Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joaquin Phoenix hair loss pictures
12-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Joaquin Phoenix hair loss pictures
I was reading a thread on the pompadour hairstyle of Joaquin Phoenix when I noticed his hairline possibly receding. Is it hair loss or his mature hairline? Joaquin Phoenix has always been known for his thick hair tho I have never paid attention to his hairline as he usually masks it with a hair fringe.
It looks like another Hollywood case where the balding famous actor does all possible to hide the balding and hairline but in close pictures you can tell something has been done Big Grin

I did some searching for pictures of Joaquin Phoenix hair loss and I found a very interesting picture I am attaching where you can see the "island" hair patch forming in the front, this would be a confirmation of male pattern baldness. But we would need more pictures to confirm MPB and its difficult to find very close pictures of his hair.
I am posting more pictures of Joaquin Phoenix from different distances to notice the hairline at different angles but pay close attention to the attached picture with the front hairline of Phoenix.
Interesting!

[Image: 7rj8Rfm.jpg]

[Image: 9KpXRPw.jpg]

[Image: FfOXGqj.jpg]

Btw this is the initial thread of Joaquin Phoenix pompadour hairstyle. That was his hair in 2005 and with lots of makeup.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2013, 11:32 AM
RE: Joaquin Phoenix hair loss pictures
Few more pictures even tho the above pictures are better at illustrating the island hairline effect.

[Image: Joaquin-Phoenix-358254-1-402.jpg]

[Image: joaquin-phoenix-master-premiere-26.jpg]
12-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Hey Jurgen, well spotted! I did notice the hairline and the island patch in some of the pictures of his pompadour when I was posting them, but those pictures were from 2005 and not from his current hair.

I think we can leave it as confirmed, Joaquin Phoenix is afflicted with male pattern baldness. However bear in mind that Phoenix is almost 40 so it is pretty normal at that age to be a Norwood III on your way to full MPB. He has kept his youthful looks though which I guess is why his hairline receding looks worse than it really is.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-28-2013, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2013 09:02 AM by Lordius.)
Wow! good eye!
I only remember Joaquin Phoenix from the Gladiator movie and the caesar cut he had & his thick hair. I am surprised to see the extent of the hair loss but then again he is 39 so thats not that uncommon.

[Image: 600full-gladiator-screenshot.jpg]

[Image: commodus-is-bored.jpg]

[Image: commodus-sticks-out-his-tongue.jpg]
03-12-2014, 02:41 AM
OMG, i can see the difference
04-07-2014, 10:19 PM
I can tell he is bald. I often wonder if these extremely rich, elite Hollywood types could ever make male baldness cool? The public puts them under a microscope so we can eventually tell if they are bald or not..so why don't they just go with it and instead make their personalities so awesome that everyone loves them despite their baldness or am I just living in a dream world and in the end women still find hair sexier then a perfect personality? Maybe sex will always sell more then personality and a persons virtuous traits...*shrugs*
04-09-2014, 11:52 AM
(04-07-2014 10:19 PM)worsthairever Wrote:  I can tell he is bald. I often wonder if these extremely rich, elite Hollywood types could ever make male baldness cool? The public puts them under a microscope so we can eventually tell if they are bald or not..so why don't they just go with it and instead make their personalities so awesome that everyone loves them despite their baldness or am I just living in a dream world and in the end women still find hair sexier then a perfect personality? Maybe sex will always sell more then personality and a persons virtuous traits...*shrugs*

Well, I would not go as far as to say that bald men have it that bad when it comes to Hollywood; it's just that the only representation of bald men in Hollywood is that of muscled up guys who are rough like sandpaper and who can only include a maximum of 5 words in a sentence: Bruce Willis, The Rock, Vin Diesel, Jason Statham. You never have in Hollywood movies a bald guy who is suave and good looking as a total package. It's either a huge dude with a steroid-inflated body or some loser dude whom everyone laughs at.

The only Hollywood actor whom I could think of representing bald men with a suave style is Billy Zane, but then, for many of his roles he wore a wig (e.g. Titanic). We have a thread on Harry Styles going bald, can you imagine if that kid lost his hair in 3 years time? not one groupie would be interested anymore in him. Same goes for Zayn Malik, and I am only mentioning these 2 kids (from boy band One Direction) because they owe much of their looks and groupie adoration to their hair.

We talked about this in your introduction, and, unfortunately, it is true. Hair just plays too much of an attractiveness role in today's society, but it always has and always will. Tattoos, piercings, buff bodies, tanning, you name it, those kind of things go in and out of fashion and attractiveness. Hair, however, will never lose its sex appeal. This doesn't mean that if you're balding you are screwed, it just means that you will need to work on other qualities of yours, or, as Rogelio brilliantly puts it in The Curly Hair Book, "pull a Vin Diesel" Big Grin

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-09-2014, 12:09 PM
hair is so important! even for such stars...interesting to see his new outlook without any hair
05-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Another recent picture of Joaquin Phoenix balding.

[Image: RigUdZb.jpg]
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this hair loss? AwesomeHair 0 415 09-11-2016 05:31 AM
Last Post: AwesomeHair
  Has my topknot caused hair loss? -KANE- 0 388 08-18-2016 11:14 AM
Last Post: -KANE-
  Natural alternative solutions for treating hair loss alexdeen75 1 463 07-23-2016 11:29 PM
Last Post: Reborn Hair PPP
  Hair Loss Products for Men OTC TheMensHairForum 35 27,756 05-18-2016 03:16 PM
Last Post: williadl