Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny depp Cry Baby Hairstyle
04-08-2015, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 11:23 PM by shahrukhch1.)
Johnny depp Cry Baby Hairstyle
I came across this really cool hairstyle Johnny Depp had in the movie cry baby. It looks like a slick back. His hair seems pretty long since it goes down to his chin almost. What would you tell your barber if you wanted something like this?

[Image: 2n7mkh3.jpg]

[Image: 4skvgo.jpg]

[Image: vq1ll4.jpg]

[Image: 2qw0rhs.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 11:04 AM
The cut for Johnny Depp hairstyle is 8 inches on the forelock & 6 inches elsewhere.
I have edited your post so that I would embed below the actual movie clip with Johnny Depp's hairstyle and it'd be easier for others to see what you're referring to! Smile

The hairstyle of Johnny Depp in the Cry Baby movie is a Pompadour hairstyle. Having said that it isn't a super smooth Pompadour. As required in a Pomp hairstyle, the hair needs to be relatively long.

Johnny Depp's hair is about 8 inches long on the top and on the front, which is what we call the forelock (from the hairline of the forehead to 2 inches behind. It's a small area indeed). The rest of the hair is about 6 inches long, without a taper haircut since taper haircuts don't go very well with Pompadour hairstyles.

Essentially, first grow your hair so that it is at least 8 inches long. Then go to your barber and tell him to cut the forelock with 8 inches as if you wanted to have a Quiff. Tell him the rest of the head should be cut to 6 inches, not 8 inches. You''l be left with an extra 2 inches on the front which is what gives the illusion of bulk on the front, and it'd look better if Johnny Depp's Pompadour had been styled better by the movie's hairstylists.

Take into account that, because of the length of the hair, you will certainly need a pomade that has a strong hold. The Layrite water-based pomade will work great for that long Pompadour hairstyle.

If you feel like greasing your hair as Johnny Depp would have for his role in Cry Baby if it was real, then you'd want to get either of these 2 recommended oil-based pomades.

How long is your hair currently as I lost track of your hair length? Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-09-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: Johnny depp Cry Baby Hairstyle
(04-09-2015 11:04 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  I have edited your post so that I would embed below the actual movie clip with Johnny Depp's hairstyle and it'd be easier for others to see what you're referring to! Smile

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3Nzc3Rezt3w?rel=0&amp;controls=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The hairstyle of Johnny Depp in the Cry Baby movie is a Pompadour hairstyle. Having said that it isn't a super smooth Pompadour. As required in a Pomp hairstyle, the hair needs to be relatively long.

Johnny Depp's hair is about 8 inches long on the top and on the front, which is what we call the forelock (from the hairline of the forehead to 2 inches behind. It's a small area indeed). The rest of the hair is about 6 inches long, without a taper haircut since taper haircuts don't go very well with Pompadour hairstyles.

Essentially, first grow your hair so that it is at least 8 inches long. Then go to your barber and tell him to cut the forelock with 8 inches as if you wanted to have a Quiff. Tell him the rest of the head should be cut to 6 inches, not 8 inches. You''l be left with an extra 2 inches on the front which is what gives the illusion of bulk on the front, and it'd look better if Johnny Depp's Pompadour had been styled better by the movie's hairstylists.

Take into account that, because of the length of the hair, you will certainly need a pomade that has a strong hold. The Layrite water-based pomade will work great for that long Pompadour hairstyle.

If you feel like greasing your hair as Johnny Depp would have for his role in Cry Baby if it was real, then you'd want to get either of these 2 recommended oil-based pomades.

How long is your hair currently as I lost track of your hair length? Smile

I haven't measured it yet but Im 4 months in growing my hair out. I posted some picture yesterday night in my blog. If you could please look at it and give me some feedback on how much longer i need to get it to this hairstyle or even the zayn malik hairstyle I previously asked about. thanks for your help Smile

http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...ng-Journey
04-09-2015, 11:49 AM
RE: Johnny depp Cry Baby Hairstyle
this is my hair length right now. I have more pics in my blog. How much more do you think I need to grow it out for?

[Image: s2vc7d.jpg]
04-09-2015, 12:06 PM
You will need an extra 4 inches of hair length for Johnny Depp's hairstyle look.
I've just replied to your hair-growing journey, and, as I've said, you need an extra 6 to 8 months of hair growth, as Johnny Depp's hair in Cry Baby is long, longer than it looks since the slicked back hair in the Pompadour is tucked back and hidden in the mass of hair, which gives the impression of a short hair length in the Pompadour, shorter than it actually is.

You certainly have the hair type and hair density to have that Pompadour look great on you. So it will be worth the waiting if you're serious about sporting a slicked Pompadour!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tips for Cameron Dallas hairstyle and haircut with straight hair icey3333331 0 145 11-13-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: icey3333331
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 488 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 356 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 8,843 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum