Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my barber equipment good enough to get a good haircut?
08-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Is my barber equipment good enough to get a good haircut?
Hey guys I'm really happy that I found this site since I'm really looking for advice on men's haircuts and hairstyles as well as how to be a good barber.

I've been cutting my brother's hair and he too has been cutting my hair for me, for a few years and using a couple hair clippers. After some time, we wanted more than a simple haircut (a "number 1" buzz-cut haircut all over the hair) so we bought the Panasonic ER1611 hair clipper. I also purchased a cheap handle for straight razor blades with 100 "Shark" DE razor blades.

Is my equipment good enough to take good fades? and also, I heard some good reviews about Shark blades, what do you think of them? Can you guys give me some tips about using a straight razor? I always get the skin red and a hard shaving result (the blade is not "sliding" on the skin).

I didn't know where to open this discussion so sorry if this is in the wrong place. Really happy to learn from you guys! Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Conor McGregor hair style - How to get mohawk haircut? drs2016 0 545 11-23-2015 09:03 AM
Last Post: drs2016
  High fade haircut help with best hairstyle and receding hairline Cloverpopper 1 1,679 10-04-2015 07:59 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ideas on how to style short hair from a fade haircut Cloverpopper 0 536 09-26-2015 07:03 PM
Last Post: Cloverpopper
  Tapered Businessman haircut with classic hairstyle question dpratt 1 534 09-16-2015 03:13 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist