Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Executive haircut for businessmen or a Hipster hairstyle?
09-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Is the Executive haircut for businessmen or a Hipster hairstyle?
It seems like the executive haircut is a popular one in this forum. Because of its name, I'm considering if the executive contour haircut is indeed a type of hairstyle for businessmen or not.

My questions stems from the fact that the executive haircut and all the rest of contour haircuts have become hipster hairstyles. I don't recall anyone wearing a proper executive haircut where I work, as in it's mostly the undercut haircut or the man bun (advertising industry). Most CEOs and CFOs in the industry wear the standard businessmen hairstyle with the tapered side part as per this forum guide:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...Part-Style

If you roll over to industries in the financial sector then everyone wears a side part with a taper haircut. It's a standard hairstyle for businessmen in the banking industry.

So, what I'm trying to ask is... Where does the executive haircut get its 'executive' name from?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: Is the Executive haircut for businessmen or a Hipster hairstyle?
I'm posting below four pictures of some typical executive contour haircuts.

From my understanding, the executive contour has a tapered length on the sides and on the back right across the upper half of these areas of the head. The lower half (from mid way to the neck and ears), the hair is buzzed with a hair clipper. Any barbers or hairdressers in the forum, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on how to cut an executive contour haircut.

[Image: 9ef08afa2854cfbd80b12c69e4128dac.jpg]

[Image: RD13vI7.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nlogvefLLq1rcbamao1_1280.jpg]

[Image: zWz26BH.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 47 Yesterday 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 254 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 185 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 209 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander