day to day hairstyling, either use the Layrite Super Hold pomade in this review or use this Suavecito pomade (also water-based). The Suavecito pomade gives a shine-less wet effect look while the Layrite pomade gives a shinier sleek look (like a classic high-shine oil-based pomade). Both the Layrite pomade and the Suavecito water-based pomade in the link are the ones that we recommend (to always have) for a clean look with the same properties of oil-based pomades except for the PITA that it is to remove oil-based pomades!

If you can't get a hold of the Layrite pomade or Suavecito pomade (or any other water-based pomade) and you still want to use those 2 pomades you bought on a daily bais, then try to use as little as possible for your regular days (e.g. when you go to school/work) and then on special days like on a date, special event or clubbing, you use as much of the pomades as you want.

A good thing would be to open your own thread over at the Blogging section of the forum as I mentioned in your introduction thread. In that thread you create, you can post pictures and results of the products (including pomades) that you try and we can give you feedback based on your pictures and experience so that you get to finally choose the best pomade for you to use long term (which is probably not just one pomade but 2 or 3 different pomades with each giving a different finish!).

06-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the info!
08-02-2014, 11:55 PM
So I assume this Layrite and suavecito pomade has a much higher hold than american crew pomade?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Staff Review of The Men’s Hair Book by Rogelio Samson Jurgen 23 13,946 07-07-2015 01:18 PM
Last Post: Bradley
  TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Work Wax REVIEW Jurgen 13 35,119 01-14-2015 10:34 PM
Last Post: shahrukhch1
  Andis Ceramic BGR+ Professional Hair Clipper Detachable REVIEW Barber 5 6,974 12-19-2013 12:11 PM
Last Post: imane
  Conair 225NP Comfort Touch Tourmaline Ceramic 1875-Watt Hair Dryer review Jurgen 4 3,097 05-29-2013 07:41 PM
Last Post: Alex