Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this hair loss?
09-11-2016, 05:31 AM
Is this hair loss?
Hello brothers. I'm new to the forum. I have had a problem lately. When I run my hand through my hair and during showering I often get a bunch of hairs on my hands. The hairs that fall out grow back. I know because I sometimes notice tiny hairs. Although it regenerates, the fact that some of it falls out bothers me a lot. I'm 18 after all, and I love long hair.

I have a slight vitamin D deficiency and restarting the vitamin course has helped me a lot, but I'm still anxious. I probably worry more than I should, but my chest hair is also falling out. I'm worried that may be an indication of a health problem.

I went though puberty very fast. When I was 12.5 thick body hair suddenly popped out. I have more hair on my knuckles than some people have on their entire chest. By the time I turned 14 I had a fully developed beard: Not patchy fuzz but a fully mature, rough, dense beard, people usually reach that stage by the time they graduate college. People are baffled when I tell them my real age because I look 25-27.

Since about 10 years old I've had this annoying itchy oily dandruff. I've never given it much attention until I started to grow my hair when it became really annoying. My ignorant parents have always blamed it on me saying that it's my fault because "I don't wash it properly", while I swear I could shampoo my hair up to SIX times EVERY TIME I showered EVERY DAY!

My mother would constantly nag about it and scold me saying "your head stinks, it's embarrassing" even when I came RIGHT OUT OF THE SHOWER! I would roll my eyes at her knowing that nobody has ever been able to please her, and any attempt to satisfy her is useless, as she will always find an excuse to condemn you no matter what you do. Not that she has ever cared about my well being, the reason it bothered her was because of how it looked to others, as in "god forbid anyone might spot an imperfection on the body of my offspring who has to be perfect because I'm a perfect mother because my insatiable EGO". Sorry about the rant, but it's part of the story.

When she FINALLY realized it was a problem, and not my fault, she grudgingly admitted that I had to see a dermatologist. Not that the doctor was of any help, although she diagnosed "seborrheic dermatitis" which is right, all she did was tell me to "try an anti dandruff shampoo such as head and shoulders", which not only doesn't help, but actually worsens the situation. Ever since I started to use head and shoulders and other BS shampoos (since about 10), my dandruff has actually increased twice if not more.

Lately I have found this VICHY medical shampoo that has worked wonders and has cut the hair falling by at least 80 percent. It truly is wonderful, but it also dries the hair.

Also I have this weird sore feeling on my scalp all the time no matter how clean it is as if I had may hair in a tight top knot for an entire day.

I realize this is more of a rant than a question, but I am very anxious and this is an important issue for me that I'm trying to solve, and I just had to take it off my chest. Sometimes I feel like my life plays sadistic jokes on me.

If any of you has had a similar situation, could you share some advice how to solve the problem? Thank you a lot!

Cheers ya'll.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Has my topknot caused hair loss? -KANE- 0 389 08-18-2016 11:14 AM
Last Post: -KANE-
  Natural alternative solutions for treating hair loss alexdeen75 1 463 07-23-2016 11:29 PM
Last Post: Reborn Hair PPP
  Hair Loss Products for Men OTC TheMensHairForum 35 27,768 05-18-2016 03:16 PM
Last Post: williadl
  What are my options now my hair loss is becoming so noticeable? hatemyhair 1 1,595 05-07-2016 10:31 PM
Last Post: kb523