Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this an undercut?
07-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Is this an undercut?
Is this an undercut? If so how would you obtain the volume on top?

[Image: i41j61.png]

Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Is this an undercut?
I'm no expert so I may be wrong, but it looks like the two step undercut as described in the other threads about undercuts. Not quite sure how to style it though.
07-09-2014, 02:31 PM
(07-07-2014 05:00 PM)B2stMode Wrote:  I'm no expert so I may be wrong, but it looks like the two step undercut as described in the other threads about undercuts. Not quite sure how to style it though.

Correct. The hairstyle in that picture is a 2 Step Undercut where there are two layers of hair on the sides, the actual full-on Undercut and a transitional layer between the Undercut and the hair on the top of the head. And thus the two step Undercut!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-11-2014, 08:52 AM
(07-09-2014 02:31 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 05:00 PM)B2stMode Wrote:  I'm no expert so I may be wrong, but it looks like the two step undercut as described in the other threads about undercuts. Not quite sure how to style it though.

Correct. The hairstyle in that picture is a 2 Step Undercut where there are two layers of hair on the sides, the actual full-on Undercut and a transitional layer between the Undercut and the hair on the top of the head. And thus the two step Undercut!

Thanks, I thought I recognised this haircut! How would I style it like it is in the picture?
07-12-2014, 06:39 AM
wow every time I step into the forum I find myself learning something thing new! Big Grin
07-19-2014, 07:50 AM
In order to get that incredible height your'e going to want some kind of fiber that is light weight, but with strong hold. You want to apply the product to mostly damp hair and use the blow dryer to direct the hair upward. Good style!
07-25-2014, 05:33 AM
(07-12-2014 06:39 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  wow every time I step into the forum I find myself learning something thing new! Big Grin

Exactly my thought.
07-31-2014, 08:13 AM
Learned something new today... I had something like that 4 months ago
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
2 step is interesting but I'm not quite sold on it. Will try this rising technique.
08-06-2014, 09:06 AM
(08-05-2014 09:24 PM)guyverman Wrote:  2 step is interesting but I'm not quite sold on it. Will try this rising technique.

You need a good barber to create the top layer of the Undercut. So proceed with caution as a barber may botch the layer (e.g. do a taper cut so you end up with a Regulation Cut).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-06-2014, 09:50 AM
(08-06-2014 09:06 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 09:24 PM)guyverman Wrote:  2 step is interesting but I'm not quite sold on it. Will try this rising technique.

You need a good barber to create the top layer of the Undercut. So proceed with caution as a barber may botch the layer (e.g. do a taper cut so you end up with a Regulation Cut).

Im the same with regarding the 2 step undercut , It looks good in some pictures / angles but then looks awful in others (Looks like its not blended) , Jurgen posted a picture of Messis new haircut would that be a 2 step undercut?
08-06-2014, 11:09 AM
(08-06-2014 09:50 AM)Jonny Wrote:  Im the same with regarding the 2 step undercut , It looks good in some pictures / angles but then looks awful in others (Looks like its not blended) , Jurgen posted a picture of Messis new haircut would that be a 2 step undercut?

The new haircut of Messi is a Regulation haircut, which is a military haircut. The top layer is done in a taper and not with a single clipper length (the latter is what's used for the top layer/step of the 2 Steps Undercut). That's essentially the only difference between the Regulation haircut and the 2 Step Undercut.

The 2 Step Undercut looks good for coiled curly hair, but for straight hair or wavy hair, the regular Undercut looks better (at least in my opinion!).

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 274 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Fade Haircut or Undercut Hairstyle for Professional Look? jon69 1 639 09-09-2016 03:59 PM
Last Post: jon69
  Is a bowl cut like the undercut hairstyle and disconnected haircut? Stevens 8 13,426 07-18-2016 04:40 PM
Last Post: Danydudehair
  Longer slick back with more volume (undercut) w/ Pics imortal 0 631 05-01-2016 10:39 AM
Last Post: imortal