Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOOKING FOR ADJUSTABLE BALDING CLIPPER 0 0
LOOKING FOR ADJUSTABLE BALDING CLIPPER
10-30-2018, 06:28 AM
LOOKING FOR ADJUSTABLE BALDING CLIPPER
Hey!

I've read through so many forums looking for the info i need but can't find, its quite specific.

I keep my hair in a very short bald fade. i use Wahl balding clippers on the back and sides which i believe is 0.4 mm, then wahl super taper on the top, without a comb with the lever on the longest which is i believe 0.8.

I have 2 issues. 1 is that i have thick case afro carribean hair and with these two i can't get the transition clean. i use the taper lever but the lowest setting doesnt meet the length the balding clipper leaves and its a noticeable line so i need to use my beard trimmer to blend. so thats three trimmers! ti doesn't take long but its annoying and i have to keep unplugging and plugging when i move between. its also really inconvenient and especially as i travel for work a lot and like to keep its short and neat so it means carrying these all around.

So I'm looking for one trimmer that can cut as short as 0.4mm up to a number max, ideally with a cordless option.

Anyone have any ideas?

I found this one from Andis called Andis LCL Easy Clip trimmer -

But then i realised it was for dogs! Confused I'm not sure if that is suitable for human hair/heads?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2018, 11:24 AM
RE: LOOKING FOR ADJUSTABLE BALDING CLIPPER
As a black barber to me, Andis is among the best brands especially for cordless hair clippers. I really recommend you get the BGR+ model which was reviewed on this forum too and has the link on where to buy it. This is the review which also tells you where to buy it: http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...ble-REVIEW

This really is one of the best cordless hair clippers around. Not cheap but so well worth getting so read the review as it tells you everything about it. I see what you mean of having a hard time dealing with three different clippers in your case. Best to get a good one from the start that will allow you to get the fading just right. Wahl as a brand of hair clippers is good but it ain't Andis or Oster 'level great'.

Dog hair clippers can be used to cut mens hair. Main differences is that dog hair clippers are usually more powerful, don't have as much of a fine range of guiding combs, and they're also noisier than human hair clippers. Dog hair clippers are really tough clippers though especially anything from Andis. This brand knows how to make super durable hair clippers for mens hair or anything to do with hair.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Wahl Clipper 5537n- ID for screw jaw52284 0 605 01-26-2017 08:00 AM
Last Post: jaw52284
  Andis Phat Master hair trimmer opinions vs Fade Master clipper Bryan USA 1 1,049 01-07-2017 06:12 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  using 0.1mm hair clipper / beard trimmer for facial hair shmizan 0 1,511 10-15-2016 09:11 AM
Last Post: shmizan
  Hair and beard trimmer clipper - WAHL HyVriD 1 791 10-07-2016 11:40 AM
Last Post: Joseph.davidson