Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knots in my beard.
10-30-2015, 06:22 AM
Knots in my beard.
Hey guys,

I've been growing a beard for just over 3 months now. I started using beard products a couple of weeks ago, noticed that my beard feels way softer and looks more healthy.

I bought a beard comb a couple of days ago since I got the feeling that I've got allot of knots in my beard. I have curly hair and for some reason I had to get a curly beard as well, don't mind the curly beard just all the knots.

The first use of the comb was really hard, was a struggle to go through all the hairs (use the comb in combination with beard oil). After 2 day it became better and easier, I take it easy and try not to damage any hairs.

Will this get any better and easier after my beard is all healthy? Or do I need to do it differently? Or is this just a phase with my beard?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: Knots in my beard.
The longer your hair gets, especially if it's thick and curly, the more knots you'll notice. Conditioner or beard oil helps for sure. It's usually easier to comb out knots from wet hair with use of oil. Use a wide-tooth comb. If your beard is dry you can use a bristle brush. Don't use a bristle brush on wet hair because it can create split ends.
02-29-2016, 10:34 AM
It should get better in due time, however like mentioned above, the longer the hair gets, the more knots you are going to encounter.
03-10-2016, 12:14 PM
What beard products do you use specifically?
Do you condition your beard as well???

Like mentioned before, the longer the hair gets, the higher the chance it will have to get tangeled.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What beard trimmer? Hublocker 0 68 11-21-2016 04:42 PM
Last Post: Hublocker
  Can I grow skyrim beard Skyrimbeard 1 135 11-15-2016 11:47 AM
Last Post: Cemmos
  Patch in beard Zaryhf 0 207 10-15-2016 02:25 AM
Last Post: Zaryhf
  Facial hair and beard styles stereotypes in the media - Report The Hairstylist 0 202 10-09-2016 09:07 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist