Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jax Teller short haircut
12-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Jax Teller short haircut
I've had a long hairstyle for almost a year now and now I'm looking for something else. I want it short just like Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam) in Sons of Anarchy and I want to combine it with the same beard style. (season 4 to be exact). Never tried a style like this, usually when I have a short haircut the sides and back are short, but in this haircut, the sides and back are long which intrigues me. I have a few questions:

1. How can I style it like his?, I was thinking to blow dry it to the front right?, with my fingers. I do wonder how I could keep it textured like Jax's as shown in the pictures, since blowdrying forward could make it super flat. Any tips on that?

2. What are the lenghts on the top, sides and back? i.e. how could I describe the haircut to my barber (I could always show a picture, but I wonder what the exact lengths are one the top, sides and back)

pictures:

[Image: k8cw7.png]

[Image: k13shu.png]

[Image: 33x7coy.jpg]

[Image: 33lcegi.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: Jax Teller short haircut
no one any idea?
01-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Hey man whats up. That is a long taper haircut, done with scissors. Any barber can do a long taper. The top is 2 inches - the sides & back are 1 1/2 inches or so. Ask for a long taper, only shears/scissors for the taper cut. He can use the hair clipper to re-touch the edges but not to do the actual taper.

Styling is a dry style. Get the Tigi hair wax for the dry look & style with fingers. If you have hair dryer then use it. Style with hair a little bit damp, then style with fingers with the hair dryer pointing to your hair all the time. Direction for styling is anything you want - just follow the pictures with the direction of the hair, very easy.

The Tigi wax is the one we always recommend - it is this wax - while the hair dryer is anything that is decent. I think you already had a hair dryer but you can always check the hair dryers thread if you don't have one & want to get a good cheap hair dryer.

I thought you were growing your hair long tho?
01-02-2015, 05:22 PM
all good brother. I did grow my hair man, and it got quite long. Honestly I think my hair is kinda damaged, plus it got kinda annoying man. Basically I just want to get it cut so I can have a little more healthier hair, because I want to slick my hair back towards the summer, which means it has to get longer again.

Thanks for the input and you're right, I do have a hair dryer but I will be investing in a better one.

The hairstyle I want to try in the summer:

[Image: sons-of-anarchy-episode-5-12-darthy-prom...0_full.jpg]
01-30-2015, 02:35 PM
I tried Jax's haircut, works good. I want to try this hairstyle too.

[Image: dia_milo_seitlich.jpg]

[Image: dia_milo_jeanshemd.jpg]

[Image: 14uuy4h.jpg]

[Image: 1ox5dt.jpg]

How should I go about styling this hairstyle? My hair is wavy/curly so I can't just apply product to wet hair. Thanks
02-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Maybe wax or gel!
03-28-2015, 12:39 PM
(01-02-2015 05:22 PM)SAMCRO Wrote:  all good brother. I did grow my hair man, and it got quite long. Honestly I think my hair is kinda damaged, plus it got kinda annoying man. Basically I just want to get it cut so I can have a little more healthier hair, because I want to slick my hair back towards the summer, which means it has to get longer again.

Thanks for the input and you're right, I do have a hair dryer but I will be investing in a better one.

The hairstyle I want to try in the summer:

[Image: sons-of-anarchy-episode-5-12-darthy-prom...0_full.jpg]

How long would it take to grow to this length? would this work for the thicker hair type people because I know Charlie hunnam doesn't have that thick of hair
03-29-2015, 09:06 AM
I think the last picture of Charlie Hunnam hair is right on the starting length for long hair. So it looks like it's about six inches or fifteen centimetres.

Like it has been explained before in the forum, if you want to calculate how long it will take you to grow your hair long, just subtract your hair in inches from your goal length and then multiply it by two. That should give you the amount of time in months to grow your hair long to that length you have as a goal.

If you're still unsure then you can go thru the mens hair length guide in the forum here which talks about all the hair lengths available for mens hair.
03-29-2015, 09:27 PM
(03-29-2015 09:06 AM)Bradley Wrote:  I think the last picture of Charlie Hunnam hair is right on the starting length for long hair. So it looks like it's about six inches or fifteen centimetres.

Like it has been explained before in the forum, if you want to calculate how long it will take you to grow your hair long, just subtract your hair in inches from your goal length and then multiply it by two. That should give you the amount of time in months to grow your hair long to that length you have as a goal.

If you're still unsure then you can go thru the mens hair length guide in the forum here which talks about all the hair lengths available for mens hair.

Thanks!! Big Grin
04-09-2015, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 12:08 PM by SAMCRO.)
I want to style my hair like this now. Since it's still about Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam) I didn't feel the need to start a new thread. My question. I have wavy/curly hair.

Should I straighten my hair or blow dry my hair before applying the product. His hair isn't really long if you look closeley, but it does lay flat, which I really like.

His hair is naturally straight, so it won't bounce back. Mine would bounce back probably (i.e. wouldn't lay flat probably). How should I go about doing this style? My hair is at least as long as his hair, maybe slightly longer. (I'm talking about milimeters)

[Image: 2lswl53.png]

[Image: 2nc0977.png]

[Image: 6huyvd.png]
04-09-2015, 12:22 PM
How to get Jax Teller's hairstyle as a slicked back style with straightened hair.
Well the flat look is because of his hair being straight. We've discussed this in our slicked back hair guide as in straight hair is just about the only hair type that can really pull the classic slick back style, which is when the hair lies flat on the head and in an even direction, which is Jax Teller's hairstyle. So, if you want to get that hairstyle of Charlie Hunnam as Jax Teller, you will need to have straight hair.

Apply the product after straightening the hair if you're using a hair straightener. If you're instead using the blow-drying technique without the hair straightener, then you can use the product before. Do remember that the blow-drying technique is hard on the hair follicles, so it isn't a hair-straightening method for men that you want to use frequently if you're interested in keeping your hair over the long term.

If you're using a hair straightener, try to use a product that doesn't have a lot of water so as to avoiding the slight waving of the hair. I remember we discussed this issue before in another thread. The sort of product that you want to get is a styling wax or a pomade. A styling wax rubber like the ones from the Gatsby hair wax range will also work to avoiding getting your straightened hair to absorb too much moisture and wave/coil back.

Here's a frontal picture of the long slicked back hairstyle of Charlie Hunnam. By the way, it's fine to open a new thread if you have questions that concern another hairstyle from a previous thread you may have had. Just make sure to use a descriptive title for the thread so that it grabs people's attention. In this case, it's fine to discuss this new hairstyle in this thread, but you can certainly open new threads whenever you want so long as you abide by keeping it as descriptive as possible! Smile

[Image: 640px-Charlie_Hunnam_by_Gage_Skidmore_3.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-09-2015, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 01:02 PM by SAMCRO.)
Thanks for the reply! The photo you shared is Charlie with longer hair, definitely considered long hair. When I have it that long it is way easier for me.

Didn't know that blowdrying could lead to hairloss on the long term! Read a lot about it, mostly read that it would damage the hair but not really a cause for hairloss.

I use it 2/3 times a week. Is that considered frequent? On the weekends I mostly don't blow dry my hair, but if I do, I use the coldest temperature. The coldest temperature won't damage my hair at all right? Because I don't feel any heat when doing that.
04-10-2015, 08:02 AM
(04-09-2015 12:59 PM)SAMCRO Wrote:  Thanks for the reply! The photo you shared is Charlie with longer hair, definitely considered long hair. When I have it that long it is way easier for me.

Didn't know that blowdrying could lead to hairloss on the long term! Read a lot about it, mostly read that it would damage the hair but not really a cause for hairloss.

I use it 2/3 times a week. Is that considered frequent? On the weekends I mostly don't blow dry my hair, but if I do, I use the coldest temperature. The coldest temperature won't damage my hair at all right? Because I don't feel any heat when doing that.

What he actually meant was that using a hair brush while blowdrying the hair to make it straight would lead to traction alopecia.

You're probably aware of traction alopecia from reading the forum but this is what traction alopecia looks like. Those pics are extreme cases of traction alopecia from using a chemical hair straightener, called a relaxer, and tying the hair back really hard along with braids. But expect some small hair loss if you brushing hard on curly hair.

The method to straighten hair with a blow dryer is to blowdry the hair as you brush your curly hair back. You keep doing this until the curly shape is lost and your left with hair that is between wavy and straight. The hair will also frizz up a lot so you then use a hairstyling cream, a pomade, or a styling wax on the hair. Once you apply the product you brush a tad more as you keep blowdrying.

It's important to keep the blow dryer pointed to the part of the head which you're brushing so that the hair straightening effect is done faster. Just make sure you're pointing the blowdryer to the front and top of your head as you will be brushing the hair back from the forehead and back.

Because you will be pulling the hair you then run the risk of breaking the hair and also of traction alopecia. That's what he was talking about. The curly shape acts as a hook when you pass a hairbrush or a comb so you will be pulling your head whether you like it or not as you keep blowdrying it so it becomes half wavy and half straight.
It's not a bad method to straighten hair for men. It's just that if you are doing it every day for many months at a time you will pull hair out that didn't need to be pulled and you will break a good amount of hair strands which would make your straight hair look a bit off loop.

If you're using the coldest temperature then you will be fine. You are also using it two or three times per week mate so you're safe. You will be safe too if you start brushing the curls out with the blowdrying method if you keep that frequency and even higher. Just don't make it an everyday method for a whole year as that's when you would run into problems.
Cheers!
04-10-2015, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 02:51 PM by SAMCRO.)
Hey thanks man!, definitely wouldn't want to lose my hair, btw forgot to mention that it is 2/3 times on medium to hot temperature and once a week on cold temperature. My hair is rather short now, so right after my shower I towel dry my hair and then blow dry it.

My hair is more wavy actually, so I don't feel any pulling when I'm blow drying (a good sign I think)..

I will be straightening my hair with a straightening iron after my blow drying session within a month or so, cause the length will be a little easier to work with. The reason is that using a straightening iron alone on dry wavy/curly hair is really difficult, especially when the hair is short to medium.

This will also be 2/3 times. Will this combination of blow drying and straightening with a hair straightener be a lot worse for my hair? (compared to blow dry or straightening on its own)
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Salvaging a too-short cut aimsme 0 51 12-05-2016 12:40 PM
Last Post: aimsme
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 290 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 194 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 223 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander