Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Justin Bieber pompadour hairstyle? Yay/Nay?
08-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Justin Bieber pompadour hairstyle? Yay/Nay?
What do you think of these pictures of the pompadour hairstyle of Justin Bieber. I saw the Zayn Malik pompadour pictures in this forum and noticed Justin seemed to get the pompadour at the same time as Zayn Malik.
Now i'm no one expert but obviously teen idols seem to kinda be copycatting each other all the time.
Never thought i'd find myself discussing about the hairstyles of Bieber tho Dodgy

[Image: justin-bieber-celibataire.jpg]

[Image: justin-bieber-2013-pics.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Justin Bieber pompadour hairstyle? Yay/Nay?
And another picture of his pompadour "justin" case

[Image: Justin-Bieber-Instagram-January-2013.jpg]
08-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Alex that hairstyle of Justin Bieber is not an actual Pompadour hairstyle, it's a hybrid that is trending and that Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik popularized. What you think is a Pompadour hairstyle is a hybrid of a Pompadour, a Quiff and a Brush Up hairstyle. I remember talking to Rogelio (username "Curly Hair" in this forum, author of the epic The Men's Hair Book) and he had a name for the hairstyle like when he came up with the Metro Mullet but I cant remember what he called it exactly, think he said "pseudo Pomp" or some thing like that Dodgy Idea

In the Zayn Malik hairstyles thread we do call the hairstyle a Pompadour but mostly because it can be confusing to newbies and because it does look like a Pompadour hairstyle from the front Smile It does have all the qualities for the styling definition of "Brush Up" style. Usually what you can do is keep the whole brush up styling element and just modify the forelock (i.e. the hair on the front of the head) with some styling wax to make the forelock rounder, quiff it or create a pseudo crest similar to a Pompadour, and this is what the Bieber has done himself, just played with the forelock (or more like his hairstylist did as I doubt Justin knows anything other than taking a shower when it comes to male grooming).

For what is worth, I do think the pseudo Pompadour hairstyle looks very good on Justin Bieber, will be messaging Rogelio about the hairstyle see if he can tell us more.

The products you would need for Bieber's hairstyle would be a good matte wax and a good hair dryer (aka blow dryer). For matter wax, this hair wax works very well for a brush up and, for a hair dryer, I recommend you to pay a bit for quality and get this hair dryer. A good quality hair dryer like the one in the link will do the job much better, faster and will last you a long time, which is the exact of opposite of what a cheap hair dryer will do! Big Grin

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-26-2013, 05:04 PM
TMHF is right, Justin Bieber's hairstyle is not a pompadour tho it can be referred as one just for the sake of it.
As much as I think Justin Bieber is a lesbian butch in disguise, that brushed up pompadour hairstyle looks good on him.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
08-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Thanxxs for the explanation on the pompadour & the actual hairstyle of Justin Bieber Smile
ROFL at the lesbian butch in disguise comment from Barber!!!
08-27-2013, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2013 09:11 PM by Tyrone92.)
justin bieber be better off with a lone buzz cut and thats it
still saying yay tho hairstyle not looking bad
08-28-2013, 06:45 AM
I don't like it. I have a pompadour (sometimes, right now in trying new ones) and he just makes that hairstyle look bad. I don't think it looks that good on him.[/align]
08-30-2013, 02:14 PM
yes it is true Justin Bieber's hairstyle is not a textbook pompadour hairstyle but it can be called a "pompadour". This one is more like a real pompadour hairstyle

(08-26-2013 05:04 PM)Barber Wrote:  Justin Bieber is a lesbian butch in disguise

haha! is the word in "english" dyke the same for a lesbian butch?? (for anybody doesnt know my enlighs is my 2nd language Big Grin)
08-30-2013, 05:44 PM
LOL yes it is Jurgen!
10-02-2013, 02:09 PM
I think it looks pretty good on him, I have always wondered how he would look without all the hair though. Seems he's never really had it buzz cut short.
10-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Take out the piercings Justin... Looks good though but not my style.
10-15-2013, 04:02 AM
Not my cup of tea, probably because the combo hair/earrings/make-up (no way is he not wearing make-up) is just too overgroomed for my taste.
10-15-2013, 04:30 PM
(10-15-2013 04:02 AM)Niebuhr Wrote:  Not my cup of tea, probably because the combo hair/earrings/make-up (no way is he not wearing make-up) is just too overgroomed for my taste.

Yep. Not keen on this over grooming of these current male celebrities.

10-16-2013, 08:55 AM
I prefer it over the hairstyle he had when he first came out. Those bangs...
10-18-2013, 02:01 AM
Totally agree but imagine Beiber with a buzzcut......
12-13-2013, 05:34 PM
what is best wax or pomade to use for this ?
What exactly is a brushed up hair style it is just when the sides are blowdied up or is it similar to a quiff.
12-13-2013, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2013 06:20 PM by Barber.)
(12-13-2013 05:34 PM)JHayler Wrote:  what is best wax or pomade to use for this ?
What exactly is a brushed up hair style it is just when the sides are blowdied up or is it similar to a quiff.

A brush up is when you lift the hair up with your fingers or with a comb and usually do so while blow drying the hair, the result looks messy/out of bed style but the hair is lifted up evenly across the top of the head while a quiff puts more emphasis on the hair on the front being higher.
These are examples of brush up hairstyles from Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik

[Image: justin-bieber-celibataire.jpg]

[Image: zayn_malik_5.jpg]

[Image: ZAYN+MALIK.jpg]

Get hair wax instead of pomade for a brush up hairstyle, this Tigi bed head hair wax will work for a brush up hairstyle.

12-14-2013, 04:05 PM
ok thanks i have TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Seperation Work Wax and i find it doesnt work at all, after an hour it doesnt seem there anything in my hair any more, like my hair is just up but all fly away pieces. It look like ive just blow dried it and left it.
So any other suggestion?
12-14-2013, 04:38 PM
(12-14-2013 04:05 PM)JHayler Wrote:  ok thanks i have TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Seperation Work Wax and i find it doesnt work at all, after an hour it doesnt seem there anything in my hair any more, like my hair is just up but all fly away pieces. It look like ive just blow dried it and left it.
So any other suggestion?

From what I have read in the forum before I think the TIGI Bed Head wax is suppose to give a 'natural' hair look so maybe thats why it looks like there isnt any on your hair after an hour?
How about the Gatsby hair wax the guys listed in their 'best waxes' section? it's a matte wax too but seems to be stronger and more shaping than the TIGI hair wax, at least that's what I found - see the listed Gatsby wax here
12-14-2013, 05:36 PM
(12-14-2013 04:38 PM)Stevens Wrote:  
(12-14-2013 04:05 PM)JHayler Wrote:  ok thanks i have TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Seperation Work Wax and i find it doesnt work at all, after an hour it doesnt seem there anything in my hair any more, like my hair is just up but all fly away pieces. It look like ive just blow dried it and left it.
So any other suggestion?

From what I have read in the forum before I think the TIGI Bed Head wax is suppose to give a 'natural' hair look so maybe thats why it looks like there isnt any on your hair after an hour?
How about the Gatsby hair wax the guys listed in their 'best waxes' section? it's a matte wax too but seems to be stronger and more shaping than the TIGI hair wax, at least that's what I found - see the listed Gatsby wax here

Ok i will give it a go, i waa thinking of possibly trying Hairbound Moulder or quick sand

In the picture posted off Zayn Malik what sort of hair wax do you believe it could be ?
As i want something with that matt finish but with the hold
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tips for Cameron Dallas hairstyle and haircut with straight hair icey3333331 0 142 11-13-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: icey3333331
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 480 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 354 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 8,771 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum