Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Murphy hair products worth it or overpriced?
04-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Kevin Murphy hair products worth it or overpriced?
Hey I'm always on the lookout for good hair products. I have came across the product line of Kevin Murphy. I have seen on numerous websites that a lot of mens celebrities are using this product nowadays. I checked it out and the prices are pretty expensive. Anyone know about this brand and is it worth the price?

Let me know what you think!!

Moderator edit: Please no external links as per our rules.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2015, 05:27 AM
RE: Kevin Murphy hair products worth it or overpriced?
The hair products from Kevin Murphy are the usual high price hairstylist signature products. These products are on the level of the regular products that you will see recommended in this forum time and time again only that you're paying for the name of the hairstylist with these signature products.

I don't have any experience with Kevin Murphy products so I can't really comment on how good they are, if they're any good. What I can say is that I have tried a huge amount of brands and the hairstylist signature brands tend to be nothing but overpriced generic products. There are a couple of brands that come to my mind but I would rather not mention them as I'm not into putting down brands unless they're scamming consumers.

Again though I really have no experience with the products from Kevin Murphy so all I can say is that there are quite a few of these types of products (hairstylist signature products) around and from my experience they aren't worth the price.
04-16-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: Kevin Murphy hair products worth it or overpriced?
I'm not too keen either with those types of signature hair products. Probably because we work with barber friendly products that are as functional as they are effective. Not to say that the products from the Kevin Murphy range do not work as I do not have any experience with them.

The products are very expensive tho and seem to be targeted at high end hair salons and clientele. I've just browsed a couple of their products so maybe they have others that aren't as pricey. For me personally I just point anyone to the sticky hair products list as the products there are reasonably cheap and work just as well the more expensive products. Products like waxes, pomades or gels can only have so much differentiation between brands so you will sometimes pay more for the branding than for the actual quality of the product for some expensive hair products.

The only time when I think it's worth spending a bit more is with the hair styling tools like hair clippers, hair dryers, hair straighteners and more. For example if you want high quality in a hair clipper you really do need to shed some more money to get a product that will not break after a couple of months worth of use. Just see the hair clippers thread to see how the best hair clippers do carry a high price tag. But those hair clippers will be with next year working just as well as they were working when you first unboxed the hair clipper.

Quote:There are a couple of brands that come to my mind but I would rather not mention them as I'm not into putting down brands unless they're scamming consumers.

A bit off topic but I have a feeling that I know a couple of those awful hair product brands you're referring to Big Grin
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 87 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 321 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 160 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  If you could solve one problem with male hair products what would it be and why? TotalHairNoob 0 199 08-08-2016 07:40 AM
Last Post: TotalHairNoob