Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this normal?
02-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Is this normal?
I read in the Men's Hair Care Book that it is normal to see some hairs fall out when in the shower or styling your hair, but how much is considered normal? I currently see some hair strands when I shower or when I style my hair. I usually notice around 20-30 hairs in the shower and 5-10 when I style my hair with wax. Is this normal?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: Is this normal?
Yes, it's very normal. Rogelio himself mentions in the book that when you start optimizing your hair care via the Sebum Coating method and the use of conditioners, your hair will be more lubricated and you will then have more shed hairs falling off than remaining tangled in your hair.

You shed about 100 hair strands per day and when your hair care is poor, most of the shed strands remain interlock with the rest of your un-shed hair strands. Instead, once you start looking after your hair, the lubricated strands are easier to remove Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Good to know those numbers aren't abnormal. I've also noticed more skin being visible near where I part my hair. Am I parting it too rough?
02-13-2014, 03:11 PM
(02-13-2014 02:56 PM)GoodHair Wrote:  Good to know those numbers aren't abnormal. I've also noticed more skin being visible near where I part my hair. Am I parting it too rough?

Now that's fine. You're essentially getting your hair as a whole "cleaner", so it will look sleeker and more defined, including being able to see less of a tumbleweed as most dudes' heads are with poor hair care.

Out of curiosity, what's your hair length category now that you are putting into action the hair grooming methods of The Men's Hair Book? Did you also check out your hairline against the Norwood scale drawing of the book for a more complete hair profile as Rogelio suggests when putting all his methods and system into action?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-13-2014, 05:13 PM
(02-13-2014 03:11 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(02-13-2014 02:56 PM)GoodHair Wrote:  Good to know those numbers aren't abnormal. I've also noticed more skin being visible near where I part my hair. Am I parting it too rough?

Now that's fine. You're essentially getting your hair as a whole "cleaner", so it will look sleeker and more defined, including being able to see less of a tumbleweed as most dudes' heads are with poor hair care.

Out of curiosity, what's your hair length category now that you are putting into action the hair grooming methods of The Men's Hair Book? Did you also check out your hairline against the Norwood scale drawing of the book for a more complete hair profile as Rogelio suggests when putting all his methods and system into action?

My hair is around 3.5" or so on the top and shorter on the sides. I haven't seen any changes in my hairline. The only "issue" I am having has to do with where I part my hair which isn't too noticeable. My main concern was with all the hair shedding.
02-13-2014, 05:45 PM
(02-13-2014 05:13 PM)GoodHair Wrote:  
(02-13-2014 03:11 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

My hair is around 3.5" or so on the top and shorter on the sides. I haven't seen any changes in my hairline. The only "issue" I am having has to do with where I part my hair which isn't too noticeable. My main concern was with all the hair shedding.

Then, you're absolutely fine.

02-19-2014, 02:01 PM
yeah that has happened to me too & I think to just about anyone who gets his hair really groomed in the second stage of the no shampoo method of Rogelio. My hair looks way better and is stronger with this method & after reading the book than ever before.
Also the minute your hair is a bit longer than the length you usually have your hair you will become more aware of how much hair you naturally shed. Rogelio says in the book that the visible difference between shed hair in the short category and hair in the medium category is huge so you will notice what looks like more when your hair gets longer. Fwiw its a great method & book and has made a big change in my hair for good.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb Hairline asymmetry is normal, even Ben Dahlhaus has it! Cool Hair Guy 2 2,831 06-04-2015 11:23 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Tongue Using Wax Makes My Hair Look Dry. Is this normal? choco00934141 7 2,958 11-20-2014 07:26 PM
Last Post: choco00934141