Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itching a little after using Taft Power Wax Hair Styler (Schwarzkopf)
06-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Hello everyone, i bought Schwarzkopf Professional's Taft Power Wax Hair Styler and i've put it on my hair and now my hair itches(burns) a little, is that normal? By the way this is the first time i use hair wax.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2016, 02:41 PM
It doesn't itch now, it's fine but i'm not sure if I should continue using it?
06-08-2016, 03:13 PM
The caffeine found in the Taft Power hair wax is what's causing the itching!
Well, the Taft Power Hair Styler wax from Schwarzkopf is a caffeinated hair wax. Caffeine is among many of the exotic ingredients used in modern-day hairstyling waxes and what you're experiencing i the classic mild-itching sensation of a caffeinated hair product when it is immediately applied on the hair.

What the above means is that you're fine and that such mild itching is nothing but the scalp reacting to the topical caffeine in the Taft Power hair wax. As you've experienced, the itching experienced from caffeinated hair products goes away fast (in minutes) and the itching is very mild; it's akin to a funky funny feeling on your scalp. Was your scalp (i.e. the skin on your head) itching badly or was it just a mild sensation? If it's the latter, then you've nothing to worry about.

In any case, there are plenty of other hairstyling waxes for men's hair that do not have caffeine in them and that do a great job at styling men's hair. Have a look at our hair wax guide for a pretty-good list of hair waxes that have different properties and that are aimed for different styles and hair-styling effects.

Caffeine is mainly used in men's hair products for the invigorating (i.e. itching) effect that it yields on the scalp and for its experimental track at helping with male pattern baldness. Unless you really like the product for the styling results that it gives you, I would suggest that you look at other hairstyling waxes (as per the link above) if the itching effect bothers you too much.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-08-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Itching a little after using Taft Power Wax Hair Styler (Schwarzkopf)
Thanks a lot for your answer,its fine now,maybe i used a lot of it...One more question,on box it says that it can be on my hair for 48 hours?Is that true or should i wash it every time i use it..
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Schwarzkopf Extra Care Power & Touch Anti-Crunch Wax review? Emmanuel 2 797 07-06-2015 03:35 AM
Last Post: Emmanuel
  Parlux 385 Power Light Ceramic and Ionic Hair Dryer Review greatbritain123 1 1,039 06-11-2015 07:55 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum