Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kit Harington Hairstyles and Curly Hair Pictures - Mane Inspiration!
04-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Kit Harington Hairstyles and Curly Hair Pictures - Mane Inspiration!
Kit Harington is a curly dude who plays Jon Snow in The Games of Thrones. Below are pictures of Kit Harington curly hair. He usually wears his curls at a medium length to long length, and according to our hair type guide, Kit Harington's curls would be of a wavy nature.

Harington actually represents curly men very well as he wears his curls in a hanging locks style whereby his curly mane is in a natural style but under control, so to speak. This is a look that Rogelio highly recommends to curly hair men in the bestseller The Curly Hair Book and which we also recommend to men with curls. In fact, Kit Harington is to be featured in our Celebrity Men's Hairstyles forum section because he can serve as inspiration to those of you curly guys who are still somewhat undecided as to whether to grow your curls or not Smile

Kit Harington hairstyles for his curly hair
As said, Harington usually wears his waves and coils in a very natural style at a medium length, with some parting of the curls at the forelock to clear the face from any locks. At medium to short lengths, he likes either a slicked back hairstyle or a messy hairstyle with volume.

Hanging locks

The hanging locks hairstyle was a hairstyle coined by mens hair expert Rogelio in his book The Curly Hair Book. It is a hairstyle that really suits curly men and which is achieved by simply weighing down the curls at a long length. For wavy hair, a length of 6 inches (in extended position) will be enough to be weighed down by a styling cream and thus achieve the hanging locks style.

The styling cream that we recommend to weigh down wavy hair and curly hair types is this styling cream. With this styling cream, you will not have to wait a much longer time until your wavy locks hang down as the linked styling cream will moisturize your wavy/curly mane and weigh the hair down with the added moisture. And on top of that, this styling cream is excellent to fight frizzy wavy hair and get good curl definition Smile

[Image: Kit_Harington_BAFTA_2012.png]

[Image: Kit_Harington_2011_cropped.jpg]

Side part

Doing a side part for curly hair isn't similar to how you'd do it with straight hair. For starters, a side part hairstyle with curly hair should be done with the fingers alone, and a wide-tooth comb may be used for retouching the parting and/or giving direction to the curls. Aim to use your fingers to give the side part its overall shape.

A good hair mousse like this one here is a great hair styling product for doing a side part with curly hair.

[Image: 680px-Kit_Harrington_%289350745314%29_%28cropped%29.jpg]

[Image: MV5BMTc2MTM5MTg5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODAx...Y926_.jpeg]

[Image: 84-kit-harington_0.jpeg]

[Image: o-KIT-HARINGTON-facebook.jpg]

[Image: MV5BMTA2NTI0NjYxMTBeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDIx...,314_.jpeg]

[Image: kit-harington-kit-harington-24999477-957-1221.jpeg]

Middle part

A middle part style can also be achieved with wavy hair, but you will need a long hair length (i.e. 6 to 8 inches) for the medium part to work and look aesthetic. Use a wide-tooth comb to get the middle part going on and to give direction to the waves, in the same way you'd do for the side part.

A great wide tooth comb to own for all curly men, from wavy hair to kinky curly hair, is this wide-tooth comb. Use the same hair mousse recommended for the side part to style your middle part too.

[Image: Kit+Harington+06.jpg]

Messy hair

Of course, wavy hair is naturally rebellious and can become messy very fast. However, the trick is to give yourself a sharp messy hairstyle for your wavy hair so that it may look messy but also sharp and clean. You can use the same mousse that we recommend for the casual side part or you may use this organic hair pomade which treats wavy to curly hair very well and accentuates the definition of the waves and coils Smile

[Image: full-kit-harington-1718497215.jpeg]

[Image: Kit-RS-kit-harington-30802633-487-650.jpeg]

Straight hair

As a last hairstyle, all curly men have the option to straighten their hair, and, if you use a good hair straightener, you can achieve some pretty cool hairstyles like the one below in the picture of Kit Harington's straightened hair in a side swept style with pomade.

As said, a good hair straightener (aka flat iron) is essential to achieve a great straightening effect and straight hair texture, so do not be cheap when it comes to a tool like a hair straightener that can burn your hair if you buy a cheap low-quality one. In this forum, we highly recommend this hair straightener for men as it is of a great quality and it will treat your hair nicely without frying it.

[Image: kit-harington-varon-just-jared-01.jpg]

Any questions or comments, post them below Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 10:06 AM
RE: Kit Harington Hairstyles and Curly Hair Pictures - Mane Inspiration!
Modern Slicked Back Hair

Kit Harington is also a great example of a male with curly hair who can get his hair slicked back. I highly recommend to first try the modern slick back in our forum's hairstyle guide (click the link) and then, if you want to, also try the classic version of the slicked back.

When it comes to slicked back curly hair, I recommend you to us the styling cream mentioned earlier for the hanging locks hairstyle. That styling cream will give you hold, gloss and curl definition as your hair is combed and slicked back. You may also use the recommended wide-tooth comb for curly hair that I mentioned for the middle part hairstyle, although try to create your back slicking with the comb first but then finish it off with your fingers.

The picture below is Harington's curly hair in a modern slicked back style:

[Image: 591px-Kit_Harrington_SDCC_2013_%28cropped%29.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Looking good Kit!
05-15-2014, 12:48 PM
His hair is awesome I believe I have a similar hair type.
05-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Got registered solely for this thread! At last i found some guidelines for this guys hairstyle, after reading that his straight hair actually got curly/wavy after growing it out I could totally relate.
I've been growing my hair out for 13 months now, and my once straight hair is now wavy and even curly if i don't brush it. I really don't understand what my hair is, but most people call it wavy. I don't know what to do with it, other than a bun(Which seems to damage my hair...) and this seems to be a good way to wear it, showing of your mane instead of hiding it.

I get a really close match to Kits hair when I apply some hair cream and mouse to my damp hair and scrunch dry it some.

In addition, I've been considering buying a sea water (salt?) spray? Because it really seems to make the hair lighter in weight and thereby making it more curly and unkempt? And top that with some hairspray to keep the hair in place, or would that just take away the wet look? But then again i feel the hair gets less weight when dry and opportunity to get curlier.

I know Momoas hair is different, but I find it quite similar regarding the parting. Think Kits curls would turn into waves if he had his hair at this lenght:

[Image: 0x6VCp6.jpg]
08-29-2014, 06:14 PM
How long would it take me to grow my hair to the length that I could mimic Kit's look? I think my hair type is pretty similar, maybe a tiny bit curlier (but that may be because I haven't ever used products in it when it's longer), but right now its only about 1.5 inches long....

Any ideas on how long this might take to achieve? Thanks!
08-30-2014, 07:47 AM
(08-29-2014 06:14 PM)aMP3d Wrote:  How long would it take me to grow my hair to the length that I could mimic Kit's look? I think my hair type is pretty similar, maybe a tiny bit curlier (but that may be because I haven't ever used products in it when it's longer), but right now its only about 1.5 inches long....

Took me 12 months, from an undercut to grow aprox the same lenght as him(maybe one two cm shorter). Although my side and back is slightly shorter it doesn't show, also note that the curlier the shorter it will look, so depends on how curly your hair is, but i would say let it grow out for at least 12-16 months then have a stylist do her/his wonders and give some tips on how to style.
08-30-2014, 09:03 AM
(08-29-2014 06:14 PM)aMP3d Wrote:  How long would it take me to grow my hair to the length that I could mimic Kit's look? I think my hair type is pretty similar, maybe a tiny bit curlier (but that may be because I haven't ever used products in it when it's longer), but right now its only about 1.5 inches long....

The problem with curly hair (which i know too as a curly!) is that there are two lengths for it. You have the real length whcih is when you pull the hair flat and you have the resting length. These two lengths are called visible and extended in the Mens Hair book actually and it is a really good book to read up on these kind of hair care details for men. I think there is also somewhere in the forum where the two types of hair length for men are explained.

Anyway depending on how curly your hair will be, it will take you more or less time to get to the same hairstyle length of Kit Harington. He looks to have coiled curly hair and about eight inches of extended length but his hair looks shorter than eight inches when you see it in the pictures. This is what the poster above also mentions that he experienced with his curls. All of us curly heads have noticed this annoying fact of having curly hair! Big Grin

If you hair right now is one inch and a half of length, then you have about another year of hair growth to reach the hairstyle of Kit Harington. Mens hair grows between half an inch and three quarters of an inch so that is about one year of extra growth for you. However what is the type of your curls? is it wavy/coiled/kinky?

Elena
09-01-2014, 06:39 PM
(08-30-2014 09:03 AM)ElenaTheBarber Wrote:  

The problem with curly hair (which i know too as a curly!) is that there are two lengths for it. You have the real length whcih is when you pull the hair flat and you have the resting length. These two lengths are called visible and extended in the Mens Hair book actually and it is a really good book to read up on these kind of hair care details for men. I think there is also somewhere in the forum where the two types of hair length for men are explained.

Anyway depending on how curly your hair will be, it will take you more or less time to get to the same hairstyle length of Kit Harington. He looks to have coiled curly hair and about eight inches of extended length but his hair looks shorter than eight inches when you see it in the pictures. This is what the poster above also mentions that he experienced with his curls. All of us curly heads have noticed this annoying fact of having curly hair! Big Grin

If you hair right now is one inch and a half of length, then you have about another year of hair growth to reach the hairstyle of Kit Harington. Mens hair grows between half an inch and three quarters of an inch so that is about one year of extra growth for you. However what is the type of your curls? is it wavy/coiled/kinky?

Elena

Thank you for the detailed breakdown! I would call my hair wavy. It is definitely not coiled, and I wouldn't call it kinky either. When its like 4-5 inches long the curls can be pretty substantial, but once it gets a little longer they seem to straighten out a bit. I've never had it as long as Kit in these pictures, and I'm hoping that once it gets to that length the extra weight will weigh down the curls and have them end up entirely wavy and less curly.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 406 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 8,570 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
  Epic Soccer Hairstyles and Haircuts of the 2016 UEFA Euro TheMensHairForum 8 2,135 06-19-2016 01:05 PM
Wink Bradley Cooper Hairstyle With Wavy Curly Hair - How To Do? iamorlando 0 1,180 05-25-2016 04:03 AM
Last Post: iamorlando