Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Marr and products?
06-23-2016, 05:22 AM
Johnny Marr and products?
Hi,
New to the forum so apologies if this is in the wrong section. I’m looking for a product to get a natural textured look similar to Johnny Marr or Noel Gallagher? My hair is straight and thick, unfortunately not everywhere. I’m 45 and my crown is thinning. Sad

I’m currently using VO5 clay which is OK but I want something with lighter hold and less greasy. I’m using less and less product every day, just a fingertip of product. I’ve been looking for another clay to use but maybe I should be looking for a different type of product altogether. Paste maybe?

I did buy Layrite Cement last week and it was horrible. I struggled to get it through my hair and the product seemed to tell me what style to have instead of me being able to style it. Plus the vanilla scent was too strong and overpowering.

I’ve been watching a lot of videos on YouTube but most of them seem to be pushing their own products or the vloggers have been sent products to ‘review’ and I just don’t trust them. I’ll make a note of said reviewed product and look at the reviews on Amazon and they tell a totally different story.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2016, 07:31 AM
RE: Johnny Marr and products?
Hello Blackmass,

I might be wrong but I have a feeling that they´re not using much at all - especially not Gallagher for his 90s Oasis-at-their-height look. There´s some scene in Quadrophenia where the barber asks if they want stuff in their hair and mods scream no and I think he kept to that natural mod/Beatles look. When I wanted my hair to be slightly thicker and slightly set in that mop toppish way - I like that british look myself - I´ve used a strand paste (might be the german term, I think surf paste is the english equivalent) - not greasy and changed he texture a bit. Hope that helps but might not work on your hair. Good luck!
09-14-2016, 04:57 PM
RE: Johnny Marr and products?
hey there, just googled those two and that doesn't look like a hard hair cut to pull off if your hair is right for it. Johnny Marr's hair looks natural to me, maybe try shaping with a hair dryer and add some strong hold hair spray (just a tad) , something like "tigi bedhead hard head " and for Noel Gallagher, he definitely has some form of paste in there, I'd try some medium/hard hold paste. you can try something like "kms molding paste". I personally don't like waxes but they should also be a good option.

try a few products they aren't all going to work for you.

p. s: Balding should not in any way be a reason for you to like your hair any less, some women love balding men. Balding doesn't mean you can't have great hair because you can.!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I need help about my hair,products and what to do UltraReflex 0 135 10-31-2016 11:59 PM
Last Post: UltraReflex
  Products MrTJQuiffHair99 0 291 02-08-2016 04:27 PM
Last Post: MrTJQuiffHair99
  Quiff hairstyle and losing hair volume with same products GoodHair 4 1,545 09-19-2015 12:25 PM
Last Post: GoodHair
  Using 2 different hair products for hairstyles? tellyouican 1 721 07-31-2015 06:15 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum